Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

They are thinking for a grand campaign, but it's still not possible to add regions.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ajantis's Avatar Libertus

Regions can be as is for the first release, if we can get the factions, buildings, ships and units... and a little 2d. Campaign is on, and my life on the stop ;-)
    For the Helm!

Well, the Gauls would be mis-represented. However, IMO, the biggest problem would be that the whole Italy&Sicily are connected, that Asia minor is along with Anatolia, Cyprus and Syria are connected and the Iberia will be... weird.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Are soldiers going to have to climb walls for siege battles?

It's not really a big deal, as I'll download the mod either way, but I was just wondering.
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

If CA not announce Rome2 on the 6th of july, then there will be a roman timeframe full conversion mod for NTW with campaign(s). Otherway the project will be cancelled.
    But even when the project will be done, then it will take some time till itīs in a polished state.

Itīs quite complicate to create in the warscape engine a big mod for this timeframe because of the limitations. For example the campaign. If we would do a campaign for ETW then we would have too less regions for the gauls and at some other positions.
    A campaign for NTW cannot support carthago right, because of the missing part on the map.
    Itīs a draw here, but NTW will win because itīs simple better coded.

Beside that, other siege weapons then a battering ram would be quite a problem too.
    Landbattles will dominate, no once can hope that a mod easy can bring the M2TW siege mechanics to ETW/NTW.
    But at the end, for all who want to visit the timeframe with the best possible graphic conditions it would be possible with some limitations.

I hope this post isnīt disturbing, it should not seen as commercial for another mod.
    But afaik this mod here (rome vistrix) is meant as battle mod and i just wanted give some hope to users who will play campaigns.
    But again, letīs see what the 6th july brings us. I would prefer that CA do the job, but if not then i hope all the ancient/roman timeframe mods will help us skipping the time till finally a remake will be done.

If it is rome 2 and it's running on warscape engine.. wouldn't it be possible to just convert the units and have a mod basically ready to go when it's released?

Well, if it's Rome 2 it will be at the earliest out in March 2013. So I don't see any need for converting units. There's a lot in this mod.

If itīs rome2 then we first have to look about the modding options we have. Can be the same then now, better or even worse.
    And instead of converting then something i would prefer it to do it up from scratch based on the new game.

Additional then must be decided what the mod should cover. When the vanilla setting is known, such things could be discussed. For now we have only the option to wait.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Well, we didn't have to wait long for the official announcement
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Yeah, but Lusted said "More than a year" so they just announced it and we have to bite our nails for a whole year.

Yes, it would be nice with a Roma Victrix mod to play with until christmans 2013 - which feels like forever
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Ajantis's Avatar Libertus

Why don`t you announce what you have now (% of units, bildings.....), and ask the community is that enough for a campaign release? It is your mod and i don`t mean to tell you what to do... but ;-)
    For the Helm!

mayotte's Avatar Civis

Well done !!!!! good luck !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajantis View Post
    Why don`t you announce what you have now (% of units, bildings.....), and ask the community is that enough for a campaign release? It is your mod and i don`t mean to tell you what to do... but ;-)
    TC, who did the opening post have no further worked on this mod. The only one left was adrian.
    Also this mod will be only a battle mod. No campaign planned afaik.
    The above mentioned campaign mod is canceled, cause rome2 is coming next year and i donīt want to spend much time in something that would be obsolute then.

Fair enough.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

will there be the american and indian empires of this time too?
    like the olmeks f.e. or the northern indian buddhist empire...cant remeber its name.

The only thing that lets down this mod is the animations.

So... any news or updates?
    What about that big announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So... any news or updates?
    What about that big announcement?
    If you mean me mate, then i have to make you sad.
    As stated before if Rome2 is announced i will not start the "Rome - Vae Victis" project (The full overhaul with campaign mod i planned to do).
    And thats the case now. It would be worked putted into something which would be obsulete a few months later. Time that i prefer to spend on lasting projects.

But i know adrian74 is still working on the battle only mod here. So you will have something to play till Rome2 is coming.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Alhoon you can play RTW also, it is still playable with a good mod.