Thread: Installed Patch 1.3 Now RTW.exe Asks For CD

Default Installed Patch 1.3 Now RTW.exe Asks For CD

Guys....and Gals of course. Got a problem......downloaded and installed 1.3 of Rome TOTAL WAR and now the new exe keeps asking to please load the correct CD. Any ideas.....had to revert back to retail box edition by going through the whol uninstall and install routine and the game and Cd's are all fine. Shame as I just got 2mb link and the first thing on my mind was ....right time for battle.......

Much appreciated in advance and who knows may see you on the battle field.

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Did you get a no-CD patch? They are not compatible with 1.3.... or 1.2 for that matter i think
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

Default No CD Patch

Wolf,

Cheers for the reply to this thread. I will look into this No CD Patch, but I did not install such a patch. I have the retail box version. So what now.......is there more than one version of 1.3 ? Sounds like I'm gonna have to get a CD crack so that I can run version 1.3...., but the developers must know that this is not the way to do patch releases....don't they.

If you got any tips then please post....else much thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adorseuk
    Wolf,

Cheers for the reply to this thread. I will look into this No CD Patch, but I did not install such a patch. I have the retail box version. So what now.......is there more than one version of 1.3 ? Sounds like I'm gonna have to get a CD crack so that I can run version 1.3...., but the developers must know that this is not the way to do patch releases....don't they.

If you got any tips then please post....else much thanks.
    No, he is implying that you have a no-cd crack installed, the patch will not update your game to 1.3.

Also, there are retail box version games running around (especially in europe and asia) which are retail version- look alike- pirate copies. There was an issue about this a while ago.

So make sure you have the retail version. It's easy to notice, since the readme file refers to put a "crack" into the game files after installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    No, he is implying that you have a no-cd crack installed, the patch will not update your game to 1.3.

Also, there are retail box version games running around (especially in europe and asia) which are retail version- look alike- pirate copies. There was an issue about this a while ago.

So make sure you have the retail version. It's easy to notice, since the readme file refers to put a "crack" into the game files after installation.
    I remember when I bought Close Combat IV years ago, it included a CD which held a NO-CD patch, that was kind of wierd
    Ecce homo qui est faba