Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

As of yet I can't see any way of providing flaming arrows other than to make a separate archer unit. I'm fairly sure the infantry unit abilities don't allow for a change in projectile; unless something like this was done in the warpath campaign.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Is it possible to allow archer animations and a flaming arrow projectile to "grenade throwing" ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Is it possible to allow archer animations and a flaming arrow projectile to "grenade throwing" ?
    That might actually work

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so much TC
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Thank you so much TC
    It's adrian you should be thanking not me

Edit: I've updated the OP with Adrian's preview videos
    Last edited by T.C.; May 01, 2011 at 08:26 AM.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

@ alhoon: its very easy to change the space between the soldiers! its in the units_stats_land table in DBEditor

@T.C.: its also possible to mod flaming arrows: the only thing youve to do is to change the trail in the projectiles_tables to the rockets trail or the carcass trail(best is the rockets trail!) its in the last 2 or 3 columns. but theres only one problem: the trail is way to big for an arrow!!! is there any way to shrink the trail! you are a well skilled modder, so who could give me advice if you do not???
    im dealing with this problem also in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=448404 could you help me please, dude?? that would be vry nice! problem

Moderator Emeritus

Wow... instead of just a mod for cool custom battles, you plan to release the first total convertion mod of all ETW? I would rep you again if I could.

May I ask how will you deal with barbarians? I can see oligarchies and democracies having officials (like the ministers) but barbarians?

Also do you plan to add/change regions once the feature becomes available?

What about trade theatres?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    @ alhoon: its very easy to change the space between the soldiers! its in the units_stats_land table in DBEditor

@T.C.: its also possible to mod flaming arrows: the only thing youve to do is to change the trail in the projectiles_tables to the rockets trail or the carcass trail(best is the rockets trail!) its in the last 2 or 3 columns. but theres only one problem: the trail is way to big for an arrow!!! is there any way to shrink the trail! you are a well skilled modder, so who could give me advice if you do not???
    im dealing with this problem also in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=448404 could you help me please, dude?? that would be vry nice! problem
    I wouldn't have a clue, sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Wow... instead of just a mod for cool custom battles, you plan to release the first total convertion mod of all ETW? I would rep you again if I could.

May I ask how will you deal with barbarians? I can see oligarchies and democracies having officials (like the ministers) but barbarians?

Also do you plan to add/change regions once the feature becomes available?

What about trade theatres?
    Governments are something that will need to be dealt with, but I can easily enough think of ways past them.

As for trade theatres - I've scripted it so you can't access the trade theatres or the American theatre; the transition boxes have also been removed. This also means we have lots of factions left over, which gives us plenty of possibilities.
    Last edited by T.C.; May 01, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

the teutons and other nordic tribes had a convention called thing (you have to spell it german!! NOT the english thing => "Ting")
    the members of this convention could be the ministers!
    small criticism: the barbarians(german tribes especally) were mostly armed with axes and spears!!! and every adult man got a oak shield. it was part of the rite becoming a man. only chiefs had swords because they were extremly expensive!

hi when i use the term barbarians its in a general term ie the barbarian models will be used for more than one faction maybe germanic tribes , the area in etw that is russia ,scandinavia baltics etc. but will make sure the germanic tribes are mostly armed with spears axes etc.

Moderator Emeritus

thanks for the update!

the gauls are very authentic!! my regard to you dude!!
    romans and punics too

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any news or update for this fantastic work(my dream:Rome period with ETW engine!)?
    Any possibility to complete this work and release a Campaign(brta version too!)?
    Thanks!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    Any news or update for this fantastic work(my dream:Rome period with ETW engine!)?
    Any possibility to complete this work and release a Campaign(brta version too!)?
    Thanks!
    There will be a fully working campaign map. There will be a new video soon, adrian is working on it

Vezon's Avatar Miles

Cool! I originally thought that this was a custom battle only mod. Man, you guys are accomplishing a lot, and with only two people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
    Cool! I originally thought that this was a custom battle only mod. Man, you guys are accomplishing a lot, and with only two people.
    It's all adrian's work so far

Moderator Emeritus

So... any updates? I need my fix.

PS. if the map team manages to crack the way to split up regions, will you start breaking up large regions so that the map would be more realistic?
    I guess up to a point it depends on how easy it would be of course.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 15, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

How well do the actual battle sequences work? Considering the empire engine and time frame work, converted to ancient warfare, is it working alright? The Roman formations with testudo, the throwing of the pilum than close formation shield and gladius combat, the Greek phalanx? How are these working with the empire engine? Amazing models by the way
    "But I being poor have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." -W.B. Yeats

Moderator Emeritus

There is a video somewhere with the fighting. I watched it yesterday. About the testudo I don't know but about phalanx they try some things with spear wall. Check the previous page.

Moderator Emeritus

So... any news?