Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third Age, or Fourth Age Total War?

Default Third Age, or Fourth Age Total War?

Which is better? FATW's map may be smaller, but the developers are expanding it with every patch. Personally, I think Fourth Age is better. They have Wonders of Middle Earth. Believable faction stories. Also, in FATW, Rohan isn't a total fail like in TATW.

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Third Age, or Fourth Age Total War?

Also, in FATW, Rohan isn't a total fail like in TATW.
    How was TATW's Rohan a total fail? I thought the mod was great

Quote Originally Posted by The Revanchist View Post
    How come Rohan is a total fail in TA:TW? Are you going to provide some explanation or more fan boy ramblings?

This thread feels like shameless promotion for FATW. Granted I haven't played FATW, but TATW is great, and Rohan is indeed a good faction.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

How is this guy allowed to troll around here?

I played the Rome mod some years ago and this one is better!

Personally, I think Fourth Age is better.
    Why are you asking us then? Sounds like you have made up your mind.

They have Wonders of Middle Earth.
    Like TATW does?

Believable faction stories.
    And I'm sure FATW's faction stories are believable, however TATW's faction stories are based on the world designed by J.R.R Tolkien, who ya' know, created the world and the lore?

Have you even played as Rohan?

Which is better? FATW's map may be smaller, but the developers are expanding it with every patch. Personally, I think Fourth Age is better. They have Wonders of Middle Earth. Believable faction stories. Also, in FATW, Rohan isn't a total fail like in TATW.
    you made a dummy account just to say that?
    thats worst disguised troll i have seen today

i think when he is referring to rohan he means that there cavalry doesnt stand up against the elite cavalry 1 on 1 say to gondors, arnors, khand, etc..

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

There's so many tiny details put into this mod, so many descriptions and stories. Artwork, and hardly noticeable things; that for you to say it's bad makes me want to slap the out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    i think when he is referring to rohan he means that there cavalry doesnt stand up against the elite cavalry 1 on 1 say to gondors, arnors, khand, etc..
    lol

Ya, clearly based on his post he is trying to convey such meaning.... He's a troll and this thread should be locked.

TATW is more DEVELOPED than FATW, the reason FATW is expanding is because it's..erm..unfinished? Once they reach as far as TATW did then they wont "Expand every patch". And besides, FATW's graphics are well, to be honest less superior because its a BI mod. Honestly...FATW can go any way they like because its not based on any lore whatsoever, TATW however, makes more sense. I do agree that Rohan is "fail" in this mod, but thats just an opinion.

And yes, this thread does seem quite..trollish indeed!
    Last edited by iHasButtHair; August 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Wow, ask other peoples opinions on something, and I get called a troll.

You don't seem 100% troll, it's just that you seemed a little one sided on your decision TATW vs FATW and were kinda advertising, I'm probably speaking on behalf of all ppl in the thread, not just myself. :S I recommend whichever game suits your needs of entertainment. I for one, enjoy TATW, I have looked at FATW but it never interested me. Just my opinion.

You new to the forum so, welcome. Just be careful with what you type here, we have quite a few people on this forum who care much for this awesome mod.

yeah but yesterday he was a Chinese bean farmer

You're like a cave troll. Dumb and stupid.

A Chinese bean farmer?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

To be honest, I don't think that it is fair to compare the two. They are different times set on different engines. True, they are both Middle Earth mods, but they are too different to compare.

Also, please stop calling him a troll. He just wanted the opinion of the community, not to tarnish this mod's reputation. He should not be insulted like this. If you don't like the thread, get over yourselves and just walk away. I do not tolerate disrespect in any way.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; August 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    To be honest, I don't think that it is fair to compare the two. They are different times set on different engines. True, they are both Middle Earth mods, but they are too different to compare.
    Exactly, If you have not tried TATW, then try it. Why should we decide which mod is best for you anyway?

Theres no need to Ban this guy, I don't think he's a troll. I believe he's just unaware about posting certain threads that may upset the TATW community.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast