<not_spy_level_modifier float="0.5"/>
    <spy_public_modifier float="1.0"/>
    <spy_counter_spy_modifier float="1.0"/>
    <spy_distance_modifier float="1.0"/>
    <spy_secret_agent_target_modifier float="0.5"/>
    <spy_sedentary_turns_modifier float="0.2"/>
    <spy_alliance_modifier float="1.5"/>
    <spy_target_engaged_modifier float="2.0"/>
    <!-- modifies the chance of success if target is in engagement, under siege or battle -->
    <spy_in_settlement_modifier float="2.0"/>
    <spy_watchtower_modifier float="2.5"/>
    <spy_in_own_region_modifier float="1.2"/>
    <spy_chance_min int="10"/>
    <spy_chance_max int="95"/>
    <spy_rescale_chance bool="false"/>
    </agents>
    Ok I didnt have any luck finding out what the numbers in the assassination probabilities stand for. Any help? They dont look like % increments to me
    Last edited by Klarum; October 05, 2011 at 02:42 AM.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default need some help with my personal mod

I've been adding characters to my copy of ss 6.4 and i have a couple of questions.
    1 how do you get a characters byname to show? I've added this guy to the Romans and i have added his name to the byzantine descr_name.txt and the descr_names_lookup.txt, but when i start a campaign his name doesnt show up.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    character Christopher du_Var, named character, male, age 14, x 268, y 134
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 3 , GoodCommander 5 , Intelligent 3 , GoodAdministrator 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Energetic 2 , Military_Career_In_Byzantium 1

2 How do i add unit models from 1 faction to another? I.E. the NE Bodyguard from france to ERE.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Default Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel General Modding Topic

Modding thread merged
    @hochmeister devin
    1) Read this post for it. And don't bother with lookup files they are not used in M2TW, RTW leftovers.

2) How to add an existing unit to another faction

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

thanks.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

If you have any doubts then post there or here, i will try to answer them.

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

I'm having trouble messing with the movement points. So far editing the descr_character has only yielded results with diplomats, generals, spies etc. but not captains or the infantry and cavalry accompanying the general.

Editing this
    starting_action_points 280 ; default value for all characters and pathfinding calculations

or this

type named character

actions moving_normal, moving_quickmarch, garrison, assault, attack, besiege, entrench, ambush, diplomacy, bribe, exchange, building_fort, building_watchtower
    wage_base 200
    starting_action_points 280

Has no effect. Is real recruitment,BGR IV or some sub mod messing with it?

There might be some traits that might be affecting movements points but there are only 2 files that deals with movements points, one is which you already know is descr_character.txt file while other is descr_campaign_db.xml file under the <misc> section iirc.

How can I eliminate the flashy and inefficient animations for certain units?

This is not a question about modding SS, but rather about modding something else to be like SS.

For instance in SS pikes only poke forward, which is good and efficient as it keeps the enemy away and kills quickly and efficiently. Swordsman too I think don't carry out all those animations that make them cut forward into the thick of the enemy to get slaughtered.

How did the modders make these changes happen? In TATW for example, units suffer a lot due to inefficient animations. I want to eliminate them and make the combat play more like SS. How would I do that?

Ask this in the TATW forum or mod workshop, this thread is only for helping members mod SS the way they want whenever i have the time and know the answers. Have a look in the mod workshop and read tutorials in there for animation, you have to just replace animations and add new ones if SS is using one.

Constantine XII's Avatar Miles

How i can verify some changes at export_descr_buildings?I tried to save it only but nothing happened...

It depends on the type of changes you are trying to do. Some me the entries and then i can tell how to confirm it.

I have changed the availablity time of some units EDB.

That's not what i asked, provide the sample entries before and after modification, i want to see the entries you're trying to modify in the EDB file.

Sorry,i missunderstood...

