Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel General Modding Topic

Default Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel General Modding Topic

Meneth is right and for an assurance download the file on your PC right click on it and click properties under that go in details tab and see the copyright tag if it's empty then you can use it otherwise it will be mentioned if it is not.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Thanks Ishan, finally I can navigate, find and know which pictures are copyright or not (the two ones I've found currently are free to use..Sweet).

About this:
    Also, I only hope this's possible but do we are able to make two buildings to be build at the same time or it's hardcoded? It might be possible as the recruitment of units but not sure

Forgot the link about it but where I can find the thread that were talking about fixing the tax_income code?

No that's hardcoded it's based linearly not parallel so can't be done as for the Tax thread search it in the mod workshop that should be your best friend right now.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    It depends upon your G.Card's capability and 3D-engine's capability. Set the settings to extreme then you might notice the changes.
    Ok, do you know what the max setting is for grass? If I have it at 40,000 and I dont notice a change it must be huge.

Qchongfu's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Man of the Hour

Is there any way to change the 'Man of the Hour' event so that when it is triggered by a captain, they are promoted to a General instead of a family member? And then have the General's 'Man of the Hour' event still work as it currently does?

Default Re: Man of the Hour

Don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Qchongfu View Post
    Is there any way to change the 'Man of the Hour' event so that when it is triggered by a captain, they are promoted to a General instead of a family member? And then have the General's 'Man of the Hour' event still work as it currently does?
    Threads Merged, Ask modding related question in this thread.

And no it's hard-coded nothing can be done about it unfortunately.

Qchongfu's Avatar Libertus

thx for the move and the reply

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

a question on SS modding though I'm guessing it applies to general modding as well.

In my process of adding in the Abbasid caliph, other aspect have been fine but whenever I try to add the symbol aspect it just keep crashing.

am I doing something wrong here?

step 1: in descr_sm_faction when assigning the new faction put in..

symbol models_strat/symbol_abbasid.CAS
    step 2: copy a symbol_xxx.cas file in the models_strat folder, rename it to symbol_abbasid.cas

step 3: open cas file with notepad, change it's designation path to #banner_symbol_abbasid.tga

step 4: with the #banner_symbol_abbasid.dds file, change it to a tga file and keep both file in the texture folder.

but what I notice is that the other tga files are all 0kb and empty... so should I just copy the empty one and rename it as abbasid?????
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Yes you are on the right track but don't edit .cas files with notepad. That file name inside is the default texture used in case when the texture in the model_strat.txt file is not assigned for that faction so don't edit it, simply copy a texture with that file name in the textures folder itself.

And yeah 0KB thingy is required i don't know why i don't have to use it on my PC neither do some modders but some have to do, no idea for that really, kingdoms.exe is designed to read .tga files directly.

ahhh thx... so how do I make new onces then? though right now I can just use some of the unused onces in SS.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    ahhh thx... so how do I make new onces then? though right now I can just use some of the unused onces in SS.
    I'm sorry but i don't follow you, which thing are you referring to?

there are a few unused CAS in SS folders so I could just use those, I was asking how do I make new CAS files if I didn't have that kind of option though?

there are a few unused CAS in SS folders so I could just use those, I was asking how do I make new CAS files if I didn't have that kind of option though?
    Well .cas files are 3d models so not sure what you mean unused, for creating new ones you need milkshape or 3dsmax.
    Sorry for not understanding your question.

alright another noob question, what files exactly do I edit to change these aspects??

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The lower left symbol I can live with although its exactly the same as the Fatimids (but really it would make more sense as the Abbasid symbol) but how do I change the strat map banner for the city and captains?

alright another noob question, what files exactly do I edit to change these aspects??

The lower left symbol I can live with although its exactly the same as the Fatimids (but really it would make more sense as the Abbasid symbol) but how do I change the strat map banner for the city and captains?
    Hey,

The banner in the soldier's hand that you will find in this path:-
    mods\SS6.4\data\banners\
    The filenames are like symbols1.tga.dds, symbols2.tga.dds and so on. So you will find in one of them depending upon the index value.

Now for the other big one COA on bottom right that you will find in:-
    shieldpage_00.tga file located in the:-
    mods\SS6.4\data\ui\southern_european\interface
    ^Culture varies so check that.

I would need your help. I want to create a defensive setup for siege. Basically, I would like to create murder holes that throw rocks. I am planning to use the cannon tower entry for doing that. But as far as it goes, it doesn't work

Here's my entries

level
    {
    stat 55, 3, catapult, 200, 30, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_attr ap, bp, area, launching
    shot_sfx CANNON_FIRING
    fire_angle 45

; unit size reload_ms flaming_reload_ms
    fire_rate small 30000 36000
    fire_rate normal 26000 26000
    fire_rate large 24000 26000
    fire_rate huge 22000 26000
    }
    }

I would like a good explanation as well on modifying these entries. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    I would need your help. I want to create a defensive setup for siege. Basically, I would like to create murder holes that throw rocks. I am planning to use the cannon tower entry for doing that. But as far as it goes, it doesn't work

Here's my entries

level
    {
    stat 55, 3, catapult, 200, 30, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_attr ap, bp, area, launching
    shot_sfx CANNON_FIRING
    fire_angle 45

fire_rate small 30000 36000
    fire_rate normal 26000 26000
    fire_rate large 24000 26000
    fire_rate huge 22000 26000
    }
    }

I would like a good explanation as well on modifying these entries. Thank you.
    It's not possible mate.
    Your Entries:-
    Code:
    level
    		{
    stat		55, 3, catapult, 200, 30, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_attr	ap, bp, area, launching
    shot_sfx	CANNON_FIRING	
    fire_angle	45
    ; unit size 	 reload_ms flaming_reload_ms
    fire_rate small  30000	   36000
    fire_rate normal 26000	   26000
    fire_rate large  24000        26000
    fire_rate huge   22000        26000
    		}
    	}
    the one in Red you already know check those in EDU it's the same. The blue part are the reload times in mili seconds based on the Flame\no flame shots and on UI scale that is small, large etc. The entry in black is the name of the sound effect that you will listen when a shot is fired.

The Green part that's your dead end that is the firing angle, No projectile can be fired in a -ve angle that is downwards and for murder holes you need that.

And wait for my PM i have like a dozen of them to replay back yours is in line.

Anyways hope that helps.

Indeed, that would help to better understand. Sad I can make a murder Hole

Wait! I was thinking about this, what about the Boiling Oil? They drop oil in -ve angle no?

oil_level
    {
    stat 1, 0, oil, 50, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 40, 1
    stat_attr no
    shot_sfx TOWER_ARROW_FIRING
    shot_gfx boiling_oil_set
    fire_angle 90
    slot_yaw -135 135
    slot_pitch -95 -70

fire_rate small 32500 31000
    fire_rate normal 32500 31000
    fire_rate large 32500 31000
    fire_rate huge 32500 31000

I I put that angle, maybe it will work or maybe I need to add more entry .
    Last edited by Ishan; April 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Double Post

See those negative values in the entry slot_yaw and pitch that would be responsible for it also i think you need IWTE tool one has to place those points at the bottom not sure how one would do that as i haven't used the tool.
    Boiling oil was a feature introduced in kingdoms.exe it isn't support on medieval2.exe so i would assume one has to hack the .exe file for it which isn't allowed as per TWC rules.

Ask this in the IWTE thread you will get a concise answer there but i would'nt get my hopes high as it looks impossible to me.