Thread: Bug every time i load a specific game

Default Bug every time i load a specific game

Hi!

So everytime i try and load my latest Stannis campaign, my game shuts down and this message comes up saying "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". This only happens when i try load this specific campaign, any other time i try and load a campaign it works fine. So if any of you tech guys could help out it would be great, since i spent alot of hours on this campaign (just finished conquering the Stormlands ).

Default Re: Bug every time i load a specific game

Maybe the savegame got corrupted somehow.. Maybe your computer crashed while playing?

Anyway, post your error log. There should be a folder named logs in your main westeros directory. In it should be a txt file. Post it`s contents.

I assume you mean C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\logs ? Ive checked that and there isnt anything there, and no my computer never crashed while playing. But it did freeze at one point, but i fixed that by randomly pressing different keys on my keyboard .

Well, then i can`t help you. As far as i know such save crashes are not caused by the mod, but by medieval 2 itself, and i know of no method to salvage such a savegame.

Where precisely during your campaign with Stannis does it crash? During the load, immediately after the load, during your turn after loading etc.
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

I go to "load games", then i double-click my stannis game and the load screen comes up, but the game never loads, and immediately shuts down. After that the error message i mentioned earlier comes up.

PS: Thanks for all the quick responses!

Sounds like a corrupted savegame, though they usually crash after pressing end turn. Would recommend starting another campaign to see if you encounter any problems there. And make a few different saves of the game so you don't loose your entire progress. I usually have 3 savegames that differ 5-10 turns.

rules all

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

This may sound stupid, but did you try your autosave?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”