Thread: Idea for beastmen

Default Idea for beastmen

i had a thought on how to improve beastmen i recently played a campgin as middlehiem i belive and was able to defeat 6 full stacks of beastmen hordes using night attack with only 2 units of cav charging into the rear it is almost insta rout.so my suggestion would be to make beastmen units scare horses to help them hold on a bit longer make them more of a challenge is i dotn know if this would make them too unbalnced though.

Default Re: Idea for beastmen

2 units of cavalry? Are You playing on easy?

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    2 units of cavalry? Are You playing on easy?
    nah its normal/normal i think should i switch to h/h or vh/vh does that grant morlae bonus etc?
    also i not sure if i could do vh/vh as it prob add more stacks etc, and i find the camgin difficulty hard enough in terms of money for supporting armies. Also i dont think i would beat 6 full stacks in vh/vh i just wondering if this would effect the gameplay to make it harder and make beastmen a bit more challenging on normal.

Addintnal note this idea came because i find that becuase beastmen lack a strong hard hiting unit like chariots or cav. They should cause fear amoungst enemy cav to balance it. This would helpy until that mod with mintours and chariots comes along. Also i think it makes sense that horses would be scared of beats with horns charging into them. Although i not sure of this attributes effect on gameplay i thikn it makes cav easier to rout but i saw how much 2 cav units charging the rear would inflict in terms of morale.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

In my RR/RC mod, I plan to add the beastmen as a playable faction

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

nice ideas! Frighten cavalry should be a nice trait for them

I'll move this to suggestions thread if you don't mind

goblinking
    I am not trying to show myself as an example, but while You play on n/n that wont give You the full realism/ challange that the game offers, I recommend playing on VH/h ( H in My oppinion is the best blaance for morale as VH makes them all a bunch of mindless husks that would die without a question ). Try it out as Middenland for example, gave me a wonderful gaming experience, from the first turn You will feel the pressure and of fource the difference. For The Empire!

Senator

yes im not sure if it was ever posted by the official team, but i think it's recommended to play on vh/vh. although defeating beastmen is still fairly easy.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Thats the thing about the beastman faction though, there supposed to be easy to kill. They serve as distractions from your major campaigns. If you can spare a force from your campaigns you can lay waste to them, but if your in the middle of a huge war they can be annoying. There like evil rebels, a pest.

Personally i wish there was more stuff like that, EX: chaos uprisings of "heretic" troops (they would be in the chaos undivided faction, or something).

Even still, beastmen are cool. No better way to test out a tactic than on a beastman horde.