Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    I say again showcase - ie look at the units but don't expect the battles to be in any way realistic

Yes. Showcase. But we can test them for you, can't we? I'm just offering my opinion. IMO you should encourage more people to give you reports and opinions of their battles so you can balance them the way you want.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yes. Showcase. But we can test them for you, can't we? I'm just offering my opinion. IMO you should encourage more people to give you reports and opinions of their battles so you can balance them the way you want.
    Of course
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Hey hey hey! I see a reason for buying ETW!!!!!! Wanna guess what my favourite TW era is??? :sparta:

Had no idea that there was a Roman-era mod being done for ETW.

While it looks like there's still a fair amount of work to be done, it appears to have some promise. Keep up the great work.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Amazing!!!

Miles

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Changes I did:
    - Reduced morale of all Celts by 1, reduced the nobles (cav and inf) to trained, and I increased Roman spear and archers to trained.
    - Increased Eagle legionaries defense to 15 to compare with other Roman units.
    - Reduced the armor of Noble and General for the celts to 7-8 (Equal to Triarii and Praetorians), Reduced Roman archer's defense to 2 and increased his armor to 4
    - Increased Celtic archer's melee attack to 5, Roman archer's to 4, Increased Hastati's attack to 9
    - Reduced noble's infantry attack to 13, Woad's heavy infantry to 11
    - Reduced Praetorian cav's and Celtic nobl cav's attack to 16 for both
    - Reduced all other cav's (except generals) attack by 1 and of woad cav by 4 to be comparable with the rest of the cavalry.
    - I put a limit of 3 for Praetorians and chosen axes and 2 for eagle legionairies, Roman cohort, Druids, and praetorian cav
    - Reduced the prices of most celt units
    - Increased the size of celt archers, barefoot inf, and light inf by 20 and of their spearthrowers by 40. I increased the accuracy and reload of Roman archers and velites and reduced the spearthrowers defense by 2 to compensate for the size increase.

Now, I think I'm ready for the grand battle.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 12, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Miles

can you play online with this mod yet..my guess is not but still

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

You need to polish or remake your earlier units. Your progress is such, that they look nothing like the new ones.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

And now "The Campaign"!!!!!!
    Very compliments for your great work(to all Team).
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

cool! congratulations

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

You guys are living gods for your efforts! I can't wait to play with pikemen in this engine to see how they do!
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by ⚓ Flikitos ⚓ View Post
    Romulus the infantry is not present in the late period! I made the same mistake!

I made the same thing immediately I had the mod!

Do not forget the loading screens musics and deployment!
    I did add the deployment music, just not the loading screens.

By the way TC and adrian, would guys be in need of a logo or some artwork?

I wasn't expecting much when I clicked on this thread, but those models are looking great!

Hello Team,

I REALLLLY want to test this out, but I have the vanilla models in the custom battle. I copied and pasted mod "romavictrix.pack"; into my user.script. Is there anything else I need to do, because I really want to play this!

Thanks
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Vezon's Avatar Miles

I'm sorry, I'm a computer idiot. How do I get into the Empire files? Can't find it. Not like Rome files. If anyone can help with instructions, I would be very appreciative

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

this is great news! The Egyptian troops seem a bit anachronistic tho, if I may comment.

I came today to TWC and thought nothing new and exciting could be but it's TWC here and dreams come here true

u just made my day today, I didn't know anything about this mod and that there were revealed ways to create units for ETW, all I wish it was for NTW but it doesn't matter now
    I'm modeller and could help u in creating models so u can contact me in pm and of course enormous +rep

hi all i only just managed to upload the mod sunday as i do work nights and i have just got back from doing night shift so sorry i could not reply to anything earlier
    One thing i would like to say is thank you for the constructive comments . I would like to point out that the custom battle mod is nothing at all todo with the overhaul they are two seperate things , the only thing that links them both is the fact that i am doing the unit models for both. The custom battle mod is a beta and yes you are in a way you are the testers for it. I am glad i am getting feedback about unit balancing and these things will be addressed but maybe for things regarding unit balancing ETC it would be better to post them in the unit pack thread the link is
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=459155
    I think TC did point out before it was released that the db tables units stats etc would be completly different to those in the actual overhaul.

The mod is also a way of gaining more support for people to come forward and help the actual overhaul and to also let those who think ETW is not a moddable game to think again, for there are some that think ETW can not be changed even adding new models.
    ETW has come along a bit modding wise since its first release and yes they are still things that can not yet be done. But i am hoping that this showcase custom battle mod will in some way bring back modders to ETW who had given up on it as not being moddable and bring their past modding skills to empire , which in turn i hope will open the modding of ETW even more with their past skills and this can not be a bad thing even if it brings the skill set of just one modder from rome , medieval 2 .

I think TC did point out before it was released that the db tables units stats etc would be completly different to those in the actual overhaul.

hope all the above makes sense to you all .

the egyptian screen shots are very early models for the overhaul i went for Ptolemaic Egyptians. hope all the above makes sense to you all , i will read back through the other comments when i get up and answer the emails i got too later but for now my bed time

hi to install you need to put the the extracted files into the folder data
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    for vista and windows 7 it would be
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

then copy and paste the line below at the bottom of the empire script file
    mod "romavictrix.pack";.

then click file at top of script and save . then launch empire total war

your script file is located in appdata\roaming below is where mine is located for example
    C:\Users\adrian\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

hope this helps you guys .
    i will read back through the other comments when i get up and answer the emails i got too later but for now my bed time

takecare all adrian

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

I should also add to adrian his post that Appdata\roaming is a hidden folder so you will need to unhide it.

See this page for more info on how to do that
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...al62.html#win7