Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

I think I just pissed my pants

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    There's no way yet to break up regions or add towns. The team will work with the map they currently have for ETW.
    It has been made possible to remove the Americas theater alltogether, but I don't know if the team went for that.

Let's hope that in the time it would take to finish this mod, the map gurus would have found a way to break up regions.

thanks for answer

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Very nice mod & excellent work, bravo !!!

Some pictures :

Video in progress.

hi naxzul666 those are excellent pics i had to look twice at them + rep
    would you like todo some more screen shots? if so let me know and i will upload the other models i have done for you if its ok with TC .
    Last edited by adrian74; June 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Marcvs Apostata's Avatar Laetus

Very nice, very interesting.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

looks good hope you improve a few things further, then you can rival the m2 mods with roman timeframe!

please forget those egyptian units, those are pure fantasy units!

great work!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

First of all great work guys.
    Just a few questions, does the preview affect the vanilla (mod foldered? :/ )

How much historical accuracy are you aiming for? If your going for a good amount EB2 would be a good base most likely.

Lastly you said you would alter the map if the code was cracked, is that likely to happen?

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

hi bernardius see post 132 for how the egyptian faction models look now .

as for your qustions David93 the mod pack is just for custom battles and there are only the romans and celts/gauls in custom battle prussia etc not available when mod is running. when mod is not running does not effect custom battles etc.
    As for your other questions they can only be answered by TC .

I will be doing an update soon for the pack as i had promised earlier to release the mod last weekend in my rush falconpilots maps did not get in sorry about that. So i will include those alter a few things too db table wise too .

you might think that you already have the models and you are not bothered about the maps , so to incourage you i am adding something special to the update
    my FIRST ARTILLARY MODEL see screen shot below . still working on it a bit but almost there
    adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi bernardius see post 132 for how the egyptian faction models look now .

as for your qustions David93 the mod pack is just for custom battles and there are only the romans and celts/gauls in custom battle prussia etc not available when mod is running. when mod is not running does not effect custom battles etc.
    As for your other questions they can only be answered by TC .

I will be doing an update soon for the pack as i had promised earlier to release the mod last weekend in my rush falconpilots maps did not get in sorry about that. So i will include those alter a few things too db table wise too .

you might think that you already have the models and you are not bothered about the maps , so to incourage you i am adding something special to the update
    my FIRST ARTILLARY MODEL see screen shot below . still working on it a bit but almost there
    adrian
    wow!!! very nice!

hi panzerschreck i am glad you like it falconpilot did give up his time todo the maps so its only fair they are in the custom battle pack so a good incentive to make people download them , when they are included
    I have also rep falconpilot and KIng Sama for their hard work

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Amazing work boys! This has humongous potential! Really quite and truely amazing!

Thank you Italian Stallion

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Yes this is very impressive, from one modeler to another, great work! + rep

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

The model is looking quite impressive great work again adrian!

The custom map isn't hugely special it was a quick piece of work to get a map for your custom battle mod

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    How much historical accuracy are you aiming for? If your going for a good amount EB2 would be a good base most likely.
    The problem with the current models is that I left adrian out on a limb almost a year ago. My intention was to work with him on historical accuracy while I worked on the campaign map, but one thing lead to another and that didn't get anywhere. When/if we get a forum I'll be co-ordinating researchers, new modelers (hopefully!) and other team members who join us and we can address any models that are unrealistic. With the likes of tech tree's and unit tree progression we'll find space for 95% of models in the final game anyway - it'd be a shame to do anything otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    Lastly you said you would alter the map if the code was cracked, is that likely to happen?
    Regardless of whether or not regions can be added, the map you will see in v1.0 will be very different to Empire's. Many people underestimate the level of change that is possible in the game
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Please don't make historical accuracy a priority over other things. Fun should always come first. The Egyptians, as inaccurate as they may be, add some much needed variety rather than being another Macedonian clone faction. Maybe you could release 2 versions, a historically focused one and a more casual fun focused one similiar to say vanilla RTW.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Historical Accuracy brings fun. Just look at EB. Inaccuracies just bring annoyances.

Just downloaded this mod because of Naxzul's wonderful vid and the models are amazing. Great job!

A couple of shots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Under the glorious patronage of MasterBigAb

hi B-DizL thank you for the rep and your comment. I have seen many threads where you have posted your model work too and i have always admired what you have done .For me its a bit of fun and something i like doing though it has meant i have not fully played a NTW or Shogun2 campaighn in full yet

Hi Falconpilot glad you like the model too , for you it might not be hugely special but for me it is you came forward and gave up some of your time and time is one thing that can not be replaced

Hi eregost those egyptians i made at the start were in a way an experiement for me . Until i started making models for this mod i had only worked in empires time frame , and everything i needed was already in ETW to make new models like my morocan janissier i chopped up 3 or 4 different hats/ helmets to make a new one for him . Back then when i did my egyptian first models i went for what at the time i thought was right as i had only ever played rtw vanilla . I have learnt since that the egyptians looked totally different at the time it was not until Geronimo2006 asked in post 68 if i was going to use Ptolemaic units or pre-Ptolemaic ones that i did a bit of research on what he meant lol.

To a point i do agree with you there has tobe fun in that and i for one would not like 100 percent historical accuracy after all there are those who have pointed out else where that the romans did not wear plumes etc on campaign . But there also has tobe a balance in regards to the time frame so everything does fit. If and when the campaign overall is done and you feel the same after playing it let me know and i will upload those old style egptians just for you

Hi theatroN glad you like it those are excellent screen shots too

adrian

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Wow, I love how much some people can do with screenshots Those are amazing theatroN +rep!!

Like what TC said we have the possibility to do alot of interesting new stuff with the tech tree.

And I think the perfect balance between fun and reality is very difficult to find. Guess once the dev. forum is here there will be more clarity on which direction this mod will go