Thread: Hotseat Launcher - SS 6.4 XML

Default Hotseat Launcher - SS 6.4 XML

Hotseat Launcher - SS 6.3+ XML
    This file will allow the Hotseat Launcher to run Stainless Steel 6.3+ games in LAN!

EDIT: Basically, you can play with another person at the same time or at your leisure. Or someone else can pick up another player's turn. No need to send emails or have attachments or post up saves, just play nearly simultaneously without having to do much. Just make sure that both players have matching mods/settings.

These should already be installed:

MTWII + Kingdoms 1.05
    Stainless Steel 6.4 (All configurations work, so you can use BGR, RR, any AI, etc.)
    Hotseat Launcher
    A Network already Set Up.

***NOTE*** BGR does not work in Hotseat because only the primary player receives the effects of BGR while the other players are treated as AI.

Comments:
    I have used this across Hamachi with up to 8 players now from different countries/states, and it has worked for me. All factions playable. (Early Era only, but can easily be modded to work for Late Era)

Factions Unplayable: Mongols/Timurids/Papal States/Slaves (Rebels)

Installation:
    1. Download "Stainless Steel.xml"
    2. Move the file to your "Medieval II Total War\tools\hotseat launcher\Data\Mods" folder.
    3. Play!

Credits:
    SS Makers... (I don't keep up with who made SS)
    Hotseat Launcher Makers:
    -Kevin Stoker
    -Scott "Unspoken Knight" Lowther

Download the XML
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; December 27, 2011 at 02:16 AM.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Hotseat Launcher - SS 6.3 XML

Nice! thnks!
    Tho battles are still autoresolved, right?

Depends on if you set the auto resolve options on. Otherwise, any battles you make during your turn will be fought normally.

Any battles that take place after you end turn (as in an AI attacking you or sallying out to attack you) will be auto resolved as well. It is suggested that you only siege a city with a superior force due to this (which is more realistic).

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

I actually ment if there is still no option to fight campaign battles Player vs. Player? Just Player vs. AI or autoresolved, right?

Right. I wish man, that would put a whole new dynamic into the mix. Although, whoever lost would be really angry anyways so... (It's actually saving you a friendship. )

Just an issues update:

Any mods that have scripts that only affect the player will not affect other players. (Whoever is the first player is affected, everyone else is not)

This makes the game pointless with mods like:
    -BGR (Only first players affected)
    -Limited Assembly (Any cities captured by anyone other than the first player cannot build or recruit - AI can still do it, but not other human players)
    -Others I am sure...

Default Re: Hotseat Launcher - SS 6.4 XML

do you know of any way that you can make it on a difficulty other than normal with this tool?

Quote Originally Posted by sandymoo View Post
    do you know of any way that you can make it on a difficulty other than normal with this tool?
    I am currently looking into some HS Launcher improvements. I will add this to the list.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Don't you think it would be possible to make battle against real player in the campaign ?
    You could go to the lan battle maker as if you were playing a historical battle when you would start a battle with the real forces and at the end it would return to the campaign map.
    After all you managed to play a campaign in lan, why not the battles.
    If you want some help I would be very happy to help you.

does anybody actually use this? it seems really useful but i cannot build any troops after 5-6 turns and all the buildings cost 50% less after first turn

How can i actually use the Hotseat when i start it it says Transfer Path and Medieval 2 Install path the Medieval path is set automatic but what is that Transfer path thing and when i click Join Game On Game name there is nothing pls help

shashu,

I would love to be able to do what you are talking about, but I am not the original Hotseat Launcher creator and do not have his source code I think.

moby2222,

If you are experiencing those issues, most likely you are using the submods that I have warned against with hotseat.

This makes the game pointless with mods like:
    -BGR (Only first players affected)
    -Limited Assembly (Any cities captured by anyone other than the first player cannot build or recruit - AI can still do it, but not other human players)
    -Others I am sure...

Dustwolfbg,

You need to specify a shared drive for the save files to go to. That way, all players can access the save file and save to that file seamlessly (ie: without emailing back and forth).

Hi! Thanks very much for mulitplayer support,,

Can i have any qusetion???

when i was try to hoseat launcher,
    i use Ndrive , and bring the hotseat save files,

But,! when we bring the saves files,, with 2 pc,
    we start! and 1 pc starts the game ,,

But,, hard problem,, 1 pc is always wait beginning the game,,,

how can i slove the problem,, i very tried,,, (i try for 3days,, )

Thanks very much,, (my email is horry7@naver.com) send the email when you answer,,

Has anyone had the trouble that their recruitment slots disappear after a few turns playing with a friend? We're playing as HRE and Denmark, also happens as Denmark and Venice. Basically, when I build a few spear miltia with my first three cities as the danes, after about 5-7 turns my recruitment slots dissapear, both for me and my friend. Even if my friend as HRE hasn't built any peasants, he still can't buy them. We continued to play like this until turn 14 to see if it solvet itself but nothing....

Does anyone know the problem? Or have a solution?

I just made a small update to the script, removing an extra line that was unnecessary (did not break anything) and changed naming of Kievan_rus to Kiev in Faction Name (also not game breaking).

horry7,
    Sorry no one answered your question. Did you ever figure your issue out? The NDrive save file must be updated. To check, see if both players can access the same save file and that the save folder is listed as the 'transfer folder' in Hotseat.

DaReaperZ,
    What options are you using in addition to Stainless Steel? I see this sometimes when RR or other mods are activated...

Sorry but I couldn't find an FAQ section so I'll just leave my post here.
    Every time I attempt to join a game I get the error message: CA_LIBS 'Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit.' any ideas on how to fix the issue.
    Thanks!

Ignore that I found my issue. Sorry for the bothering anyone who attempted to find a solution for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaReaperZ View Post
    Has anyone had the trouble that their recruitment slots disappear after a few turns playing with a friend? We're playing as HRE and Denmark, also happens as Denmark and Venice. Basically, when I build a few spear miltia with my first three cities as the danes, after about 5-7 turns my recruitment slots dissapear, both for me and my friend. Even if my friend as HRE hasn't built any peasants, he still can't buy them. We continued to play like this until turn 14 to see if it solvet itself but nothing....

Does anyone know the problem? Or have a solution?
    I have the same issue. Did you find a solution for this problem? I wish to play with my friend, but playing without recruitment is pointless...