Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 - official discussion

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Victoria 2 - official discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    No. You are mistaken I did play it few hours yesterday but I couldnt find anything that would keep me interested. First Victoria did much better and this... This is a shame simply I dont understand Paradox anymore.
    Fine fine, go back to your Chess 101 then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Nah. Forced myself to "play" few more hours, got so bored its hard to describe even. Go to trashbin Victoria 2.
    Der Schlaf der Vernunft gebiert Ungeheuer

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

I'm interested as to how you answered the topic again when everyone ignored you first time around.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Agnost View Post
    I'm interested as to how you answered the topic again when everyone ignored you first time around.

Carry on.
    What are you mumbling, excuse me? I sounded my opinion, anybody can do it, no?

Carry on.
    I told you he is one of those anti-social teenagers that feel he needs to go opposite of popular choice, despite he is, secretly, the most hardcore fan of those popular choices.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I told you he is one of those anti-social teenagers that feel he needs to go opposite of popular choice, despite he is, secretly, the most hardcore fan of those popular choices.
    Arent that a bit to personal and irrevelant to thread which is supposed to be about game and not about me? You guys amaze me, going personal over freaking game, assuming person age and choices, a little hint - Victoria 2 is not your wife and there is no need to take so close to the heart somebody is "wrong" in the interent

Arent that a bit to personal and irrevelant to thread which is supposed to be about game and not about me? You guys amaze me, going personal over freaking game, assuming person age and choices, a little hint - Victoria 2 is not your wife and there is no need to take so close to the heart somebody is "wrong" in the interent
    I am more interested about the motive you bought this game, despite your several past statements stating that you would not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I am more interested about the motive you bought this game, despite your several past statements stating that you would not buy it.
    So lets make it clear that personal refrences in style "he is a teenager who prefres to" are for losers, simply if you want to discuss my gaming choices - feel free but no need to bring in age or other irrevelant things. it simply looks lame, critizise choices and arguments, not invent theories about personal traits. ok?

And to answer your question, who told I bought it? Lest say friends gave it to me to try out
    Why I tried it out? Because era is very attractive for me and I did enjoy older paradox games, until EU3 I guess. So I had some optimistic hopes there will be something interesting for me.

And to answer your question, who told I bought it? Lest say friends gave it to me to try out
    Fine fine, carry on your personal taste, I would not ask your motivation again since we all pretty clear your secret addiction of this game.

What are you mumbling, excuse me? I sounded my opinion, anybody can do it, no?
    Of course! By all means do so.

I was just observing that it looks like you've elected to repeat it because last time people showed they weren't interested.

Just my opinion

So anyone find the requirement for be civilized is quite simple?

Thank god for that.

I remember trying to civilize Najd in the original, it was impossible.

Thank god for that.

I remember trying to civilize Najd in the original, it was impossible.
    Ya, now even uncivilized nations can build regular infantries - make the game much easier.

Indeed. I've civilized China, and within a year, I had the highest industrial score in the world, 5 times higher than the UK's...

Quote Originally Posted by iudas View Post
    Indeed. I've civilized China, and within a year, I had the highest industrial score in the world, 5 times higher than the UK's...
    China's problem is that it creates a lot of rebels during the process and foreign pressure is always heavy, yet with some EU skills that should not be a problem for veteran Paradox gamers.

I find China's ultimate problem is all its parties suck, yet over liberal choice would probably lead to revolution.

Ok, i've been playing Victoria 2 all weekend and this is how I feel about it:

Assimilation is ed up:
    As austria by the 1880s >75% of my population in hungary and other areas became south german. I agree that assimilation should exist in areas such as that but it should be SLOW and also tied to immigration. Like if I have many south germans move there and I have government programs to force teaching of german in school and stuff like that then it should assimilate. It shouldn't just be automatic.

I like the fact that as Austria I can assimilate the minors. I WANT this feature to be in. However there should be decisions and events to get this started, it shouldn't be the status quo. Like the events that boost assimilate that already exist in the game. Also external immigration eventually assimilating and becoming the majority. We shouldn't have a 100% hungarian province randomly assimilated without incentive.

Johor is amazing:
    Annex this country. You get massive immigration to it and its all previous metals. Money tree.

