Vezon's Avatar Miles

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Thank you!
    Make a front page announcement!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

DOUBLE POST, sorry
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Thank you!
    Make a front page announcement!
    It's already queued
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

clone's Avatar Primicerius

do you plan to create a campaign
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

I played it along with darthmod (DMUC crashes).
    I have to say one thing that I've said quite many times since 2003:
    Cavarly is overpowered

NOTE: In late most of the units are disabled. Is this intentional?
    Last edited by alhoon; June 12, 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Cavarly is overpowered
    I'm going to be honest, the stats weren't very thoroughly tested I was kind of hoping adrian would get some beta testers.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Cavarly is overpowered

Question: Although I put the rvtext in the data and deleted the other localization pack I can't see the texts.

NOTE: In late most of the units are disabled. Is this intentional?
    Consider it a showcase, more than a battle beta
    I know Sama gave t some balancing, but there was damn all testing done

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Miles

very interesting

How am I just now seeing this?! This is amazing, wish ya'll the best of luck! Can't wait to see this finished product.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I believe that is a sign and a massage to CA that the total war community DESPERATELY WANTS ROME 2 TOTAL WAR!
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Miles

Makining a gameplay video but I have a question. Are there only cav and archers or did I install wrong?

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    hi here is the beta for the romans verses celts/gauls custom battle set up

It is a beta as there are a few things that need doing but if you play the mod i am sure you will

work out what they are

I would like to thank the following who helped make this unit pack possible in one way or another,
    ferras, Halie Satanus , king Sama ,Falconpilot and T.C. who got me to have a go at making models

outside ETW time frame . If i have missed anyone out let me know.

And a few other people who gave me encouragement the likes of shugo560, pharo , medievaldue, Oggie

and a few more

This is more a showcase to hopefully get more people involved in the project for the complete ETW

overhaul ROMA VICTRIX .The link is here for more information.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380438

The downlaod link is

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20430610/romavictrix.rar

save extract it using winwar or 7zip and then put the two files into your steam apps ETW data folder

and add to your empire script

mod "romavictrix.pack";.

hope you enjoy the models and have fun with your custom battles .

adrian
    I can't rep you anymore, I gave out too much.

Anyways I've made a music mod just for Roma Victrix - feel free to include this and trumpeteers, as I've already added war horn sounds for the field musicians, etc.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3382

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

wow
    great job mates!
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Romulus the infantry is not present in the late period! I made the same mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    I can't rep you anymore, I gave out too much.

Anyways I've made a music mod just for Roma Victrix - feel free to include this and trumpeteers, as I've already added war horn sounds for the field musicians, etc.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3382
    I made the same thing immediately I had the mod!

Do not forget the loading screens musics and deployment!
    Last edited by Flikitos; June 12, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Miles

haha O well I made a video of a cav battle and its rendering rite now check it out on my channel if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I'm going to be honest, the stats weren't very thoroughly tested I was kind of hoping adrian would get some beta testers.

Ehh... aren't we your beta testers?

Anyway, report (using it along with Darthmod):

- Gauls need IMO to have 10-15% cheaper units and all their units to have a -1 morale.
    - Roman Hastati are a joke. I don't know why, according to their stats they should be somewhat good, but they're a waste of money. They fight with their pillum BTW is that intentional?
    - Archers need their range increased to 100 IMO. They don't kill anything. (EDIT: I forgot that I had DMod over this, that was the problem) The Roman archers with the nice chain mail should also have better defense IMO.
    - Velites etc need their speed increased if that's possible.
    - Sometimes, I got CTDs when loading from custom battle screen to the battle itself. Perhaps some units cause CTD? Perhaps incompatibility with Darthmod? I'll have to check it.
    - I think you could use the more loose formations of Darthmod for the Gauls.
    - The eagle legionaries have defense 12 unlike the other Roman units that have defense 20+. Was that a typo? Did you intend for them to have defense 22?
    - All Roman faces have a weird lip on their face.

- I think you tried to make the Romans stronger/soldier and less soldiers/unit than the Gauls. Well... Gauls seem a bit too powerful IMO. With 800 Romans vs 900 Gauls I have real hard time winning.

I enjoyed the custom battle and I look forward to playing more, playing more factions, playing with carthaginian elephants ( ) and of course... waiting for the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus707 View Post
    Makining a gameplay video but I have a question. Are there only cav and archers or did I install wrong?
    Go Early to see all units.

Anyway, I'll try it the real way: 3 Roman armies on a hill, 3 far larger Gaul armies in the field.
    PS. I'll reduce the morale of gauls by 1 as I suggested, increase range of bows to 100, increase their damage somewhat and increase the eagle legionaires defense by +10.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 12, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

Ehh... aren't we your beta testers?

Anyway, report (using it along with Darthmod):

- Gauls need IMO to have 10-15% cheaper units and all their units to have a -1 morale.
    - Roman Hastati are a joke. I don't know why, according to their stats they should be somewhat good, but they're a waste of money. They fight with their pillum BTW is that intentional?
    - Archers need their range increased to 100 IMO. They don't kill anything. The Roman archers with the nice chain mail should also have better defense IMO.
    - Velites etc need their speed increased if that's possible.
    - Sometimes, I got CTDs when loading from custom battle screen to the battle itself. Perhaps some units cause CTD? Perhaps incompatibility with Darthmod? I'll have to check it.
    - I think you could use the more loose formations of Darthmod for the Gauls.
    - The eagle legionaries have defense 12 unlike the other Roman units that have defense 20+. Was that a typo? Did you intend for them to have defense 22?
    - All Roman faces have a weird lip on their face.

- I think you tried to make the Romans stronger/soldier and less soldiers/unit than the Gauls. Well... Gauls seem a bit too powerful IMO. With 800 Romans vs 900 Gauls I have real hard time winning.

I enjoyed the custom battle and I look forward to playing more, playing more factions, playing with carthaginian elephants ( ) and of course... waiting for the campaign.

Go Early to see all units.

I say again showcase - ie look at the units but don't expect the battles to be in any way realistic

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Congratulations team,a More then brilliant job!

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Congratulations team,a More then brilliant job!
    It's been all Adrian and Sama so far I'll start pulling my weight soon enough