Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel General Modding Topic

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.3 General Modding Topic

I have two questions:

1) It is possible to let the cities to build two guilds?
    2)Does someone has made some roster regarding the HRE?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

1. no, sorry

2. I don't know, search here in submods

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

so... I copied just my BMDB and mesh files... my EDB / EDU and descr_rebel_factions over into 6.4... and I can't launch... the system log doesn't say any error... so what's up doc?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    so... I copied just my BMDB and mesh files... my EDB / EDU and descr_rebel_factions over into 6.4... and I can't launch... the system log doesn't say any error... so what's up doc?
    Did you copy your export_units.txt and rebel_faction_descr.txt file in the data\text folder?

oh wait... you reminded me... I see what's wrong now... I forgot the EDB text and my new buildings
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

oh wait... you reminded me... I see what's wrong now... I forgot the EDB text and my new buildings
    Good.

Thx for your help, I totally forgot about the building part... you could actually run units without text entries but if you have buldings with no entries your screwed.

Thx for your help, I totally forgot about the building part... you could actually run units without text entries but if you have buldings with no entries your screwed.
    Yeah for units one gets a unlocalized placement text thingy but for buildings it gives an instant crash.
    Anyways glad it's working for ya.

Here's a question

A. is the only make one region spawn more (powerful) rebels than others is to make the descr_rebel_Faction entry of that region longer (and with moer better units) .. so i have a english_rebel with only 5 units... but Maghareb rebel with 10 units (let's just say they'er relatively comparable quality wise) does that mean the Maghareb rebels will usually spawn larger stacks?

B. can you designate more than one rebel type in descr_strat for the same settlement? (for example a peasant rebellion type and a feudal rebellion etc..)

C. can you seperately modify each rebel spawn's appearing chances? for example if I want to make say... Tunis more prone to rebellion than Constaninople.
    Last edited by RollingWave; January 13, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

Not sure what you meant better ask it in mod workshop all i know is one region can't have more than one rebel type. And every rebel type has a particular set of units that is the rebel army from it is created randomly when they are spawned randomly by the game engine.

hello all

So you guys have moved the resources allocated to each settlement somewhere

Normally its in the world/maps/ base folder, in the descr_regions... can anyone assist me in how/why youve moved it and how i can mod my settlement resources again?

many many thanks!

TC

It's in SS6.4\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt like it's always been

AFAIK thats always been just the 'visible' map resources for merchants, whereas the descr_regions contained in every version before 6.3, inc vanilla, had the full list of resources that a settlement had. But praps you are correct in that now, it has been minimised and only the strat contains settlement resources, and they are all visible. Thanks. I'd still be curious if anyone knows why this has happened.

Default Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel General Modding Topic

Are you talking about hidden resources that determine where you can recruit certain troops etc? Yes, those are in descr_regions
    Inverness_Province
    Inverness
    scotland
    Scots_Rebels
    20 25 225
    scotland, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 90 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 5 heretic 5 }
    Oslo_Province
    Oslo
    norway
    Norse_Rebels
    255 180 190
    norway
    religions { catholic 80 orthodox 3 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 2 }
    Nykoeping_Province
    Nykoeping
    denmark
    Norse_Rebels
    252 245 42
    denmark, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 75 orthodox 8 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 2 }
    Novgorod_Province
    Novgorod
    russia
    Rus_Rebels
    241 211 25
    russia, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 2 orthodox 74 islam 2 pagan 20 heretic 2 }

No i was refering to how, before 6.3, resources were always in there too.

Inverness_Province
    Inverness
    scotland
    English_Rebels
    20 25 225
    wool, atlantic, explorers_guild, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 90 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 5 heretic 5 }
    Oslo_Province
    Oslo
    norway
    Norse_Rebels
    255 180 190
    timber, amber, atlantic, explorers_guild
    religions { catholic 80 orthodox 3 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 2 }
    Nykoeping_Province
    Nykoeping
    denmark
    Norse_Rebels
    252 245 42
    furs, timber, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 75 orthodox 8 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 2 }
    Novgorod_Province
    Novgorod
    russia
    Rus_Rebels
    241 211 25
    furs, timber, amber, no_pirates
    religions { catholic 2 orthodox 74 islam 2 pagan 20 heretic 2 }

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

tc3 - the entries such as wool etc which duplicate campaign map resources were removed as they weren't relevant any more.

(from what I understand about all they do is increase the traffic on your roads, which slows the campaign map down a bit.)

removing them from hidden_resources also freed up a lot of slots which modders can make use of.

SS6.4 has introduced chapter houses at selected locations as hidden_resources to allow chapter houses in those settlements.
    (as the Order buildings are no longer classified as guilds in the EDB.)
    and silk_road for buildings on the silk road to boost trade income.

various sub-mods add other hidden_resources for various buildings - eg RozMods have added capital to control certain specific buildings and hansa for
    the RozMod Hanseatic League Office. (not to be confused with Hl HQ building which is now controlled by a system of plug-ins.)

it's possible that in future new buildings such as the logging camp might be dependent on a timber hidden_resource if someone mods it that way.

thank you roz, much appreciated bit of info.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Well, I need to know if it's possible to do a script that, let just say, once every 10 turns, script spawn reinforcement. Or a script that spawn reinforcement when a settlement fell?

Default Adding units

I'm currently playing as the Tuetons and I'm a bit dissapointed with their lack of roster particuly the gunpowder side. How would I go about adding in arquebusiers to their roster?
    Null