The great powers will not ally or be friendly with eachother:
    After about 20-30 years great powers are isolationist from eachother, this causes the game to get to be boring. No massive alliance battles like what occured in real life are possible when its like this. Victoria 1s diplomacy system was superior which leads me to:

Influence system is stupid, a waste of time, and annoying:
    The AI dominates this system and for a game that supposed to be less micro than the previous one I find myself sitting in this window non stop when playing as Austria because every GP wants me neighbor nations in their sphere. Unlike when I played as spain and mexico where I could deal with it. This needs to be automated or removed, annoying stupid feature. This also decreases relations with other great powers making every great power hate eachother.

Rebels WTF?
    As mexico i was getting so many immigrants they were not assimilating fast enough. In fact I was getting jacobin rebels NON ING STOP, even after they took over my country they still rebelled BECAUSE THEY ENACTED STRICTER MORE FASCIST REFORMS rather than what they are supposed to do which is more liberal reforms. As Austria and Spain I didn't have this problem but I noticed a lot of smaller nations have a HUGE rebel problem with the end result by 1900 half of every nation having anarcho liberal leadership. The AI can't handle the new rebel system.

Education/Research and pop promotion/demotion:
    I can't seem to get enough clerks and clergy. I make all my focuses focus on getting clerks but i STILL only get a few a month if I do not just lose them all together. I never have the 4% clergy 2% clerks due to this, none of the AI does either. This results in everyone being far behind in tech for their time. Also WTF is with aristocrats? They breed like rabbits when its hard to get capitalists to grow at all because aristocrats steal everything. IMO this is backwards, the aristocrats should grow slowly giving way to capitalists in this era. Am I right? As it stands right now it makes no sense and breaks the game due to aristocrats being against reforms and lack of reforms leading to rebels.

Liberate nation, vassals.
    Can't seem to force someone to be a satellite, does this exist? Looks like no. Can't give conquered territory to satellites that they have cores on. Classic paradox propping up a vassal can't be done in this game . Liberating a nation when it has partial cores in a provinces gives it the entire thing..... makes no sense. Should be just its cores. Example is prussian pommerania and poland. They get ENTIRE pommerania, areas where there are no poles what so ever.

The USA:
    As human USA its easy to get all your cores and to colonize washington. However the AI is incapable of this. Ahistorical US is a fact of life in this game.

Victoria 1 so far was better:
    Vicky 1 was buggy like this one was at release, all paradox games are, but it was a more event driven game in all the right ways. It was like modern paradox games, where it allows for randomness and changes in history to flow with the game, but it still had a few things driven by events. The current game is broken so its hard to tell which will be better. When you can't have GP alliances you can't have fun WW1/Crimean type wars. Without events and territory trading you can't gave gadisen and alaskan purchases. There should be a war goal for the AI to give you ALL your cores to help cases like the US.

I have a feeling that most of the major problems (rebels, aristocrats, assimilation, alliances with GPs) will be fixed in the first patch or so. So I am content with this game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Yeah the assimilation and immigration is insane as France my Chinese holdings had over 50 % French after fifteen years. I actually like the influence system but it's quite hard battling other countries for it. Rebels are insane and that should definitely get fixed. Pops are a bit difficult to handle but the guides at Paradox forums helps a lot.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

How the can the game have been tested but miss this out?

I'm really beginning to lost patience with this company as their recent releases have been shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by molonthegreat View Post
    Yeah the assimilation and immigration is insane as France my Chinese holdings had over 50 % French after fifteen years. I actually like the influence system but it's quite hard battling other countries for it. Rebels are insane and that should definitely get fixed. Pops are a bit difficult to handle but the guides at Paradox forums helps a lot.
    That is rather interesting because in demo my US is begging for immigrants to come.

To battle other great powers, you have to constantly sabotage their diplomat attempts.

For rebels, that is largely because most states, when has half-half liberals and conservatives, the conservatives generally overreacted.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I have a feeling that most of the major problems (rebels, aristocrats, assimilation, alliances with GPs) will be fixed in the first patch or so. So I am content with this game.
    Unfortunately, all Paradox programmers are on vacation for a couple of weeks, so there won't be any work on a patch before then.

I learned this when reading a SF complain thread, it was stated by a Pdx member so must be correct.
    My pony jumps ever so high