Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

elephant in game test had to move textures a bit so not all box is textured and a bit out of line but look at the pics and i dont mean the indian sat on the elephant lol

why ???

ssshhhhhhhh i am thinking
    Last edited by adrian74; July 09, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Ptolemaic Elephantes? The armour of the elephant crew looks like Ptolemaic troops (excluding the Indians ) .Only problem their riding Asian elephants not African forest elephants
    Anyways good to see it up and working though i remember a trade of elephants between the Seleucids and Ptolemies after one war

elephant in game test had to move textures a bit so not all box is textured and a bit out of line but look at the pics and i dont mean the indian sat on the elephant lol
    At the slightest it is a bit off, but other than that it's magical

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

TC why does the main picture on opening page keep vanishing??????

no you missing my point lol this is my first if you like test ignore textures armour etc ears shape of india africa etc still got to scale him up or her.

why does the standard bearer stand on top on the elephant the others are sat in box . i would like to get the ones sat in box stood up i tried archer that caused game to crash .
    Last edited by adrian74; July 09, 2011 at 06:29 PM.

anyway out here bit more tesing todo takecare all

ok my last note then my bed time . know in a way i have answered my own question ie because he is a standard bearer but the point i am trying to make is how come he can override the rider elephant animation and get accepted with out game crashing and be stood up on elephant . I am going to think and look at this tomorrow when i ahd a bit more sleep but archers and pike men animations dont work but that just gave me an idea lol but will have to wait until tomorrow

and TC the op pic shows up in internet explorer but not in firefox for me that might be why it there some days and not others lol

bye all

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Well... The standard bearer standing on the box seems fine for me. Why would the standard bearer sit after all? But I couldn't see anyone else in those boxes.
    So you're putting archers on the elephant? What about another kind with archers? And those armored Elephants we had in RTW?

I would like to ask about the game mechanics, can swordsmen hit the elephants? Or are the elephants too tall?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

About the pic, could be due to TWC more than anything
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

hi alhoon

yes this is what i mean the tower does block the others out but not the standard bearer. But i did a bit of thinking about this even if i get the others in the tower to stand up then the riders will also . So then the riders of the elephants would not look right . I think and dont know if its possible that we might require two animations for it . One for the rider and one for those manning the tower .

i have not modded RTW or MTW2 but i know in there the elephants do have a driver and and the troops stand up in tower so it might be possible on ETW just that i have to figure out how they did it in those games

I was hoping todo one with a long spear and one with archers . Armoured ones will see what i can do , but do not see the point at the moment working on aroured elephant if i can not get the tower situation sorted once that done then i can look into different types of elephants etc.

might even be that we can not get towered elephant in just have to wait and see

yes the swords men still hit kill the elephants

adrian

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I must say; the Roman units look amazing! but how are you going to do things on the campaign map?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    I must say; the Roman units look amazing! but how are you going to do things on the campaign map?
    Map isn't (yet) editable but:
    - They've already removed the Americas
    - Changing starting areas for factions is possible, so they can assign each region to one of the factions they made.
    - Changing techs is possible as long as you use some of the abilities possible, like morale bonuses, melee bonuses etc
    - Adding slots to cities has been made possible, so they can turn important cities to major cities instead of having them as minors.
    - I don't know if it's possible to change the appearence of cities and towns in the campaign map, but it seems logical to be possible (can someone confirm/deny?)
    -I don't know if it's possible to change the appearence of buildings in cities and towns in the battle map and unfortunately I think it's not possible, or just not worth the work needed. Again can someone confirm/deny?

So, with a lot of work I think the team can do it. Don't expect it soon though.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Indefinitely Banned

For the campaign map why not just resking the flags?

Short clip from the mod testing out a plugin for After Effects.

Last edited by theatroN; July 10, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Under the glorious patronage of MasterBigAb

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

omg that looks good.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Map isn't (yet) editable but:
    - They've already removed the Americas
    - Changing starting areas for factions is possible, so they can assign each region to one of the factions they made.
    - Changing techs is possible as long as you use some of the abilities possible, like morale bonuses, melee bonuses etc
    - Adding slots to cities has been made possible, so they can turn important cities to major cities instead of having them as minors.
    - I don't know if it's possible to change the appearence of cities and towns in the campaign map, but it seems logical to be possible (can someone confirm/deny?)
    -I don't know if it's possible to change the appearence of buildings in cities and towns in the battle map and unfortunately I think it's not possible, or just not worth the work needed. Again can someone confirm/deny?

So, with a lot of work I think the team can do it. Don't expect it soon though.
    It is completly possible to change the appearance of cities, you just have to work on UU3D so as to create the models. I tried to add to ETW the NTW town's models and it work perfectly (apart the fact that NTW cities are quite too big so as to be used in ETW).

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey what the heck is that, looks amazing guys great work, is this a full mod still being developed, and what is the percentage completed?

This mod has amazing potential, will be rooting for ya.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Just working through installing now
    Ok can't install. I used mod manager and nothing happens. I'm utterly lost
    EDIT: Well I simply can't make it work and all the tutorials here are either too vague or simply innacurate. Still from the vids it looks like you did a sterling job +rep
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; July 11, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Be great to have some sort of city view like this:

http://www.procedural.com/showcases/...me-reborn.html

I'll let you know if I find any public domain roman building 3d models.
    --------

Google 3d warehouse has quite a few free to use models of roman buildings (presumably on a strictly non-commercial basis.)
    they are in .skp format used by SketchUp -which people may like to use to design roman buildings.

conversion can be done:
    Sketchup lets you export in the Collada format (.dae), and then using the free Blender software with Collada importer and 3DS exporter to do the conversion directly.
    not sure where you go from 3DS though
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; July 11, 2011 at 07:53 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Be great to have some sort of city view like this:

http://www.procedural.com/showcases/...me-reborn.html

I'll let you know if I find any public domain roman building 3d models.
    --------

Google 3d warehouse has quite a few free to use models of roman buildings (presumably on a strictly non-commercial basis.)
    they are in .skp format used by SketchUp -which people may like to use to design roman buildings.

conversion can be done:
    Sketchup lets you export in the Collada format (.dae), and then using the free Blender software with Collada importer and 3DS exporter to do the conversion directly.
    not sure where you go from 3DS though
    That's the one thing I never understood about Empire. The lack of a city/town map. All the siege battles looked like some variant of a fort battle. Unlike RTW where you could march down the streets. M2TW had the big castles to march through. I was disappointed when I assaulted a city in ETW and what was behind walls looked like an encampment or something. Exception being towns that didn't have walls. Would be awesome if someone could get city models in there.