Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Port's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Do you need help with graphics? Know how to do technology, icons, buildings can alter and much more. Let's create a Rome Total War

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

TC sir, I would like to offer my help. I can do textures, UI pieces (except unit cards), texture improvments and historical research. I also can do db tables but I prefer to do visual work, but I really don't mind that much. If your interested, give me a PM with the run down.

Legio, Ante! Ante! Ante!

Foederatus

I thought that there is no way how to mod campain (map, ...) in ETW, NTW etc. It was a reason for me to finish my support to sega by buing new TW games. Do you have tools how to mod it?
    Last edited by paedair; June 13, 2011 at 05:42 AM.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

I haven't commented for a while, but I have looked.
    Well done Adrian! Also TC, you're both oing a great job. Now many people seem like they want to join the mod team. So this can already be called a succes
    Best of luck mates.

Are you able to change the Campaign map? like Greece etc?

simply amazing!!!! Wonder what the kingdoms modders for europa baraborum will have to say. Maybe they will convert!

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Well, the disadvantage of the empire campaign is that we cannot divide regions, this means that france will still be 1 main region. However I think the current cities still allow an interesting campaign without ruining the fun. Offcourse certain cities like Sparta won't be represented (this is until the mappers finally break the empire map code )

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

šLol, very nice!

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

Wow, that looks cool! My only recommendations at the showcase would be if you changed the names of the factions? I don't know if that is possible at all, but my guess would be that it is. And maybe if you changed the banners (the ones flowing at the top of units, i.e. those you can put on/off) to something more accurate?

If you did that, it would really be the most awesome mod released for Empire to date! Best of luck with the working on it

And by the way, if you need anyone to do videos of any kind for you, I'd be up for it!
    Last edited by Constable MacGregor; June 13, 2011 at 09:16 AM.

so CA will have to hurry up in telling us that theyre working on Rome2TW

Tried this mod last night, and thought it was brilliant, hope you keep your enthusiasm for this mod going, because i can see it being one of the best mods to date. I wish i could mod, but seeing the people you are getting offering help is just fantastic. Even a small campaign would be enjoyable, doesnt necessarily need to be world domination in my eyes. Anyway, to all involved in this mod i send a big thankyou and good luck.

Wow, thats like 5 offers of help in one day... I hope Adrian and TopCat choose to accept all of them.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

This is amazing! +rep.
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

And the race is on between this mod and RTW 2.

Good luck guys, looks nice so far.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

hi all just a quick note again as at work tonight . yes falconpilot is right the appdata roaming folder is hidden so thanks for posting help on how to find it
    I have a shortcut to the folder on my desktop does make it alot easier to find.
    Nice video too Romulus707 does make a change to see videos of the models done by other people .
    yes oggie and kingSama there have been a few offers of help so i think you can say it is a success but still early days. I am just a model maker so it will be upto TC who is in the team but i am sure he will find a slot for them all and put to use all their talents.
    As for the map as far as i know its not moddable but having said that there have been some small steps on the map making front like the work done by Fortes although only a visual it does show that the map can be altered and last year i think most would have thought it not possible.
    There are quite a few people looking into modding the map and with the tools done by taw and the work being done by others i think its only a matter of time before adding regions and dividing them does become possible. I hope i am right on this statement
    ok all thanks for the comments
    takecare
    adrian

miguelmm's Avatar Civis

Fantastic mod mate!

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

"The downlaod link is

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20430610/romavictrix.rar

save extract it using winwar or 7zip and then put the two files into your steam apps ETW data folder

and add to your empire script

mod "romavictrix.pack";.

I've make all this operation and i've put all files in correct folder,but for me aren't any change for units in custom battle!!
    Help me ,please!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

where is the empire script?

hi fresco if you have installed correctly you should have just two factions availbale in custom battle then change time period to early for all units. When you put the line
    mod "romavictrix.pack";

did you left click file at the top of note pad and save ? i also minimumize the script file once saved .

also check the script properties before adding the line if it says read only uncheck it and press apply. that is under the general tab in properties.

hope all works out if not let me know will reply in the morning when back from work.

hi freazy to find scripts file look at post 260 and 261

ok this my last reply for today as bus to catch to work
    takecare

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by paedair View Post
    I thought that there is no way how to mod campain (map, ...) in ETW, NTW etc. It was a reason for me to finish my support to sega by buing new TW games. Do you have tools how to mod it?
    There's no way yet to break up regions or add towns. The team will work with the map they currently have for ETW.
    It has been made possible to remove the Americas theater alltogether, but I don't know if the team went for that.

Let's hope that in the time it would take to finish this mod, the map gurus would have found a way to break up regions.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.