Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hero Renders

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Default Re: Hero Renders

Actually, I've just checked Sophocles' Ajax, and it was a combination of sheep and cows. I'll put a transliteration of the Greek here:

"...tous zontas au desmoisi sundesas boon poimnas te pasas eis domous komizetai..."

"...having bound together all the living animals from the oxen and the flock [of sheep] he took them home..."
    Soph. Ajax 62-3 (my own translation, admittedly not perfectly idiomatic)

So there you have it. Also see the Cena Trimalchionis in the Satyricon of Titus Petronius Niger, in which the actor portraying Ajax in this scene slays an ox.

Not that this has any particular bearing on the mod.

I've got some other questions about the heroes:

how big will aias be?

will the heroes just be the generals of will you create "special units" for each faction which are called "guard of ***" and give them an officer with the heroes' skin and model and make them super strong?
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

The heros will be the generals, for the first version at least. They will be given atributes to fit their character, or that is the plan.

Both Achilles look great - Diomedes is awesome.....

is that all the hero's that will be in there..
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

Due to model limitations yes. we already have a huge variety of units which takes up a lot of model space (limit 255). We are taking up perhaps 20+ models with captains and heros (who will be the generals). I'm coding them at the moment, but for some reason i can't get the generals bodyguard units to include a general... nvm, i'll sort it out.

Will the General's be on foot or horseback....Achilles fought on foot.
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

All of the generals will be on foot

oh wow thats cool....that will be interesting...thanks Zhuge_Liang

pah, ignore this post.

Will Phoenix 2 of Phthiotis [a myrmidon] be in the game.

Yes, I believe he will.

Question about Achilles - i know there are three versions of him...how do we select which version, also if we select the brad pitt look will he use his famed pelion spear or the movie sword....

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Latronis of Troy
    Question about Achilles - i know there are three versions of him...how do we select which version, also if we select the brad pitt look will he use his famed pelion spear or the movie sword....
    The default achillies will be the movie version. If people want the other version they will have to download it separately and replace the movie version themselves. Both Achillies will use a sword as foot generals use the sword animation.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

you guys are good!

keep up the good work!!

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i have a question, wich i think will fit in this thread...
    in the game it stands exactly the same in the description of the hero units.. there it says that: the princes seek other princes to engage in noble, single combat or something. what do you guys mean with that? and, in the intro, achilles and hector is fighting each other, with no bodyguard fighting.. is this something that you guys just made for the intro, or is it able in the game for "the princes" to engage in single, nobel combat? couse i havent seen that yet... and if it is possible, how do i do this?
    the mod is great!! when are the plans of adding more units for lydia, and the faction of the sea people?

1. The unit description means exactly what it says. Heroes of Greek mythology would seek each other out in battle and engage in single combat.
    2. That is something that we just made for the intro. It's impossible in the RTW engine to have it in-game.
    3. Lydia and the Sea People will be sorted out in good time.

I hope that youll implement the big brute that Achilles killed in the start of the Movie Troy
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Boagrios? While he won't actually be in the starting line up of characters (the movie invented him), it will be possible for you to get characters with that name.

Great mod so far! but i want to read the Iliad but i have not found it aviable somewhere close to me... maybe you got an PDF link?
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

try amazon.com. But it online
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast