Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

hi theatroN very nice video even if a bit short but very nice effects and very rich in colour and reflections are very good Have some rep
    thank you Jean=A=luc it does have potential and be a bit of a change too , as it will be i think the first not to have muskets in
    Hijulianus Flavious sorry you can not get it to work , check posts 421 and 297 if you have not already in 297 there is a copy of my scirpts file for it that will let you see what you have to put in your scirpt file . just the bit on the very last line copy and paste . hope it work for you and thanks for the rep too .
    Hi Rozanov yes it would be nice to have some roman buildings etc in the mod . Roman forts celtic settlement etc but i am not sure what needs tobe done and what can be done in that regards . Not tried to model any buildings before let alone try and get new ones in game thanks for the link though does look good
    Hi james1976 origionally empire was going to have in city battles if you look hard enough you can find screen shots of them pre release units deployed in front of houses mansions etc ,but they had problems with the city battles think it was pathfinding issues . Some reffere to them as alpha cities but they never made it in . CA argument was that all cities would have had some sort of fortifications net work before the city was reached and so that why most battles have fort battles for cities .
    But yes i too miss the city battles like in RTW and MTW2 .
    Would be nice if they had them back in in their next game release though

if i missed any questions its because i dont know the answers
    hers a screen shot of new horse model i am doing can you guess what it is yet ?
    but why i was doing him i did this too for alhoon and i think King Sama will like it , still got to work on its textures a bit and ignore the cathargian on it
    adrian

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ⚓ Flikitos ⚓ View Post
    It is completly possible to change the appearance of cities, you just have to work on UU3D so as to create the models. I tried to add to ETW the NTW town's models and it work perfectly (apart the fact that NTW cities are quite too big so as to be used in ETW).
    Is it possible to change the buildings of the cities in the battle map?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    did this too for alhoon and i think King Sama will like it ,
    Man, You gave me a hard on. You mean, this needs more work? They seem PERFECT to me. No, really, they look perfect. To the point that I'm afraid that you may waste time on improving something that doesn't need improvement. Also what's the problem with the Carthaginians on them? They also look very good.

So... any chance they'll be in the next pre-release? + rep.

Hey, if you can give me a 1368x768 or something similar pic of the above elephants, I'll make it a desktop pic.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 11, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

yes someone has already done that i will look for the link think its in the ETW mod thread think it was just a case of naming new models same as old ones you were replacing

Someone did what? A screenshot of the elephants?

Anyway, you have put elephants in = 90% complete.
    When do you get a proper forum?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

no added their own buildings i can rember seeing it looking through the threads now i think it was one of the guys from blue and grey who mentioned buildings and someone else replied he had done it he just named his new buildings same as the old ones he replaced and saved in same format

Well, buildings are lower in my list than armored elephants desktop image.

at last found the link and it was none other than falconpilot
    heres the link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=374051&page=7

yes hopefully be a bit better once i adjust the textures on those nellies
    adrian

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Excellent Adrian! Those are your Carthaginian pike-men(phalangites) manning the elephants correct?

hers a screen shot of new horse model i am doing can you guess what it is yet ?
    First i thought Seleucid Kataphraktoi, then the armour on the body of the horse doesn't look like that of the supposed scale Armour. Anyways could be the Armour for the Carthaginian Cav! or it oculd be...................... I'm gonna stick to one answer

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

yes carthage pike man on nelly but going to use it for eastern elephant Seleucid and any others who would have used it . Going to be turning horse into a cataphract horse early stages yet and yes armour is wrong at the moment the horse you see at the moment going to be for persian general and his body guard once i sort out armour for it just it looks better textured not tried in game hope it works as there were a lot of joints in that horse lol
    adrian

If I may ask, which factions are ready/mostly ready?
    Celts and Romans are out already.

hi alhoon

you edited your post since i last read it so thanks for the rep will sort out and upload larger pic for you too in the week .

No elephants wont be in the next update also i dont think i be doing another custom battle mod for other factions too time consuming , maybe when beta nearly out for overhaul and if tc is ok with it then might get another faction to add to the celts romans. But otherwise it takes up too much time . Plus some are confusing the custom battle mod with the overhaul. Judging overhaul by the custom battle mod .

All i can say is that the custom battle mod is seperate to the overhaul ,if you like was a little project of my own. So TC might want a few things changing model wise to what is in that and also might want them reskinned i have done what i can in regards to skinning but i am not the best at skinning .

the romans are 90-95 % done there are a few models not in custom battle mod different textured and modeled legionaires few other untis too these wont be in custom battle mod either saving them for overhaul .

celts/ gauls i would like to add a few more untis to time permitting ,but that be last off when models completed.

cartharge i would say models 95% done couple new ones i am still working on but they taken a back seat. also cartharge mostly in my pack is infantry think only 3 cavalry units and cartharge was quite big in use of cavalry but tc can use some the ones i have as infantry for cavalry just that in my pack is just to see what models look like in game and easier to just add as basic swords man infantry .

ptolemaic egyptians done just again who tc wants where infantry cavalry etc.

germanics and barbarians i would 65 % done

these are mostly in milkshape not game format though a few are but best to class as done model wise but not tested in game. And best to class as not textured fully too. Even though some are .

armenins and persians would say 50 % done some like heavy infantry using same model just different texture just light infantry realy has tobe done .

india i would say 30 % done got base of light and a couple of cavalry units so far but base models their to build upon.