This is an example for what i change in EDB
    From this:

astle castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Christ Knights" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { scotland, france, hre, spain, aragon, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { england, sicily, jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { england, spain, aragon, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "French Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "German Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hre, scotland, norway, denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Huscarls" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { norway, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Halbbruder" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { spain, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "French Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Imperial Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hre, }
    recruit_pool "Portuguese Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Polish Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { poland, }
    recruit_pool "E Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Polish Nobles" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { poland, }
    recruit_pool "Hungarian Nobles" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hungary, }

recruit_pool "Behk Druzhina" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { cumans, }
    recruit_pool "Kwarezmian Cavalry" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, }
    recruit_pool "Noble Cavalry" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "Noble Sons Cavalry" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "Sipahis" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { moors, turks, }

recruit_pool "Sipahi Lancers" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "Boyars" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, }
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre, spain, aragon, portugal, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { england, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.075 1 0 requires factions { milan, venice, scotland, }
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "Christ Knights" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Knights of Jerusalem" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Polish Nobles" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { poland, }
    recruit_pool "Hungarian Nobles" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Huscarls" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, }

wall_level 2
    tower_level 1
    gate_strength 3
    free_upkeep bonus 3 requires not event_counter protector 1
    free_upkeep bonus 4 requires event_counter protector 1
    law_bonus bonus 3 requires not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruitment_slots 3 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    law_bonus bonus 5 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1 and not event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    religion_level bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    income_bonus bonus 200 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1
    income_bonus bonus -200 requires event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 10 requires event_counter wise_administrator 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 10 requires event_counter wise_administrator 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 60 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 60 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_time_bonus_defensive bonus 40 requires event_counter protector 1
    construction_cost_bonus_religious bonus 20 requires event_counter strictly_religious 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    fortress

To this:

astle castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { scotland, france, hre, spain, aragon, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 0 0.2 0.1 0 requires factions { england, sicily, jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { england, spain, aragon, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "French Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "German Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hre, scotland, norway, denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Huscarls" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { norway, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Halbbruder" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { spain, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "French Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "Portuguese Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "E Chivalric Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { hungary, }

recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre, spain, aragon, portugal, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.075 1 0 requires factions { milan, venice, scotland, }

wall_level 2
    tower_level 1
    gate_strength 3
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1 and not event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1
    income_bonus bonus -200 requires event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 10 requires event_counter wise_administrator 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 10 requires event_counter wise_administrator 1 and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_religious bonus 20 requires event_counter strictly_religious 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    fortress
    Last edited by Constantine XII; October 25, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

I was wondering what would be involved if I wanted to make Scoutatoi Swordsman available at the same time as regular Scoutatoi

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Hello, I'm contiuing work on my submod, but now i'm running into some problems again, the campaign scripts seem to be totally broken at this point, my previously working script isn't firing at all, and I suspect that pretty much nothing in there is fireing at this point. there's also that ERROR tag on the bottom left of my mini map again, I fixed it once ages ago but I'm forgetting what caused that. any ideas?

I looked in my system log, there's no error so to speak, though there seem to be a lot of script.err but non of them were really touched by me.

14:19:43.544 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13007, column 19 :
    we should only have trait(ArmyCost) additional affects for triggers(ArmyCost_remove_4)
    14:19:43.544 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13007, column 19 :
    we should only have trait(ArmyCost) additional affects for triggers(ArmyCost_remove_4)
    here's a sample, apparently it seems that all triggers removers have similar script.err warnings. could this have anything to do with the problem?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Snucker's Avatar Foederatus
    The Galaxy, The Milky Way, The Solar System, Earth, Europe, Denmark, Fuen, Odense

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine XII View Post
    Sorry,i missunderstood...

This is an example for what i change in EDB
    From this:

{
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { england, sicily, jerusalem, }

wall_level 2
    tower_level 1
    gate_strength 3
    }
    material stone
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    fortress

To this:

{
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 0 0.2 0.1 0 requires factions { england, sicily, jerusalem, }

wall_level 2
    tower_level 1
    gate_strength 3
    }
    material stone
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    fortress

Try to save your export_descr_buldings in another folder or desktop, then drag the file over and replace the old one

Quote Originally Posted by Domenis Lupus View Post
    I was wondering what would be involved if I wanted to make Scoutatoi Swordsman available at the same time as regular Scoutatoi

Go into your export_descr_buildings, hit ctrl+b and type "drill square" and thn add this line:

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi Swordsmen" 0 0.3 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

then hit CTRL+B again, type "Barracks", go down and add this line;

