Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi fresco if you have installed correctly you should have just two factions availbale in custom battle then change time period to early for all units. When you put the line
    mod "romavictrix.pack";

did you left click file at the top of note pad and save ? i also minimumize the script file once saved .

also check the script properties before adding the line if it says read only uncheck it and press apply. that is under the general tab in properties.

hope all works out if not let me know will reply in the morning when back from work.

For me don't work!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I recommend you should improve the Roman, Germanic and Egyptian models because they look innacurate and they also look like RTW vanilla units

PLEASE RESPECT MY ETHNICITY AND RELIGION! -Hunyadi

so i just have to copy paste this in the script?

mod "romavictrix.pack";

If this mod releases i might play ETW again . Is there any other total conversions like this for ETW ?

when i put this line :
    mod "romavictrix.pack";

in my scripts etw says me it doesnt work anymore+

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks good (graphically).
    But to be honest, I'm dissapointed.

Are you guys planning to make it historically realistic?
    I mean come on, pharaoh hats on Roman-time Egyptian soldiers!

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    the egyptian screen shots are very early models for the overhaul i went for Ptolemaic Egyptians. hope all the above makes sense to you all , i will read back through the other comments when i get up and answer the emails i got too later but for now my bed time

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Great News!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post

Read earlier comments. Its a showcase. The only thing thats supposed to look good is the graphics, the stats and other such things are far from final, only the basics really...
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Indefinitely Banned

This mod realley needs a sub forum

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Do i need something? Warband? Patched to Version...? Any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    Do i need something? Warband? Patched to Version...? Any info?
    AFAIK, all you need is vanilla ETW updated to the latest patch.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Why does everything have to be realistic? This mod doesn't advertise itself as being very historicallly accurate so you have no reason to assume so. Keep your history fascism out of this mod please.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

what r u guys doing with america

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
    But if we want to go back to Empire after installing this mod, all we have too do is remove "mod romavictix.pack" from our script right?

hi again sorry fresco its not working for you and i am not sure why
    you could try redownloading the pack again maybe something went wrong during download .
    you could also try replacing your empire script with mine see if that helps you . I have attached my script file at the bottom of this post. Also freazy try my script file see if that works for you.
    only other thing i can suggest is that you try and load it using packfile manager though i am not sure how you do this but i am sure someone will help you out with this if any problems.

also the mod is for vanilla i think alhoon said if he tried to run it with dmuc then it did crash .

Thank you CoconutFred for pointing out to MatrixStorm the thing about the egyptians . I did think i had cleared that issiue up but seems that i have not. The egyptian models in the screen shots on the first page were examples , i then went on to alter them see post 132 for how the egyptian faction models look and in the romavictrix video they can been seen at the moment with spanish flag.
    most of the early screen shots are out of date the videos do contain the new versions .
    As to the roman models i am overall happy with ,i might alter a couple use the new skirt i have used on the catharge models and rework the velites model but that is about it.
    If you mean they dont look right because they are in more parade type uniform then i would say people do have an image in their minds of how a roman legionaire does look a pratorean looks etc and people do expect to see something that resembles that in some way. Although it may not be historical accurate in that respect it is still some thing the main game player expects to see and should be catered for.
    The romans also are mostly skinned using ferres skins for RTW i personally think he has the best skins for rtw and i think most who have played his mod would agree and i also think most of the major mods for rtw do also use his roman skins.
    America will not be in the overhaul but it does free up more faction slots too by not having it in .

yes if you dont want to play the mod keneticpest all you have todo is remove the line from the end of your script file "mod romavictix.pack"

i will try and get some screen shots up this weekend of the greeks and also the india models i have done todate
    takecare all
    adrian

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Again,

TC sir, I would like to offer my help. I can do textures, UI pieces (except unit cards), texture improvments and historical research. I also can do db tables but I prefer to do visual work, but I really don't mind that much. If your interested, give me a PM with the run down.

Legio, Ante! Ante! Ante!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

This is a very beautiful work! I hope you will pull this through and release an open beta with campaigns to be played and so on! Modding Rome on Empire may be a jackpot. The diplomacy and the new trade system may prove to be very helpful in terms of game play. And just imagine that you can have every single greek city state as a ... STATE! And if a city state is conquered and lost because of low public order it will emerge again under its own flag! No more useless rebels! And every single gallic tribe as its own nation united under the power of the best. And so on. Parthia and Bactria could emerge in time from the rule of the Seleucids. Imagine civil wars in Rome. Let's just hope that there will be found a way to customize the map! How many oportunities there are with this engine. Keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Petroniu; June 14, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Italian, I think TC is waiting to get a dev. forum before he starts to make a team
    Be patient I think he'll pm everyone that has offered help soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Stallion View Post
    Again,

TC sir, I would like to offer my help. I can do textures, UI pieces (except unit cards), texture improvments and historical research. I also can do db tables but I prefer to do visual work, but I really don't mind that much. If your interested, give me a PM with the run down.

Legio, Ante! Ante! Ante!
    I intend to catch up with everyone when I get feedback on the forum request
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell