Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595120135136137138139140141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 2942

Thread: Victoria 2 - official discussion

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Victoria 2 - official discussion

Is it possible to reconquer the huge colonial empire when playing as Spain?

It is 1860, and I've barely taken a few provinces from Mexico, and I am drowned in infamy while Russians and NGF are preparing to invade and call in their allies the Frencha and Britons respectively.

Early game it seems rather irrelevant, but by late game it becomes necessary to hold the rubber provinces.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I don't know about Spain but I remember a game with Ireland where I conquered Uruguay and then proceeded to capture Argentina. After that the rest of South America just fell into my lap (except Brazil). Although I specifically remember quitting that game when Britain decided to destroy me.

I think its possible, but since its just too many countries with too many regions, you will have to do it slowly and periodically from the start of the game until it finishes i think, unless you dont mind about the infamy...

Perhaps a better option would be to take control of a few countries like Uruguay, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador... and just sphere the other countries like Mexico and Argentina?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I managed to take over Venezuela and a province from Colombia in a single war, while annexing Uruguay and making a satellite out of Paraguay by 1850. I was waiting for my near-limit infamy to cool down, and by the next decade when I was ready to go on the Reconquista again, it turned out that more than half of those little states have either allied with USA or fall under their sphere, automatically rendering any thought of reconquest suicidal considering that USA has built a huge navy that patrols around both of their coasts.

Going to retry with a new game today.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I managed to take over Venezuela and a province from Colombia in a single war, while annexing Uruguay and making a satellite out of Paraguay by 1850. I was waiting for my near-limit infamy to cool down, and by the next decade when I was ready to go on the Reconquista again, it turned out that more than half of those little states have either allied with USA or fall under their sphere, automatically rendering any thought of reconquest suicidal considering that USA has built a huge navy that patrols around both of their coasts.

Going to retry with a new game today.
    Try to get Argentina and Chile as your puppets.Anything else is crazy since those countries are in South America and beneficiate from immigration.You could also try to bring Brasil into your sphere.

You are better off getting all those African land under your control but it depends on what you aim at doing.

Have fun and keep us in the loop.

Does anyone know how to add synthetic rubber factories to HoD? I know some mods have it but I have absolutely no idea of where to start for adding it to the base game...

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

I have extremely limited knowledge of modding Victoria II, but I think it would be added in the 'buildings' file of commons folder.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

There's much more to it. There's twom files that pertain to buildings iirc. Then there's the graphics.

Has anyone had trouble with their allies?
    In every game of mine they are backstabbing me royally.

Abandoning me when we are clearly winning, and taking war goals only for himself even when there is a 100% warscore.

Welcome to Paradox lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Welcome to Paradox lol.
    I've played EU III, HoI 2 & 3.

And I agree, that allies usually suck in grand strategy games, but this is something else.

Makes no sense, we have a 100% warscore, he takes a state for himself, and leaves me emptyhanded and with infamy for declaring war.
    That should give a infamy bonus or prestige loss to the war leader.

If you're combined war goals cost more than 100, that pretty much explains it. I shafted my allies in the latest great war on account of stealing India coast 100 war score.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Welcome to Paradox lol.
    This is probably their worst game when it comes to that though. An alliance with a great power is merely a suggestion. CK2 and EU the AI takes alliance more seriously IMO.

In fact this whole game is one massive disappointment. Vic 1 was probably one of my favorite games ever but I havn't touched this game in over a year. So many bugs and broken game mechanics never fixed.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Could anyone here who'd be interested in a community weekly game PM me or leave a message on my profile? Ambitiously, if interest is there I was thinking of renovating the old You Are The Senate model, for those who don't remember that, the idea is that we use in-game events combined with forum roleplay to create a sort of group AAR. Obviously it would be a little different since rather than Role Playing Roman Senators in Rome, each player is playing the Government of a Victoria 2 country. Rather than Senators in a Domus plotting to overthrow a Consul, it would be Prussia and Russia plotting diplomatically against France and the UK.

You wouldn't need to be amazing at the game or a pulitzer winning novelist, all you need is knowledge of game mechanics and interest in participating. I need a minimum number of 9 other TWC-ites legitimately interested to actually go and ask for forum space for this. Once we have that core I can get other players from other sources to fill other countries.

Hello. I purchased this great game on the Steam Sale just now and I'm enjoying it very much. Been playing Total War games for a while, but already tried EU4 and this seems to be the closest to my tastes. Since I see there is a vast modding community and the games themselves are very mod-friendly, I'd like to know if there is a mod that really expands choices to be made. I'm one of those that loves to be overwhelmed with panels asking to take decisions. I'm trying POP Demand mod now, but I'd like some more. Is there anything that would bring the role playing aspect a bit further?

There's hpm, frankly that's about it.

I bought the game today (with House divided and Heart of Darkness DLCs). Started game with Spain. I have question: How can you colonize territories in Africa? It says that I can't because li... (something that I forgot) must be 35 but it isn't anywhere in Africa.
    Anyhow, because I wasn't able to figure out how to colonize I decided to conquest Haiti and succeed in it.
    Eupator Dionysius

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    I bought the game today (with House divided and Heart of Darkness DLCs). Started game with Spain. I have question: How can you colonize territories in Africa? It says that I can't because li... (something that I forgot) must be 35 but it isn't anywhere in Africa.
    Anyhow, because I wasn't able to figure out how to colonize I decided to conquest Haiti and succeed in it.
    You need to increase your technology level, as in the beginning you cant colonize anything that has a life rating above 10-15, as during the time frame it wasn't until advances in medicine were countries really able to expand into Africa.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So I've come to the conclusion that the game is basically lost if I go above my infamy limit, after the absolute debacle surrounding my last French game. Is this correct? Can I reduce my infamy if I make a mistake and go above it?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    So I've come to the conclusion that the game is basically lost if I go above my infamy limit, after the absolute debacle surrounding my last French game. Is this correct? Can I reduce my infamy if I make a mistake and go above it?
    Not really, no. Just make sure when making claims and such that you have room for if you go over the max, so no trying to conquer other nations if you don't have 22 infamy to spare.