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi Swordsmen" 0 0.5 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

and you should be all set

It should look like this
    drill_square
    }
    }
    drill_square castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { spain, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.34 4 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { aragon, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { france, hre, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.34 4 0 requires factions { milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.67 5 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Drengjar" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { norway, }
    recruit_pool "Highland Rabble" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { scotland, }
    recruit_pool "Southern Peasants" 1 0.34 4 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Acontistae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { cumans, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { poland, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { russia, }
    recruit_pool "ME Peasants" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, }
    recruit_pool "ME Peasants" 1 0.5 5 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    recruit_pool "ME Peasants" 1 0.34 4 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "Syrian Auxilliaries" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and hidden_resource crusader
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Tartar Lancers" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { cumans, } and hidden_resource cumans
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Tartar Lancers" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { cumans, } and hidden_resource kwarezm or hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Tartar Lancers" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource cumans
    recruit_pool "Daylami Light Infantry" 1 0.67 3 0 requires factions { kwarezm, }
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and hidden_resource turks or hidden_resource cumans
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 1 0.25 3 0 requires factions { timurids, } and hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { timurids, } and hidden_resource turks
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Skirmishers" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Skirmishers" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource poland or hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Skirmishers" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Axemen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Axemen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource poland or hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Lithuanian Axemen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Prussian Axemen" 1 0.25 3 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource prussia
    recruit_pool "Prussian Axemen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource hre
    recruit_pool "Prussian Axemen" 0 0.13 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource prussia
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Highlanders" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland
    recruit_pool "Highlanders" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource england or hidden_resource ireland
    recruit_pool "Highlanders" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource scotland
    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and hidden_resource denmark or hidden_resource norway
    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and hidden_resource ireland
    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { scotland, england, france, sicily, hre, poland, russia, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, slave, } and hidden_resource denmark or hidden_resource norway
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource portugal or hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { aragon, } and hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and hidden_resource portugal or hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource portugal or hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { portugal, } and hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { portugal, } and hidden_resource spain or hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Nubian Spearmen" 1 0.67 2 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Nubian Spearmen" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { egypt, }
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource moors
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource egypt or hidden_resource spain
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource moors
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource egypt
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource turks or hidden_resource moors
    recruit_pool "Desert Raiders" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource egypt
    recruit_pool "Kurdish Javelinmen" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource egypt
    recruit_pool "Kurdish Javelinmen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource turks or hidden_resource moors
    recruit_pool "Kurdish Javelinmen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource egypt
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 1 0.25 3 0 requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource poland
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 0 0.13 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource poland
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus or hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Smolensk Infantry" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus or hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 1 0.25 3 0 requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource poland
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 0 0.13 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource poland
    recruit_pool "Slavic Javelinmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Slavic Javelinmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource cumans
    recruit_pool "Slavic Javelinmen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Azabs" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "Turkish Javelinmen" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource turks
    recruit_pool "Turkish Javelinmen" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource egypt or hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Turkish Javelinmen" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource turks
    recruit_pool "Slav Levies" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Croat Axemen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource hungary
    recruit_pool "Croat Axemen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource poland
    recruit_pool "Croat Axemen" 0 0.17 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource hungary
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Contaratoi" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Urban Spear Militia" 1 0.25 1 1 requires factions { milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Baltic Spearmen" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "Spear Militia" 1 0.25 1 1 requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, aragon, portugal, norway, }
    recruit_pool "Spear Militia" 1 0.25 1 1 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Spear Militia" 1 0.25 1 1 requires factions { poland, russia, hungary, kievan_rus, cumans, }
    recruit_pool "ME Spear Militia" 1 0.25 1 1 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, kwarezm, }
    recruit_pool "Templar Sergeant" 1 0.13 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and hidden_resource crusader
    recruit_pool "Templar Sergeant" 1 0.085 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and not hidden_resource crusader
    recruit_pool "Sergeant Spearmen" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Sergeant Spearmen" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { france, hre, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, } and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily
    recruit_pool "Sergeant Spearmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, } and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource sicily
    recruit_pool "Persian Spearmen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Persian Spearmen" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and not hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Ducal Spearmen" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Ducal Spearmen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and not hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Ducal Axe" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Ducal Axe" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { lithuania, } and not hidden_resource lithuania
    recruit_pool "Prussian Infantry" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, } and hidden_resource prussia
    recruit_pool "Prussian Infantry" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, } and not hidden_resource prussia
    recruit_pool "Order Spearmen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Arab Cavalry" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Arab Cavalry" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { egypt, }
    recruit_pool "Scoutatoi" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Druzhina" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Druzhina" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and not hidden_resource russia
    recruit_pool "Light Men at Arms" 1 0.085 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Norse Swordsmen" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and hidden_resource denmark or hidden_resource norway
    recruit_pool "Norse Swordsmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and not hidden_resource denmark and not hidden_resource norway
    recruit_pool "Light Swordsmen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { hre, spain, hungary, portugal, } and hidden_resource poland or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource spain or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Light Swordsmen" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { hre, spain, hungary, portugal, } and not hidden_resource poland and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource spain and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource hungary and not hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Light Swordsmen" 1 0.085 1 0 requires factions { poland, milan, venice, papal_states, } and hidden_resource poland or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource spain or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource hungary or hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Light Swordsmen" 0 0.065 1 0 requires factions { poland, milan, venice, papal_states, } and not hidden_resource poland and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource spain and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource hungary and not hidden_resource portugal
    recruit_pool "Light Men at Arms" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { england, france, aragon, } and hidden_resource england or hidden_resource france or hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Light Men at Arms" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { england, france, aragon, } and not hidden_resource england and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Templar Squires" 1 0.085 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and hidden_resource crusader
    recruit_pool "Templar Squires" 1 0.0575 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and not hidden_resource crusader
    recruit_pool "Almughavars" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Almughavars" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and not hidden_resource aragon
    recruit_pool "Armored Sergeants" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { hre, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, } and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily or hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Armored Sergeants" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { hre, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, } and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Armored Sergeants" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily or hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Armored Sergeants" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { france, } and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Pavise Spearmen" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource hungary
    recruit_pool "Pavise Spearmen" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and not hidden_resource hungary
    recruit_pool "Norman Serjeants" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily or hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Norman Serjeants" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { england, } and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource england
    recruit_pool "Armored Spearmen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Armored Spearmen" 1 0.085 1 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and not hidden_resource kwarezm
    recruit_pool "Scoutatoi Swordsmen" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Hello, I'm contiuing work on my submod, but now i'm running into some problems again, the campaign scripts seem to be totally broken at this point, my previously working script isn't firing at all, and I suspect that pretty much nothing in there is fireing at this point. there's also that ERROR tag on the bottom left of my mini map again, I fixed it once ages ago but I'm forgetting what caused that. any ideas?

