Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Having tested the showcase beta, and also after having read through a few of pages of text here...
    Shouldn't this mod have it's own forum????? As for example there are Medieval 2 mods that SEEM less developed than this... Hm.. Masterpiece to come..!
    And also because hey... How many other large scale mods for Empire do we have that changes time-period at all??

Now for a quick question, I assume that CA won't release any info on the esf files anytime soon if at all, so considering this, what are your plans for the Americas??
    (And yes I did hear a few notes about an up and coming campaign map that hopefully will get out to the public in the future..!)
    Last edited by Baerke Hinn Gauzki; July 17, 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Stupid typos...

Foederatus

I agree that this mod should have a place of it's own.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by james1976 View Post
    I agree that this mod should have a place of it's own.
    Hopefully it will become Hegemon of the ETW hosted modifications!

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Baerke Hinn Gauzki View Post
    And also because hey... How many other large scale mods for Empire do we have that changes time-period at all??
    In development? A few. Released? I don't know, but they can't be many.

Shouldn't this mod have it's own forum?????
    Yes. + rep

Now for a quick question, I assume that CA won't release any info on the esf files anytime soon if at all, so considering this, what are your plans for the Americas??
    We were told the team has already removed Americas from the mod, by removing the transitions. Also a mapper, I don't remember who, managed to remove a whole theater I think, but I'm not sure.
    If the team wants to remove some of the theatres that way (i.e. deleting them instead of erasing the transitions) they could check how that was done.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Thanks for the rep alhoon I understand completely why you gave it having seen the rep comment..!
    And thanks for the info. I REALLY hope that this will end well... If so...
    Hell be damned... Since the gluttony I will commit in front of my pc screen will be too much for you to handle Lucifer

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I wonder; would it be possible to release a roman unit mod so we can see how it looks in-game for ourselves?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

there is a single player battle mod already available...look at first post

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

My bad! and they look awesome
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Signature 1

Signature 2

Signature 3

Signature 4

will get ETW just for this!

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

@Mongol121:

lol, no - you may get Empire:TW now that it has a Roman mod, BUT also consider that the money you put down on it will go for development of Rome 2:TW (I hope)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

So... any news?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

hello i am struggling to get this game working as in the post 421, the second directory does not exist on my computer so where do i find the script which i need to change. ON a windows 7 os and i bought the game in disc format ifg that helps.

Edit:

I have read through the forum and it seems like a good few people have had this very same problem however no where has it been addressed.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Beast Within; August 02, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

The folder is hidden from users to take a look in basically..! Either you can enter the exact adress, or you can also make it visible to all.
    I can't properly remember alt nr.2 though so if that's what you intend to do wait until someone posts a help here.
    I'll + rep anyone who helps Beast Within before me myself can take my time to remember again

thanks for that @Baerke Hinn Gauzki. Well i will have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Within View Post
    thanks for that @Baerke Hinn Gauzki. Well i will have a look
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-400be6a496a3

Here you go..! There's supposed to be a tutorial on TWC as well but ehm.. Yeah.
    Last edited by Baerke Hinn Gauzki; August 02, 2011 at 05:42 PM.

wow,this looks great

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Good god this thing is impossible to install.
    Will the next version be usable for us technological illiterates or is there a specific reason you don't want everyone to enjoy the beta?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Good god this thing is impossible to install.
    Will the next version be usable for us technological illiterates or is there a specific reason you don't want everyone to enjoy the beta?

LOL dude i m laso a tech illiterate and i was able to install the game, it is quite easy ^^

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

hey everyone! I wanted to tell the devs and mod team that this mod is what we've all been waiting for! Imagine ROME is detailed, hi-res graphics with CA's new battle animations! In life, I try to exercise and eat right, but my idea of heaven is eating M&M's all day while playing the latest Classical-Era Total War game (or mod) on a high end PC.

That said, I was wonderring if perhaps it would not be easier to use the Shogun 2 enigine? By its very nature it is better designed to handle melee combat and already includes <eek!> Oared Warships (just reskin them and... EUREKA! Trireme! Who cares about the map being Japan? You've pretty much stated that this could grow to become a mod with a grand campaign but that is pretty far out in the future, even if preliminary work on that aspect is beginning now. Custom battles in S2 with Romans, Egyptians, Carthos, Gauls... it would satisfy a whole lot of people until CA releases Rome 2.

Which brings me to my final point. While Rome 2 is not yet confirmed, it would seem that CA's logical next step would be to release it next simply because it's THE game people have been asking for for so long and it's almost a no-fail guarantee. Shogun 2 was an easy way to bring profits that Empire and Nappy failed to bring, and those profits are going into the development of a bigger, better, Rome 2. *IF* CA announces R2 in February '12 as being on course for a realse within a year thereafter, people may not be playing this mod for long - and that would be a shame because if you create a campaign you will have put A LOT of time into it, only to see it completed alongside Rome 2. So, I just think working on custom battles in Shogun 2 would be a better course that would yield the most results the fastest. But honestly, I have no say in the matter and have never created a mod in my life - so I'm not critisizing the team or anything. Until time travel becomes as common as hopping in the car for my daily commute, I appreciate anything anyone does to render the roman legions in any way possible!

Cheers!