Thread: 4.0 vs 4.6

Default 4.0 vs 4.6

just a few questions about the two, in your guys opinion which do you think is better.

i dislike the land bridges in 4.6 so was thinking about going back to 4.0 but i have forgot the changes that came with the 4.0 pack and those that came with the 4.6...

the land bridges are with the 4.6 i pretty sure about
    the rebel spain im guessing came with the 4.0 pack

other than those two i dont know what came with what!?!

ZOR Came with 4.0 right? I'm not sure anymore

-Revan

ZOR? whats that?

you mean where you can recuit legions in certain areas?
    Last edited by Toad_Licker; November 25, 2005 at 12:57 AM. Reason: updating

Just look at the Readme for the 4.6 patch and you will see ALL that was added. I dont think you will like going back. lol The land bridge isnt that bad there are only two really. lol It makes sense for the AI otherwise they would not expand normally. How stupid does it look to have carthage Owning Sicilia only to stay there with 5 stacks never invading Rome!

I may also make an Addon for 5.0 that has a Unified Rome for some players. BUt it would be much harder doing SPQR with only your faction and the senate.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Toad_Licker
    ZOR? whats that?

you mean where you can recuit legions in certain areas?
    Zone of Recruitment?

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

ZOR=Zone of Recruitment, yes.

-Revan

Why would it be harder?

Larger Senate garrisons + more armies would be harder.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Harder because, as i interpret it, Chosen Swordsmen now have 200 men instead of 180 or whatever.

-Revan

But we are talking about unified Rome.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

It would be much longer for the player per turn..imagine fighting the gallic onslaught for 3 battles, then the carthaginians for 2 battles, and the macedonians/greeks for another 2. ALL PER TURN. That could be an easy 2 hours per year. I dislike unified Rome mods.

My turns are long enough already. If there was no other Roman AI, then it should probably be made for the 1.3 patch as the major bugs effect the expanasion of the other Roman Ai and the load/save bug is fixed.

it really depends if the united rome means one faction which u have to take control of italy first like other mods, if so u choose ur battles so no reason to go to war with all three of those named above.

Yeah, but you're making the game easier for youself if you don't fight a three-fronter. I think Lt should make Marius Reforms come much earlier in the unified Rome, just to make people have more incentive to do a three-fronter. I'd be incrediably happy if I could manage 3 fronts with named Legions, but I already have a hard enough time of not getting bored with my campaign as it is, waiting for Marius.

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift52
    But we are talking about unified Rome.
    I'm sorry, I thought you were refering to the changes in unit sizes.

-Revan

It's alright,

It would be making it easy for ourselves if we didn't fight 3 borders simultaneously.
    I don't know about Marius coming earlier? It seems a bit cheap.

i agree with raven about the whole lossing interest while waiting for the reforms, i usually start a campaign as a roman faction but never get near the reforms before i get bored and give up

I suppose you just to have a bit of patience - but I should call Revan "Raven" more often!

I go by Raven alot too, so I don't care (Internet names and such, )

-Raven/Revan

Always makeshift52 for me!