I looked in my system log, there's no error so to speak, though there seem to be a lot of script.err but non of them were really touched by me.

here's a sample, apparently it seems that all triggers removers have similar script.err warnings. could this have anything to do with the problem?
    The ERROR tag indicates a problem with the script (in my case, world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/Campaign_script). I have no clue as to the trigger-problem though.
    Last edited by Ishan; April 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Triple Post

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, A dumb question.

How do I restart devastation again? i know it's the descr_campaign_db file, but I'm not too sure which section I need to change, it seems to be this.

<misc>
    <allow_resource_forts bool="false"/>
    <fort_devastation_distance uint="20"/>
    <army_devastation_distance uint="20"/>
    <fort_devastation_modifier float="2.0"/>
    <army_devastation_modifier float="1.5"/>
    </misc>
    but movign around the # here don't seem to do much... so what am I missing?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Hello. I am trying to modify the time of some events (armor availability, cannons availability, etc). I've changed descr_events in world/imperial campaign/ and campaign/early/ but it doesn't seem to change anything. Could someone please tell me if i maybe need to modify something else for it to actually work in a new campaign? Thanks in advance

Anduril248's Avatar Miles

Does any one know what file i have to mod to add a city to the the Crusading Order List
    Of Blades and Bows, CW PROJECT
    "The most incomprehenisble thing about the universe that it is comprehensible"-Albert Einestine