Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    And below a couple of screen shots in milkshape for some troops for india i am working on
    takecare all
    adrian
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    Has this ever been attempted? I've seen threads where there was talk about attempting to migrate the ETW map to Napoleon (as difficult as it might be) but I've never seen anything going in reverse - at least portions of the map. Of course I would imagine the same conditions would exist; editing all existing regions to accept the new regions would be time consuming if at all possible.
    Nope, its not possible.

And good to see you back in action adrian
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

I'm a long time fan for M2TW but really loved and played RTW mods with a lot more gusto and passion. I came across this on youtube.

I really wish you the best of luck with this. I know how thankless and difficult cracking these games can be. ETW may yet prove to be more flexible than previously believed as 'hard coded' things become slowly decoded. At the same time, there are some issues which will have a deleterious effect upon the game if not addressed adequately. The 'speed' control at which fights can be had within M2 is excellent, and the 'slow motion' dealio in Empire is substandard. The inalterability of the campaign map would probably deter me from further efforts.

But if this is something you can work around, and create better 'realism' and 'immersion' in campaign map, that would be an improvement over the present ETW map. Presently there are too many glowing bright 'interface' icons all over the map. Takes away from the splendor and magnificence of a would be rome campaign.

.L.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Hey just a question, are you going to incorporate the shield wall formations in the mod?

hi King Sama thanks not been away as such have checked the thread regular though was hoping others involved would have posted some other stuff not model wise and replied to some of the questions but know they are involved in other projects.

hi vanguard13 thanks
    hi Ransom Locke that question i can not answer as i just make models but hopefully someone will reply and answer it for you

takecare all
    adrian

Thanks for the replies Adrian. Keep us informed!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

(Sorry for mistakes, i'm french)

Your mod is fantastic! Good luck for the future!

Wow. Looks great. Good luck!

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Question, and i am sure its way too early, BUT... could this mod be ported to Shogun2?

hi alhoon will try to.

thank you stylet glad you like it and no mistakes thank you too CoolPotato too.

hi ComnenusTheOne yes think it is too early what i know from when i last looked into shogun2 is that the models are not editable yet they do have a different skeleton from those in ETW and NTW as they have more bones, until we can get the skeleton into some 3d editing software like unwrap or milkshape then i dont see how we can add any new made models to shogun2. Although shogun2 does have some more animations suitable for this mod it also has some missing like sword and shield animation the one from etw would not work in it i dont think as again the skeleton is different.
    Also there is the map problem japan not suitable for rome so would involve improting say the map from etw or ntw and i dont know if this can be done .

Maybe in the future but at the moment i would say no but i could be wrong
    adrian

i've nothing to say but "Just Do it" Looks like it could be amazing, however i still haven't tried it... PREASE FINISHEEEEE!

That's my wish too, but let's give them some time to work for our enjoyment

Icon5 Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

hello! i would love to work with this mod, i love history and (if someone teached me) i could do skins,
    i also have a great idea that you should add, insted of America you should have Asia, like the chinese tribes, (im not in to chines early history) altough i can make some reaserch about it

ps! i hope your still working on the mod

that would be very hard becuase shogun 2 is very compelicated

Quote Originally Posted by Axelvonpown View Post
    insted of America you should have Asia,
    Impossible I'm afraid. They can't change the campaign map at all.

ps! i hope your still working on the mod
    Thankfully they do

Hello! I've seen all videos of this mod on Youtube, and must say - that is amazing! If you finish, it would be the greatest mod on total war)
    Please, keep doing this mod to the end!!

if you guys need help with history or something like that contact me!
    the mod looks great, mabe you could try to add Asia instead of America, that would be great!

they cant? thats pretty bad mod tools then, altough still it looks great

they cant? thats pretty bad mod tools then, altough still it looks great
    Mod tools?
    There are no mod tools for ETW mapping. Not even CA has mapping mod tools. They use a variety of 3rd party tools and custom tools for their work, and it takes them "months of work" (in their own words) to make a different map.

hi all. Sorry but i just came across this mod and there are many pages to go thru and dont know if it has been answered. Is this a mod just for custom battles thing or its gonna be a hell of a mod campaign-factions-battle map type of mod?.
    thx
    Last edited by neoiq5719; December 24, 2011 at 07:59 AM.