Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Before posting: How to fix broken savegames and stability issues (incl. fatal graphics errors)

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Before posting: How to fix broken savegames and stability issues (incl. fatal graphics errors)

Quote Originally Posted by roric normannum View Post
    (...) point 0 is mandatory but i am using steam so i click on the steam start up button and therefor i havent been able to change the setting to run as administrator, cant find an option in steam sadly, someone knows where i can find this?(...)
    Try right-clicking Steam shortcut, selecting advanced in shortcuts tab, then selecting "run as administrator" - normally any applications launched via another app in elevated admin mode are also run in this particular mode.

Also you may just want to find kingdoms.exe in your main MTW dir (either by searching it in explorer or opening the location if it's known to you), then go to compatibility tab and mark "Run this program as administrator" in privilege level section.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: Before posting: How to fix broken savegames and stability issues (incl. fatal graphics errors)

thnx for the quick response guys/girls, after a night of sleep i figured that out myself (about the administrator part) will try it now, see what happens.

Hi

I had a problem starting the game(fatal graphics error), after many attempts, the solution was to replace the monitor, I have an AOC 716SW, with another monitor the game worked.
    It is a tip for others with the same problem.
    Sorry my English, I am Brazilian.

The Kill Advisor is compatible with 6.4?

6.4 already includes kill advisor fix (the reason it ever pops up in custom battles is the fact battle scripting is run via advice).

Regards

I don't know if this is a graphic issue or not, but my game starts to lag when ever I pass over the large areas of land like France,Germany,and all of Eastern Europe.Is it a graphic issue on my part?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Empire View Post
    I don't know if this is a graphic issue or not, but my game starts to lag when ever I pass over the large areas of land like France,Germany,and all of Eastern Europe.Is it a graphic issue on my part?
    try turning off campaign map shadows and see if that fixes the lagging.

SS 6.3-6.4 issue - exclude 2nd "prepare_for_battle" instance from campaign_script.txt (one preceded by all "set_counter xxx 0" lines).

sorry, but how do I do this exactly? I'm new to this whole thing and having the same ctd during battle screen at turn 51..I wanna try the above mentioned solution.

For turn 51 fix you'd need the "CTD fix" that comes along my AI, you'll find all files and info after clicking my signature.

Regards

sim0b's Avatar Libertus

END TURN Crash on turn 191 GRRR..! Playing as England and it crashes on turn 191 when its Hungarys turn everytime. The sound stops and it wont load. Im playing as ADMIN and it just happened. Does anyone have any ideas as to whats causing it? Thanks ...

I just want to say that I have been getting fatal graphic errors every battle, and I figured out why.

I'm running 6.4 on Windows 7, and I was running the game in compatibility mode for WinXP Pack 3. After turning off compatibility mode, my fatal graphic errors went away. No idea why, you'd think it would help. If someone else could try this that'd be great.

Default How to fix broken savegames?

Hi. I have a problem with stainless steel!! I'm playing with the byzantines and the turn is the 227!! When I change the turn the game crashes when the portuguese flag appears!! " an unspecified error as occured and the game will now close"!!! can you help me please? I've invested a lot of time in this game!!! reply please

Did you have your problem solve?

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    SS 6.3-6.4 issue - exclude 2nd "prepare_for_battle" instance from campaign_script.txt (one preceded by all "set_counter xxx 0" lines).
    For those of us who are new to the whole coding thing, how do I accomplish this?

Did you have your problem solve?

Hello everybody. i Was wondering if someone there can help me:
    Im playing SS 6.4 Byg V reality as byzantine empire

the game was doing pretty well so far, until i´ve reached the turn 300 ( the exactly turn which the musketman era event happens)
    and after that i´ve saved the game but the game has corrupted.
    i tried to reload in an early savegame, but in turn 300 the save has corrupted again.. so technically i´ve lost 3 savegames in this turn.
    any idea how to fix this?

Thank you all

Need Help!
    I'm on turn 240, I can't get past this "unspecified" error. It is not likely graphics related, as I've been able to get past those. It happens at the end of the turn, when computer is completing its moves.
    Today I reinstalled the 6.3 and applied 6.4 patch, but no changes.
    Here is the log:

16:58:53.460 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:58:53.461 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:58:53.463 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:58:53.464 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:58:53.464 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:58:53.465 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:58:53.465 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:58:53.465 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:00:06.707 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12591, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    17:00:06.707 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12592, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:00:06.707 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12593, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:00:06.708 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12594, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:00:06.708 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12615, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:00:06.708 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 12616, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:00:06.710 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12618, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit16'.
    17:00:06.710 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12618, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit17'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit18'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit19'.
    17:00:06.713 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    17:00:06.713 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 12619, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit38'.
    17:09:16.520 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It says to SS 6.3-6.4 issue - exclude 2nd "prepare_for_battle" instance from campaign_script.txt (one preceded by all "set_counter xxx 0" lines). but when I open my campaign script there is only one prepare_for_battle in the entire thing. Does that mean this doesn't apply to me?

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Playing as the Byzantine empire on the late campaign and i got a ctd fatal graphics error this is annoying but not as annoying as every time now that i try and load a save from anytime in that campaign the game crashes. Im running SS6.4 with the bugfixer submod.
    System Log:
    18:15:52.195 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:15:52.195 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:15:52.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:16:09.037 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:16:17.633 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Hi all,
    I didn't know if it was better to start a new topic for this or comment here, but I've been having the "fatal graphics error" problem that is stopping me from even launching the game on my PC (windows 10, 8GB RAM, AMD A10 processor, AMD Radeon R7 graphics + R5 435 dual graphics). I'm running MTW2 without any mods or DLC. I know I'm not the only one to have experienced this problem, and based on what I have read I have tried a few things already:
    - I have tried lauching the game with my monitor set both in 1920x1080 and 1280x720 (my only two options available)
    - I used the "verify integrity of files" option on steam
    - I uninstalled and reinstaalled whilst my antivirus was turned off (read that it might help)
    - I used the dxsetup to update directX
    - I tried the troubleshoot compatibility mode (Windows Vista, 7 and 8) without any success
    - I selected "run in 640x480" without noticing anything different happening
    - I never saw a CFG preferences file, but I do have an "empty"-named notepad document

I also checked the system.log file, and at the end of it was this:

13:14:48.526 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    13:14:48.527 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    13:14:48.527 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing

I'm not sure how to interpret this though...

Is there anything else I can try? Can I change the empty notepad document into my preference file?

Many thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast