Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Ι have just noticed this and i have to say it looks really great!!! Keep up guys!! +rep!!

Will be awesome if you pull this off. Good luck.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I would like two things please.

1. The names of all that helped making these units, a list would be nice so we could rep them.
    2. Where can I download these unit packs?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I would like two things please.

1. The names of all that helped making these units, a list would be nice so we could rep them.
    2. Where can I download these unit packs?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=403847&page=4
    The creator of this thread above made all of these units, and when it is released (should be very soon) it will be announced
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

hi thanks for the comments , i have made most of the models though a few people have let me use some stuff as well like ferres who has let me use his excellent roman textures most of the romans use them. The unit pack should be out soon as King Sama has already said .
    I am slowly working on catharge next heres a few screen shots of the models for catharge that i have done so in game.
    adrian

Very nice, although would it be possible to make the tunics shorter? I don't think they're supposed to go further than the knees.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Again great work mate! + rep

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi thanks for the comments , i have made most of the models though a few people have let me use some stuff as well like ferres who has let me use his excellent roman textures most of the romans use them. The unit pack should be out soon as King Sama has already said .
    I am slowly working on catharge next heres a few screen shots of the models for catharge that i have done so in game.
    adrian
    Carthage? No Macedonia? No Greek Citystates? No Seleucia?

hi emperor77 thanks the tunics are above the knees might be the angle of my camera that makes them look longer.

thank you Oggie for the rep and glad you like them.

Hi ComnenusTheOne think they might be a bit of a misunderstanding i was on about the models i have made so far to date have mostly been made my be . Dont worry they will be all the factions you have mentioned and i am currently working on Carthage faction see above screen shots of the models done to date and these new ones here . At the moment i am getting the base models for them done and basic skins for Carthage .

heres the new in game screen shots of new Carthage models .

hope you like them

adrian

Fantastic! +rep if I can
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

hi emperor77 thanks the tunics are above the knees might be the angle of my camera that makes them look longer.

thank you Oggie for the rep and glad you like them.

Hi ComnenusTheOne think they might be a bit of a misunderstanding i was on about the models i have made so far to date have mostly been made my be . Dont worry they will be all the factions you have mentioned and i am currently working on Carthage faction see above screen shots of the models done to date and these new ones here . At the moment i am getting the base models for them done and basic skins for Carthage .

hope you like them

adrian
    i would give you rep but i have to spread some out first

Moderator Emeritus

There is something missing from a review on Carthage units.
    I think you know what I mean.

Thanks for all your hard work. A couple of friends (not visitors in the forums) are already excited too. Don't think that only the people in these forums would praise you for eternity and would sacrifice virgins to your name. There are more.

Lances: Do you think you could make some different lances?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Hi King Sama glad you like and thanks again for the rep ,and not a problem Shugo560 you have been very encouraging with your comments in the past

hi alhoon
    thanks for the very nice comments. At the moment i am still working on the carthage units , the ones in the sceenies are what i have done for them so far base model still got to add a few bits to them . But i have just got up and when i first read this i was thinking you meant things like beards etc But then itcame to me elephants . I do have a base model for tower elephant my only problem with it is going tobe the ETW animation as they ride the elephants sat on back . so would look odd with archers sat in a tower like that.
    But i am going to have a go at using the normal archer load fire animation and then see if i can edit it in ultimate unwrap3d , so the running part is removed so he will stay staionary in the tower. The second problem will be the postition in the tower i think i will need to look into hex editing to get him standing in the tower. I have had a go at animations before but failed not sure i had edited all the files needed so again this is something that i need to check up on as well.

Lancers yes i can change the lance in the equipment file though at the moment just adding things that are really needed like swords shields once i have got the base to the equipment file done i can then work out what i no longer need and satrt deleting those items. Some of the roman untis and celt units still have some of the shields attached to their body this is so it does not become too big to edit but once i have worked out what needs tobe put in and taken away i can then remove the shields from the units and put in equipment file . So far i have added 5 roman shields and swords to the equip file the roman standards and 3 celt shields and one sword this also free up the untis as i can then use them for infantry cavalry or artillery. And one other thing is that to me the lancers use the wrong end of the lance when i melee so i would have to turn the lance the other way around so they chanrge with the flat end but in melee use the spear type head of the weapon . Again this is an animation thing .
    sorry if a bit long winded but hope i have answered everything
    adrian

great
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Moderator Emeritus

Can't rep again yet.

Anyway... thanks for the update.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

WOW!!!

This is Rome 2 TW!!!

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

imagine a full working campaign map in this mod

If they would have a full campaign map with some factions it would be even better! right now this is by far the most interesting mod for empire imo!

they could even ask money for it and I would buy it!

Moderator Emeritus

Me too.

Soon, can never be "soon enough" I'm checking this thread 2/day.

hehe yes! I need this mod! is so good!!!!