Thread: uber overpowered, out of time rebels

Icon5 uber overpowered, out of time rebels

playing early campaign as HRE on VH CAI, I find the rebels are unrealistic

not only they appear very frequently on my territories, I've found their army composition totally unrealistic....

well, guess what, swiss pikemen, flemish pikemen and other uber pikes on 1130 AD , and they got feudal knights on my castle region that I could only get mailed knights

playing HRE is as always already tough enough without having to deal with these overpowered rebels.....

and btw, on VH, the AI -especially foreign, faraway factions- loves blockading my ports without logical reason , how come Novgorod blockading HRE ports although they're like 1000 miles apart
    Last edited by napoleonic; August 13, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: uber overpowered, out of time rebels

This has been discussed many times before. You can either set up rebels with appropriate early units but then they'll never get late era units and totally suck later in the game. If you give them some late era units, they will turn up earlier than they should but the rebels will hold up better in the late era game (but be harder in the beginning). For the most part rebels do not recruit units like normal factions. The bulk of their armies are spawned from the rebel pools defined in descr_rebel_factions.txt.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

will there be gunpowder rebels?

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe but i thinks they will appear after gunpowder event. And I hope they not spawn Elephant .

I remember in mod Diadochi on RTW i let Sparta rebel and they spawn "master cheif" !!! Fortunelly we don't have such thing in SS

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

I do not believe that rebels abide by events..

Also I don't get what the master chief is, nhin, unless you are referring to halo?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    will there be gunpowder rebels?
    After a quick look at the rebel factions file, I couldn't see any gunpowder units listed.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

There is an event in the renaissance that spawns several full stack renaissance unit armies around Germany. Don't remember the specifics though. Some time since I played HRE/1450 campaign.