Thread: how 2 reduce the recruit unit time

Default how 2 reduce the recruit unit time

i want 2 reduce the recruit unit time , were cant i do that?

Default Re: how 2 reduce the recruit unit time

Quote Originally Posted by fackers View Post
    i want 2 reduce the recruit unit time , were cant i do that?
    To be honest, questions stand out a bit more outside the Q&A thread, I'll be glad to help you.

To reduce the recruitment time for a unit, go to your export_descr_unit file in the data folder of TATW and find the unit you wish to edit. Lets say its Fountain Guard (Gondor), you find Fountain Guard, then below there should be a bunch of info, these are the properties of this unit. Find the line that says
    'stat_cost 1,470,185,115,90,470,4,110' <-----these are example numbers! (look for stat-cost)

See that #1 there? That stands for the amount of turns it takes to build this unit.

Simply change whatever that first digit is to whatever turns you want this unit to be made in.

Don't forget to save before exiting export_descr_unit

P.S.....470 stands for Cost, 185 is Upkeep (per turn cost), 115 is the weapon upgrade and 90 is for armour (don't worry about these), 470 is cost for custom battles. Just a little extra info for ya!
    Last edited by iHasButtHair; August 17, 2010 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iHasButtHair View Post
    To be honest, questions stand out a bit more outside the Q&A thread, I'll be glad to help you.

To reduce the recruitment time for a unit, go to your export_descr_unit file in the data folder of TATW and find the unit you wish to edit. Lets say its Fountain Guard (Gondor), you find Fountain Guard, then below there should be a bunch of info, these are the properties of this unit. Find the line that says
    'stat_cost 1,470,185,115,90,470,4,110' <-----these are example numbers! (look for stat-cost)

See that #1 there? That stands for the amount of turns it takes to build this unit.

Simply change whatever that first digit is to whatever turns you want this unit to be made in.

Don't forget to save before exiting export_descr_unit

P.S.....470 stands for Cost, 185 is Upkeep (per turn cost), 115 is the weapon upgrade and 90 is for armour (don't worry about these), 470 is cost for custom battles. Just a little extra info for ya!
    that dont work i trie before, but i just remember what 2 do now is in export_descr_buildings, thanks any way.

pleash closed the tread

ah yes, in the recruit pool.

uhm...sir for example you have change the stat_cost for example in HE the eldar archers that makes it 3 turns....if u have change it?? do the AI would have desame effect as well?? would they also recruit desame way as you did??

I also realize that the recruit_priority_offset is the number of turns that you can recruit the unit again right??
    Last edited by praeto; May 09, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Yes, it would apply to the A.I too. And as far as I can tell that's the only way to mod recruitment time.

Recruit Priority Offset is for the AI. Denotes how important this unit is to recruit for the AI in general(Though it will vary it based on the situation; it's fighting heavy cav, it'll try to get spears, and so on). Higher is more likely to recruit, lower is less. You can use negative numbers if you feel you must.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by fackers View Post
    that dont work i trie before, but i just remember what 2 do now is in export_descr_buildings, thanks any way.

pleash closed the tread
    This is the time to get the readied men to gear up, while the recruit pool is the time for the suitable men to come together.
    Recruit time is in EDU, and recruit pool is in EDB.
    Aure entuluva!

ahh I see....hehe I was just curious....btw is it posible if you change for example in stat_cost from 2 = 2turns into 1= 1turn??
    for example the Eldar archer takes 3turns....if you change 3 into 1?? does it work?? but I think its not good if you are OotMM & OoG right??

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by praeto View Post
    ahh I see....hehe I was just curious....btw is it posible if you change for example in stat_cost from 2 = 2turns into 1= 1turn??
    for example the Eldar archer takes 3turns....if you change 3 into 1?? does it work?? but I think its not good if you are OotMM & OoG right??
    Spot on. All changes made in this document affect both the player and the AI.
    Last edited by Baywatch; May 09, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Official Ask Questions Here Thread!

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    Official Ask Questions Here Thread!
    I think this a modding question. Not a game-play problem.
    And don't use these big red words.
    Not everyone is blind as that.
    If it deserve to the FAQs, the mods will do it.
    And othere will flame him too.
    Can't you saw someone just got flamed just because of this?
    Stop trolling please.

Stupid fat hobbit!
    Aure entuluva!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

lol

yeah dude....once you change the stat cost from 3 into 1....the time of build is simply 1turn....but consider also if you change it.....the AI also is affected....Well if you are trying to play as OoG against the HE....you will notice a little difficulty....coz the AI can build faster if you don't attack them soon...

Rero's Avatar Senator

using proper english instead of 1337-speak also helps
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

i changed all unit´s recruit time to zero, but also changed the time it takes for units to become available. makes it far more realistic if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

I know the unit recruitment pool is in the export_descr_building but every time i change a number the game crashes any ideas where i am going from and can someone please give me a guide in how to change it. Because it is really killing the gameplay for me. Im playing third age total war with the divide and conquer mod

Hello, you should ask these questions in the Divide and Conquer thread.

Welcome to Total War Centre though. For future posts, try to keep the date of the thread in mind before posting. This thread is 4 years old.

Your game is crashing because you didn't read the information on the DaC thread whereupon is written that you must make all changes with notepad++.

This thread is super old and has served its purpose splendidly and as a result, it shall be CLOSED.
    Feel free to speak with me if you have any concerns regarding this.

Berio i refn-en-alph len.