Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR LAND, LADY AND THE GRAIL!

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: FOR LAND, LADY AND THE GRAIL!

im getting the pack up later tonight im still compiling pictures and renaming them its tedious and long.. they will be there....

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    im getting the pack up later tonight im still compiling pictures and renaming them its tedious and long.. they will be there....
    I will check them tomorrow if you send me them tonight. I have idea what about skaven faction we only need skavens(really bad faction) from deamon prince mod ( I propably have some units ).
    Ps TWmadman have hydra model??
    Lady of the Damsel Attachment 105070
    Last edited by T&D; August 25, 2010 at 02:23 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    You have deleted post with "Delete me''.
    PS It was a joke on the Deamon Prince mod forum.
    Arabian warband Attachment 105042 Breton giants( I could change)Attachment 105043
    [Very little animation bug with head- checked with olog hai animations in TATW.]
    Again, that wasn't me. It was Bereond. I didn't even know you posted.

As for the models, they are excellent, especially the Breton giants

Am I missing something here? What are these Bretonnian Giants? Theoreticaly Bretonnians disdain the use of mercenaries. And by mercanaries I mean hired swords. I suppose they are fine with wandering bands of recruitable peasants though.

i don't like the idea to give mercenaries to Bretonnia.
    Knights and peasants.... THAT'S ALL

it is my vote as a team member. but if you guys want mercenaries, do it so.

ok they have access to dog of wars, but if you want mercenaries at all cost here is my point of view : only close geographical mercenaries and ONE TIME RECRUITMENT mercenaries or very long refresh to recruit mercenaries again. this way the player cannot "mercenary abuse"
    Last edited by TWmadman; August 25, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    i don't like the idea to give mercenaries to Bretonnia.
    Knights and peasants.... THAT'S ALL

it is my vote as a team member. but if you guys want mercenaries, do it so.

ok they have access to dog of wars, but if you want mercenaries at all cost here is my point of view : only close geographical mercenaries and ONE TIME RECRUITMENT mercenaries or very long refresh to recruit mercenaries again. this way the player cannot "mercenary abuse"
    I am with you. Bretonnia has units enough to make a nice roster without mercenaries. I really like the "Turambar and death" work, it is awesome mate, but why should you add tauren, balrogs, or mighty giants to the bretonnian roster? It is just my opinion. I want to emphasize that I respect all your choices since I am just enjoying your work.
    It is my vote as fan
    Last edited by Kolwen; August 25, 2010 at 06:54 PM.

I also don't like the idea of many of these units. Bretonnian Giants, as example, would imho be a target for Questing Knights, not an Allie.
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I think it'll be a rebel unit, not a merc.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by derdavid View Post
    I also don't like the idea of many of these units. Bretonnian Giants, as example, would imho be a target for Questing Knights, not an Allie.
    yeah i agree, they look to orc like for the Bretonians to use them as mercs

This is just a suggestion, bu ti think there should be at least one dismounted Knights unit, for the simple fact that the Bretonians have no good heavy infantry. Because lets face it, and angry mob of peasents backed up by elite Cavalry might work well on a battlefield, it would be useless in the event of a siege, for the simple fact the knights would would be left sitting on their horses in all their glorious splender, thile their infantry gets massacred!
    i think this will especially be the case if there are to be a number of orc held rebel settlements in the centre of bretonian lands, (in that central plataue area) etc
    Last edited by IrishBlood; August 25, 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Only one knight is said to where all Black, and he is rumoured to be the lost son of the King, although none know the truth (save the King, of course) of Mallobaudes past.

Instead of a variant of the Fleur de Lys that follows those of Landuin's Household, he bears a sable serpent on an Or field. (Black Snake, Yellow Background).

Edit -bit behind the times. oops.

As to the list - not keen on the Giants - there is history between them and the Bretons due to their involvement with the Greenskins during the time of the Uniter. Not keen on Arabyans, as the Bretons were foremost in the assaults upon the Sultan Jaffar during the Crusades, and the Arabyans haven't yet forgiven them.

