View Poll Results: Should we have ricocheting bullets?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricocheting Bullets

Default Ricocheting Bullets

Alright, so I decided I would make a whole thread about this. Do you think we should or should not add ricocheting bullets? It would be realistic, and using the code from cannonballs that makes them bounce we could possibly make bullets bounce. I believe we could also add ricocheting sounds when a bullet hits the ground.
    Last edited by Icey Fresh Werewolf; August 13, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Default Re: Ricocheting Bullets

yes!
    Light Silence and Deadly ~Ghost division~

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

No, I think that bullets are already too deadly and the soldiers too accurate, adding ricocheting bullets will not bring anything more to the game, not to a WW1 game. If this were a WW2 or a modern age game, I would say yes, because bullets that ricochet off buildings can be a factor, but this is WW1, most battlefield are muddy and bullets can not ricochet in mud.
    Patronized by Hader.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

maybe if you are willing to do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    No, I think that bullets are already too deadly and the soldiers too accurate, adding ricocheting bullets will not bring anything more to the game, not to a WW1 game. If this were a WW2 or a modern age game, I would say yes, because bullets that ricochet off buildings can be a factor, but this is WW1, most battlefield are muddy and bullets can not ricochet in mud.
    Interesting point. However, how did the battlefields get muddy if you take out the rain part? It didn't always rain during a battle of course.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

no, but artillery firing churns up mud, hundreds of men treading the same area in a short space of time, and horses and artillery moving tearing up ground would make a battlefeild muddy regardlessof rain
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayan-Man View Post
    no, but artillery firing churns up mud, hundreds of men treading the same area in a short space of time, and horses and artillery moving tearing up ground would make a battlefeild muddy regardlessof rain
    I thought you need liquid to make mud?

I am andand! Woo!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

You could at least tell us how to do it ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    You could at least tell us how to do it ... ?
    I wasn't actually exactly sure how to do it, but Dark said it might be possible using the code from the cannonballs. Anyways, I'll edit my post

I am andand! Woo!

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

I was just thinking aloud, might work though.

It shouldn't really be high priority if possible.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Uh no

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

This is trench warfare bullets don't ricochet off mud even then when a city gets besieged and your street fighting or watever the houses are mostly wood so it would be a completely useless feature. Anyways we get enough causalities even if your men are in a trench causalities are high.
    Last edited by GoodSmurfin; August 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Don't understand why people think it rained constantly over France for 4 years.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

cause france and belgium weather sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Don't understand why people think it rained constantly over France for 4 years.
    I think its the combination of gray skies from video and photos back then and the fact that you always see water in trenches because of the water table.

Nope...
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

I live in Paris, it DOES rain ALL the time average 2 days of rain per week on a good week. it rains like 250 days every year, so yes, dry dirt is rare
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmurfin View Post
    This is trench warfare bullets don't ricochet off mud even then when a city gets besieged and your street fighting or watever the houses are mostly wood so it would be a completely useless feature. Anyways we get enough causalities even if your men are in a trench causalities are high.

That's true about the houses, nobody invented stones or cement before 1914.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeX View Post
    nobody invented stones or cement before 1914.
    Ummm....

Stones were here before humans...

The Romans invented cement...

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast