Thread: Conquering the known world

Default Conquering the known world

I am playing the long campaign and have accomplished the victory condition of Imperator (taken Rome and control 50 territories). If I continue playing and eventually take over the entire campaign map (all 102 territories I believe) and wipe out all other factions, does anything happen? Does the game end? Do you keep playing with just yourself and some random rebels popping up?

If nothing happens and I'm expected to just sit around and twiddle my thumbs while my remaining incomplete cities just build away, does the game ever end after a certain amount of time? I know that in history, Rome didn't completely fall to Germania until about AD 400. So if I conquer the entire map, how long will the game let me sit around and do nothing?

Until you hit 1 A.D., I believe.

That seems like a little too early to be stopping the game, are you sure? What year does Barbarian Invasion begin in?

Libertus

i think the end date is 46 AD or something. not 1 AD though. (never been there myself)

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

After you conquer the world there is nothing else to do.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I guess in Barbarian Invasion you could potentially screw up you kingdom on purpose, provided you're Roman, and start a war with the Roman Rebels...

End date is 14 AD.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Flogger's Avatar Senator

I think the end date for becoming Imperator is about 14 A.D, but once you've done that I think you just keep on playing forever. So you could end up in the year 2005!
    But the only enemies you get after you've wiped out everyone else is a few rebels popping up somewhere.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I wonder if it would be possible to mod in a trigger: When you have the entire world, 50 % of the provinces (taken at random) rebel. Each gets a full stack of elite soldiers. If you beat them all, the credits roll. That would be hard to do, it would be like a boss.

I have never gotten to the "end"... I'm currently playing my first campaign where I was outlawed by the senate, and only for assassinating someone. Somehow it gets boring, once you control a third of the map, a loss of two full stacks is no big deal. But to your enemy, that is huge. After a certain point, it is just cleaning up.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Actually the game works something like that already. After I conquered the globe as the Julii there were still some rebels floating around in the Caspian Sea, so I kept going a few more turns to wipe them out.

To my surprise, many of my cities began to revolt and probably half a dozen turned rebel. Since I had changed to peasant garrisons, I had no way to take them back quickly and my 40,000d treasury quickly shifted to -50,000d. Shifting men around made MORE cities go rebel. It took some doing to take everything back again, at which point I finally stopped. Trying to KEEP the entire world is much harder than just trying to conquer it.

I've played about ten campaigns, but none of them later than 200 BC. I always like to play with the small factions like the Parthians and Pontians against the big guys like the Seleucids or Ptolemies. After conquered about thirty provinces the game becomes boring and unchallenging.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Flogger's Avatar Senator

when provinces rebel later on in the game, because my cities are quite large now and they have an arena or better, theyre always 'The Gladiator Uprising' and its really annoying because those units are pretty good!
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

no its 330 ad guys, thats when barnarian invasion stars. The world is alot mor fun when u have more than 30 provices because u are more pron to attack witch would give u a better startegic knowlage of defence and attck.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; December 07, 2005 at 03:59 PM.

ive been having truble with my disc, it will not load any of my saves. do u know what pronlem could be
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

did u patch to version 1.3 recently, if so, none of ur games that u saved on the earlier version will load.
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

no i havent how do u patch version 1.3

@fernan
    how long have u been playing rtw and my computer will not allow me to use multiplayer it say wrong cd key or something. do u know what that means