And Guardians of the Loren woods? I somehow doubt that Loren needs any more Guardians.
    Last edited by Vaz; August 25, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Those 2 headed trolls are cool!

Would you add Peasant Revolting? After a bad harvest? Also rebel armys spawn with Peasants like in MTW2, with pitchforks and these things.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Hmmm.. I see mercs don't get much support, which I understand since Bretonnians pretty much don't want to use them. But the fact that f.e. sieges, and AI needs some infantry-unit/units better than lousy peasant, is a tricky one..

I'm not big fan of "horse spamming" factions, since in the hands of human player this kind of roster is devastating and usually overpowered. But on the fluff side it sounds best option to just have lousy peasants and knights, and it would make playing the faction different from others. Players would have to for example adapt new tactics for sieges. So my vote is no mercenaries, but just slightly, unless they are really rare, or onetime special units (like engineers or warriorpriests). Maybe some "elite-peasants" units for castles, but rather weak still.

And TaD, great looking models again
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 26, 2010 at 02:10 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I think the mercenary units would be because it will be more units, and I don't want see only knights and peasants on battlefield.
    Kahvipannu ( strange name even for TWC) could you tell about this elite peasants??

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Kahvipannu is finnish word, it's "Coffee-pot" in english, just a random word (Well, I'm addicted to coffee, maybe that has something to do with it )

Well, like someone suggested earlier, maybe "elite men-at-arms" or "veterans". F.ex. slightly better equipment and morale.. I just throwed that for the sake of gameplay, I'm not very Bretonnia fluff wise, recently just started reading about it, but the fluff is VERY good, I see why people like this faction so much

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Kahvipannu is finnish word, it's "Coffee-pot" in english, just a random word (Well, I'm addicted to coffee, maybe that has something to do with it )

Well, like someone suggested earlier, maybe "elite men-at-arms" or "veterans". F.ex. slightly better equipment and morale.. I just throwed that for the sake of gameplay, I'm not very Bretonnia fluff wise, recently just started reading about it, but the fluff is VERY good, I see why people like this faction so much
    You are reading!!I don't even know earlier about this realm!!
    Ps We could also add a skaven faction.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Good news I fix animation bug with wings for pegazus model i will send new mount model to Bayonet!!
    Attachment 105172
    Last edited by T&D; August 26, 2010 at 03:34 AM.

Well, according to this some nobles were trained as wizards, so maybe have units of Bright Wizards spawn now and then.
    As a fan vote, I say no mercenaries, at most maybe some Tilean ones, but no more. And if the lore dictates that there be knights and peasants only, let it be so. It makes for
    a unique experience.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Oh my God, how will Bretonnia will handle siege battle without freaking awesome "elite dismounted Grail Knight with 7 exp chevrons????????".

as i said before, each faction has it own fighting style. some armies count on strong and slow powerful infantry (dwarves) and got NO CAVALRY, can't you believe it? damn, how to they do in open battlefield without horses? give them pegasus knights OMG!

some armies use missiles a lot, remember Rome Total War and Parthia : OMG horses, horses, always horses, oh my god missile horses..... wow, one weak light spearmen regiment! here we go to the walls!!!

I say, you wanna take a city with Bretonnia? Take 5-6 powerful knights only to force far more numerous sieged army to go out and then crush them, or take a full army and siege them till they go out.
    this is how to manage.

if you really want some kinda "men at arms veteran" (as i purposed) they should be (still) peseants aswell, and slightly (no more) better than casual men at arms, very rare and its real advantage should better moral.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I have good news i have avatar model for TWmadman mod, bad news I cannot conwert file to MS3D or mesh Model of avatar have model format. If somebody had links to plugin to milkshape it would be great.
    Last edited by T&D; August 26, 2010 at 06:02 AM.