Greeks i would say 30-40 % again base model done just a matter of adding new things to them . the greeks can also be used for macedonians just need different textures .

seleucid 0 % done have made some parts but nothing put together model wise and again greek base model can be used just building on it texturing them etc.

thrace darcia as above just can use germanic/ barbarians base and in some cases greek .

but i think i got base for all factions covered just reassembling mixing parts up for them up is all that is needed .

then there is horses elephants and so far only got one piece of artilery fully completed so a few more pieces to finalise the other artillery models these again on back burner for time being .

then if mercanaries can be added in would like todo some desert warriors for africa middle east etc.

hope the above makes sense
    adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Just working through installing now
    Ok can't install. I used mod manager and nothing happens. I'm utterly lost
    EDIT: Well I simply can't make it work and all the tutorials here are either too vague or simply innacurate. Still from the vids it looks like you did a sterling job +rep

i had problems getting it workin...heres what i did

put the 2 files i downloaded into empire data folder in steamapps
    then i created a user.empire_script file (make sure u save to unicode)that is in scripts folder in appdata hidden file you have to make a new one under prefs file(hope thats not too vague)
    and in that i put this line mod romavictrix.pack;
    started my vanilla game and single player battle
    it worked

good luck have fun!!
    Last edited by W4SPY; July 11, 2011 at 08:05 PM.

Taking in mind what you just said about the overhaul, im going to ask a few historical questions,
    Are you re-doing the romans and gauls for the overhaul?
    When you say india do you mean the Maurya Empire
    Will there be britions in the mod?
    Are you dividing the guals and the germans up into sub factions?
    Are you dividing the greeks up into sub-factions?
    Is the overhand spear animation in the mod?
    Are there any roman units with the lorica squamata?
    How come if the mod is set just after the first punic war so many of the Romans are wearing lorcia segmentata?
    I asked before if there will be camel units in the mod and i was wondering in what way theyll be in?
    Also will there be any sort of wardogs?
    Im highly doubting this but does the testudo work?
    Will there be any steppe factions?
    Will there be any sort of spanish faction?
    Also what about the parthian empire?
    Any african factions? As in more southren such as numidia, or further south?
    Ok sorry for all the questions they were just bugging me.
    Last edited by David93; July 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM.

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by W4SPY View Post
    i had problems getting it workin...heres what i did

put the 2 files i downloaded into empire data folder in steamapps
    then i created a user.empire_script file (make sure u save to unicode)that is in scripts folder in appdata hidden file you have to make a new one under prefs file(hope thats not too vague)
    and in that i put this line mod romavictrix.pack;
    started my vanilla game and single player battle
    it worked

good luck have fun!!
    Sorry... I just don't comprehend at all
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

hi David93
    i will answer what i can working downwards
    no i am not redoing the romans gauls for the overhaul i have if you like created base models for the romans gauls if tc wants things changing not a problem ie different helmet on different body removing of helmet adding of cloaks . texture wise upto tc how he wants them doing.
    yes maurya empire models
    i am sure they will be
    would be nice if we could divide the gauls up but not sure regarding the map what can and can be done there are not enough regions in france to divide up the france map in NTW would be more suited for this , i dont know if its possible to add the regions from ntw france to empire though.
    greeks again as above .
    animations if you mean the throwing spear men yes i think it will it is the same animation as throwing axe .
    i have some romans textured different though not in custom battle mod and different types of infantry again so tc can chose which he wants.
    because the custom battle mod was my own project .
    camels yes as to in what way they will be in again upto tc.
    the horse skeleton might work for war dogs though its very complicated and they if you like low on my list
    at the moment we dont have a testudo animation.
    factions upto tc but i should imagine spain be in it and others too though not sure which .
    parthia i think so
    other africans some of my models in carthage egypt do ave african modles these can be easily altered but again upto tc i should imagine most of northeren africa already taken up southern part depends on map editing and region allocations
    not a problem hope i have answered correctly and the above just my view
    adrian

Thanks for the answers adrian

can someone upload me the default preferences.empire_script?

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Hey Adrian, I'm not very familiar with the mod but it looks very promising. I know modding Empire is harder than RTW and M2TW so my question is, is there a possibility we'll see a campaign for this mod and if so will it be with custom settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey what the heck is that, looks amazing guys great work, is this a full mod still being developed, and what is the percentage completed?
    Yes. 1%. I'll have more time after August, a campaign map Beta should be available a few months after that.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by paterah View Post
    Hey Adrian, I'm not very familiar with the mod but it looks very promising. I know modding Empire is harder than RTW and M2TW so my question is, is there a possibility we'll see a campaign for this mod and if so will it be with custom settlements?
    It will take time tackling the coding and stuff, but as one guy said... Godspeed Adrian

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    I'll have more time after August, a campaign map Beta should be available a few months after that.
    Good news. So we will see a beta for the campaign in the middle of 2012?