Thread: Is disable Real Recruitment still broken on 6.3?And other 6.3 questions!

Default Is disable Real Recruitment still broken on 6.3?And other 6.3 questions!

Sorry, but a few questions if someone can help.

1. Is there a patch out to fix disable Real Recruitment yet, as I remember reading somewhere that it is broken?

2. I've read that the Mongols are way overpowered in the late campaign, is this the case in the early campaign as well?

3. I don't understand, if I want to change the export desc units data file in order to have larger battles, does it really matter which AI I'm using or whether I'm have RR turned on or turned off? Ignasigh has written

63 SAVAGE + RR + HUGE version is up
    63 SAVAGE + RR + BIGGER version is up
    Answering you..yes it's just a matter of editing the EDU but it seems that could be many depending on the installer...I'm trying that gracul replies me to prepare the patch for all the possibilities.

for his latest bigger/huger battles mod. I play with Gracul, and RR may yet be broken. Does all this really matter? Isn't the export desc units file the same regardless of the AI and other sub mod installer selections?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just spent 10 hours playing with the the Faster Turn Time 2.0 mod only to discover that the reason I was dominating so easily was that it had totally shut down the campaign script. (Great mod, by the way - FTT 3.1 is now out and I will be using that soon I hope!)

So I decided to go back to PB's RR/RC, he has the final version out as of August 13, only to find that since I have installed SS 6.3, for some reason my PB RR/RC crashes every time the battle map starts to load. I reinstalled SS 6.2 and PB's RR/RC from scratch, even deleted SS 6.3, but all to no avail - PB's RR/RC still crashes when the battle map loads. Could this be due to SS 6.3 somehow?

So now I am back to reinstalling SS 6.3, and trying to get that set-up correctly and to my liking. Guess I'm done with PB's RR/RC until I maybe do a total reinstall of Medieval and Kingdoms some day.

Ah, the endless joys of updates and upgrades!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; August 14, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: Is disable Real Recruitment still broken on 6.3?And other 6.3 questions!

So I decided to go back to PB's RR/RC, he has the final version out as of August 13, only to find that since I have installed SS 6.3, for some reason my PB RR/RC crashes every time the battle map starts to load. I reinstalled SS 6.2 and PB's RR/RC from scratch, even deleted SS 6.3, but all to no avail - PB's RR/RC still crashes when the battle map loads. Could this be due to SS 6.3 somehow?
    The problem with the loading screen is actually the problem i have in ss6.2...i have no idea how come...i haven't tried it on ss6.3 though.

Default Re: Is disable Real Recruitment still broken on 6.3?And other 6.3 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    The problem with the loading screen is actually the problem i have in ss6.2...i have no idea how come...i haven't tried it on ss6.3 though.
    Yes, I'm talking about PB's RR/RC, which is SS 6.2! It was working fine before, but now, even after a total SS 6.2 and RR/RC reinstall, it's still crashing on loading of the battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about PB's RR/RC, which is SS 6.2!
    PB's RR/RC is NOT 6.2. PB's RR/RC INCLUDES 6.2.
    6.2 is a nice 90mb patch for 6.1 and PB's RR/RC is a 800mb or more compilation of mods for 6.1.

delete the map.rwn first?

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    PB's RR/RC is NOT 6.2. PB's RR/RC INCLUDES 6.2.
    6.2 is a nice 90mb patch for 6.1 and PB's RR/RC is a 800mb or more compilation of mods for 6.1.
    Yes, what I meant to say is that it uses 6.2 as it's base. But if this is not quite the precise description either, then I'll stand corrected with includes 6.2, but is of course so much more as well!

napoleonic asks if I deleted the map. rwn first?

I'm not sure what this means, but if it would help solve the recent crash when starting the battle map with PB's RR/RC, then I would like to hear more!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; August 14, 2010 at 08:15 PM.

ow wait, I thought you said campaign map forget the map.rwn then

so you crashed on battle map? any kind? I mean custom battles and campaign?

The game crashes while loading either campaign battles or custom battles. But this is just for PB's RR/RC with the latest patch, the new SS 6.3 is fine.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    The game crashes while loading either campaign battles or custom battles. But this is just for PB's RR/RC with the latest patch, the new SS 6.3 is fine.
    Then this should be posted in the RR/RC forum. Moved

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Install Order:
    SS6.1
    SS6.1 patch
    Oct30 RR/RC parts 1 and 2
    run FILE_TASKS.bat
    August13 RR/RC
    run FILE_TASKS2.bat

I think you meant SS 6.0, then 6.1 patch.

balix's Avatar Foederatus

What about "disable Real Recruitment" and bigger battles ?

Quote Originally Posted by balix View Post
    What about "disable Real Recruitment" and bigger battles ?
    Please ask questions about 6.3 in the main forum - questions about submods (if thats what you are refering to with "bigger battles") should be asked in the submods topic. Closed.