Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

It should be possible to remove the cannons without modeling... in the worst case one could simply remove the projectile as a temporary fix.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

This mod looks great

Also you have stirred the interest of some of those people over at the totalwar forums

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-order~

Certainly stirred my interest -what's the anticipated release date, is it sometime this year?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

For the custom battles, it's "soon"
    For the campaign? Well, that will obviously take a lot more time. Let's hope the map could be cracked by the time they are near release so they could break up France to 4-5 regions, Egypt, Anatolia, Persia etc.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    For the custom battles, it's "soon"
    For the campaign? Well, that will obviously take a lot more time. Let's hope the map could be cracked by the time they are near release so they could break up France to 4-5 regions, Egypt, Anatolia, Persia etc.
    ^this and take in mind that making a full modified campaign would be incredibly hard and timeconsuming. But yea lets hope the mappers crack the code and manager to break a region up in several small ones.

Also shireknight atm it's only adrian and TC working on it, me and king sama have offered help but so far it hasn't been needed yet

Quote Originally Posted by shireknight View Post
    Certainly stirred my interest -what's the anticipated release date, is it sometime this year?
    As said there's a custom battle release coming very soon - but it's more of a showcase release, the units won't be balanced as they will in the final version and lots of stuff like flags will need to be finalised. As for the campaign, regardless of map tools we'll be going ahead with it. It's very easy to do stuff like remove trade theatres, America etc. So the badly suited regions such as France Spain etc will be made up for by the ability to take the legions to India
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    Also shireknight atm it's only adrian and TC working on it, me and king sama have offered help but so far it hasn't been needed yet
    Hey hey hey, I've worked on it We also need to get your map in... I think I forgot
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Hey hey hey, I've worked on it We also need to get your map in... I think I forgot
    I like told u exactly how to make it work

TC if u need help on the startpos and so on feel free to contact us

hi all just a quick note the unit pack for custom battles rome_gaul will be uploaded sunday just waiting to hear back from two people but either way will be out sunday 12th june
    adrian

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Great notice Adrian!!!!
    But we wait the most important link,The Campaign playable with Romans(still few months I hope!!).
    However very compliments for the work of all members of this fantastic MOD!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi all just a quick note the unit pack for custom battles rome_gaul will be uploaded sunday just waiting to hear back from two people but either way will be out sunday 12th june
    adrian
    Awesome news adrian. +rep!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

+ rep Adrian!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

ETW's melee bug actually might just prove to be useful with this mod....

but oh so waiting for some beta's

was there any reason, besides the graphics why you chaps didnt just do it in MTW2?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder-San♔ View Post
    ETW's melee bug actually might just prove to be useful with this mod....

but oh so waiting for some beta's

was there any reason, besides the graphics why you chaps didnt just do it in MTW2?

i think the fact that we can add india now is just the biggest trump. Also the new engine allows alot more cool battles and better graphics offcourse.

Imagine playing as the greeks and doing what alexander couldn't, reach india Or with the legions of rome and succeed in which alexander failed

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

@ falconpilot

definitely, agree and fully understandable its just MTW being so extensively moddable it seemed the most natural candidate

Oh well still gaggin for a beta

wish you chaps the best of luck and im sure you gonna cramp some execs. stomachs over at "GREED INC."

....excellent....

Wouldn't be much fun doing what others are already doing
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

@ falconpilot

definitely, agree and fully understandable its just MTW being so extensively moddable it seemed the most natural candidate

Oh well still gaggin for a beta

wish you chaps the best of luck and im sure you gonna cramp some execs. stomachs over at "GREED INC."

....excellent....
    what TC said, and besides, etw for this mod is perfectly moddable I think, We can get custom weapons and model ingame (which u will see in the beta) only thing is the campaign map can't be switched but the new building system allows new interesting opportunities
    Last edited by Falconpilot; June 12, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    adrian
    Glad to hear this! +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

hi here is the beta for the romans verses celts/gauls custom battle set up

It is a beta as there are a few things that need doing but if you play the mod i am sure you will

work out what they are

I would like to thank the following who helped make this unit pack possible in one way or another,
    ferras, Halie Satanus , king Sama ,Falconpilot and T.C. who got me to have a go at making models

outside ETW time frame . If i have missed anyone out let me know.

And a few other people who gave me encouragement the likes of shugo560, pharo , medievaldue, Oggie

and a few more

This is more a showcase to hopefully get more people involved in the project for the complete ETW

overhaul ROMA VICTRIX .The link is here for more information.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380438

The downlaod link is

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20430610/romavictrix.rar

save extract it using winwar or 7zip and then put the two files into your steam apps ETW data folder

and add to your empire script

mod "romavictrix.pack";.

hope you enjoy the models and have fun with your custom battles .

adrian

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Thank you!