Thread: Marian in 0.7?

Default Marian in 0.7?

Finished a Carthaginian campaign without having Rome reformed, thought that's weird but I carried on anyway. A few weeks ago I started a Roman one, reached the Imperial Palace in Rome itself and nothing happened either....

Cause of this?
    thanks...

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Marian in 0.7?

Need 2...as far as I recall. Have to try to find data again.

it's just won't work on Roma; if u reach the imperial palace in capua or some other city it will trigger the reform.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Bugger,found it. The hidden resource 'Rome' overrides the province from being able to trigger the Marian reform from memory. So it is not two cities,just any except the one without 'rome' as a ROME resource listed,as in descr_regions.txt. Rome becomes a city fast so you tend to upgrade there first. Use console cheats to create a huge city in say Capua and looksie.

Civis

I can't trigger the reforms at all.

I have multiple imperial palaces.

The imperial palaces MUST be in specific locations. Those locations are basically the capitols of every nearby enemy. Think Pella. If you explore the descr_regions.txt file and search for "italy" you will find the names of all the regions that can trigger it. Rome doesn't work because of the rome resource.