Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

probably the same reason i havent moved to etw, its very different from Mtw2 and rtw

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Icon10 Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    probably the same reason i havent moved to etw, its very different from Mtw2 and rtw
    I agree with you. I myself purchased ETW because of the TW aspect and because of curiosity sake, but was rather dissapointed. I like Sharpe like the next man, but ETW was not my cup of tea.

And here is something thats paying homage to RTW & MTW2. To be frank, I miss RTW, but I need something fresh.

Come on mate have you seen the beta...its pretty...you'll like it...

While I wait and hope more help goes into this work, I'm playing S2TW...
    Last edited by yobi_uk; October 17, 2011 at 07:44 AM.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Ya I hear modding warscape is quite the task. Maybe if Rome 2 comes out I might consider.
    For now I will stick to RTW engine. I hope to move to M2TW and see what i can do with that!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Ya I hear modding warscape is quite the task. Maybe if Rome 2 comes out I might consider.
    For now I will stick to RTW engine. I hope to move to M2TW and see what i can do with that!
    rome and medieval are very similar

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

i thought so, thanks!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

So... any news?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Fantastic work here, guys.

I haven't read the whole thread, but is it realistic to hope that buildings will be moddable in ETW? I know nothing about the engine, having been working with RS2 for the past few years.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Yes buildings are moddable, but it is quite hard as I've heard.
    The Blue and the Grey mod managed to do it.

what about campaigns?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

The campaign map you mean?
    You cannot create new campaign maps or alter the existing one. It's possible to change the buildings in cities I believe and happiness of the population, how large the population is etc.
    But no new regions.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Though you can change the factions and who owns what piece of land, and what buildings are in which towns and things like that, so a Roman era campaign is possible in ETW, some of the regions are just a little big.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    Though you can change the factions and who owns what piece of land, and what buildings are in which towns and things like that, so a Roman era campaign is possible in ETW, some of the regions are just a little big.
    Yes that's what I forgot, thanks for adding Tango
    The map is indeed usable for a Roman campaign.

hmmmmmm.....

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I think M2 is the only option to have a full scale mod with everything working in game etc.. I think there are too many hard coded problems with ETW!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    I would say that many regions are just a little big. In my opinion it can be solved only one way:

4TPY, slower moving troops. So the AI can defend, say the whole of Gaul in a couple of battles. Because else, you would get it with one battle.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I think M2 is the only option to have a full scale mod with everything working in game etc.. I think there are too many hard coded problems with ETW!
    Maybe, but just look at the quality of the graphics - it makes M2TW look like a 70s arcade game. Isn't that worth the effort?

What issues are hard coded?

hi tone thanks i think there are pros for etw and some draw backs like animations at the moment there does not seem tobe many modders into animations to make new ones not like say in rtw or mtw2 .
    Buildings can be replaced and although you can open up ships in ultimate unwrap and alter them you can not save them yet so that is a draw back in regards to navy battles.
    yes the map does need more regions especially france i dont know anything about esf editing or map work but i dont see why it would not be possible to replace say the regions of france in etw with the ones from ntw copy and paste them,
    I think a lot of people into modding turned their back on etw becuase the game back then when released was not stable for some and back then less things were modable.

Things have moved on a bit but i think their are only a few who are into modding etw now because of that would even say there are more into modding ntw .

for me i like etw as it does have a biGger grand campaign map .
    these just my views ,

And below a couple of screen shots in milkshape for some troops for india i am working on
    takecare all
    adrian

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Ah yes, it's too bad that so many gave up on etw.
    My schedule is so bloody full until november 2012 (I'm in the board of my student association which takes lots of time)
    But after I am willing to learn how to create unit models for it seems many mods are in need of moddelers.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    yes the map does need more regions especially france i dont know anything about esf editing or map work but i dont see why it would not be possible to replace say the regions of france in etw with the ones from ntw copy and paste them,
    Has this ever been attempted? I've seen threads where there was talk about attempting to migrate the ETW map to Napoleon (as difficult as it might be) but I've never seen anything going in reverse - at least portions of the map. Of course I would imagine the same conditions would exist; editing all existing regions to accept the new regions would be time consuming if at all possible.

Hi oggie good on you if you need any help just let me know or any other modeller i am sure would be willing to help you out . But once you get use to merging parts does become easier first few attempts can be a bit frustrating but you soon pick up what todo.

Hi MrClean as far as i know no but i do not see why it would not work as the regions boundries in france are there in NTW aslo the pathfinding would also be in NTW. so if they were copied from ntw and pasted over the ones for france it might work, but as i said i could be wrong as i have never done any esf or map editing just one of those thoughts sometimes simple things can work .