Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hero Renders

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, if you read about Idomeneos in the Iliad, he gets into a few scrapes. Or if you read about King Minos in say, Ovid's Metamorphoses, he gets all over the Eastern Med conquering people. When talking about the 'real' Minoans, it is extremely difficult to say one way or the other. They are generally renowned by the ancients though as having had naval supremacy of the Aegean. I think that it's much more likely that they did have warriors, but so little solid evidence survives that it's not easy at all to tell. We based our interpretation off 3 things, basically: 1. Their representation in myth 2. Surviving material remains and symbolism 3. General evidence from the Greek Bronze Age

That is Aias son of Telemon (Ajax) isn't it, not Aias son of Oileus (Ajax the lesser). He lookes great!, as do all the others! BTW will Paris and Aeneas be in the mod as well?

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

That is indeed Telemonian Aias. I'm afraid that the Lesser Aias won't appear, or at least not in the first release. There are too many heroes as it is! Paris and Aineas however certainly will show up, and you can look forward to taking them and kicking some Greek rumps (or running away, if you're Paris).

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword of Cao Cao
    Thank you m8! Thank you! You made her non-blonde! I hate blonde chicks, but you actually made Penninsula or Pennsylvania or whatever her damned name is hot!

God I hope you put her in a thong..
    One of the Amazon Units is blonde, some levy archer i think

Thersandros (Thebes)

Agron (Lydia)

Alternate Achillies/generic phthia (Phthia)

Rhesos (Thrace)

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome as usual! However eh... dont you think our Thracian friend's shield needs a little work? It's a bit... vanilla RTW'esque.

Oh and I loved that Minoan dude so much, I made his render my wallpaper! ^^

Indefinitely Banned

Damn...that's some great work you guys have done. I can't wait for this mod.

I knew you could get really accurate faces on skins! Finally some one did that! Those characters are excellent and very realistic looking
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

Odysseus - version one with no helmet & old shield (Ithaca)

version 2

Menelaos (Sparta)

only one more to go

Quote Originally Posted by bdh
    I knew you could get really accurate faces on skins! Finally some one did that! Those characters are excellent and very realistic looking
    thanks

Thats all of them

Diomedes (Argos)

Zhuge

Hmmm... I don't like all of your renders because they're modelled after the actors in the movies. Please! I would 'accidentally' lose when Brat Pitt is commanding my army...
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Its unlikely they are gonna have perfectly good pictures of 1 man which was about 3000 years ago, they had to use the movie as a reference because there are not many sources on the war and they look good.

i have no idea what i said but i think it has meaning. :sign_what

6 of 15 are modelled after movie actors, and hektor, aias, and odysseus were due to requests that they be modelled after the actors. It seems that most people either like it or don't mind it this way.

As for Brad Pitt, it seemed right to include a vague likeness. It was either going to be for all myrmidonoi or achillies... and since there is only one achillies as opposed to potentially 100's of myrmidons we decided to go with achillies.

Diomedes - almost exactly how I imagined him!

Odysseus - v2 is wonderful! (not wild about v1!)

Menelaus - v good
    Last edited by Claudius the God; June 20, 2006 at 04:24 PM.

which Achilles will be used??? i prefer v2.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast