Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    Why not reskin the galleys and re moddle them just tiny bit and replace the cannons with balistais
    Besides, naval battles werent fought like that back then.

Indefinitely Banned

So navel battles will be scraped?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

So... 2 1/2 days without news. I need my fix! Any news?
    Any plans for releasing a partial beta so we can see those Romans in action?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Moderator Emeritus

alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

hi guys just a quick reply very busy . ships will be upto TC though i think if they were in game then pharoh is i think on the right track . i would say use the gallies too as they have oars but replace model and remove cannons from it. though i have read that ships is not possible todo too at the moment.
    Hi alhoon yes they will be a celts versus romans unit pack it is listed in the ETW skin pack section just waiting on king sama to finalise the db tables
    adrian

Moderator Emeritus

THANK YOU! ! ! !

+rep

You mean this one right?
    Last edited by alhoon; April 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

WOW nice news!!! Keep the good work

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

AWESOME!!! looking foward to it!!
    when should it be ready to download?

im sry if this question was asked many times before, but i couldnt find one

Vezon's Avatar Miles

This is going to be SO COOL!

Indefinitely Banned

This almost what we could exspect from rome 2

hi alhoon yes that is the one thanks too for the rep.
    thanks for the comments too as to when it will be available that is upto TC .

heres a few screen shots of the ptolemaic untis i have done so far few a couple of tweaks but will give you an idea of what they will look like

Wow! Those units are sick. I am so pumped for this mod man. Great Job everyone.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post

heres a few screen shots of the ptolemaic untis i have done so far few a couple of tweaks but will give you an idea of what they will look like

Great job Adrian,keep up the brilliant work,+rep

Indefinitely Banned

Will there be flaming arrows that will be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post

i love these, i had a thought i know its not possible to give pikeman shields but what if you made the shields a decoration instead of a equipment, suppose they still used their spear with 2 hands but there would be a shield attached on their forwards wrist

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

good idea shugo! i think that wouldnt be too difficult to do!
    so, adrian, is that possible?

hi guys thanks for the comments and thank you MorganH.for the rep
    hi Shugo560 it is possible to attach the shields to the pikemen in the equipment file , you have to add it in the db table as an equipment item not as a sheild for it to work and has tobe placed on the arm in the equipment file and assigned to arm. The only problem is when the pikemne go into pikewall formation then their shields cut through the heads etc of the soldiers in front of them so does no look right . I am when i got time to try and redo the shield on the pikemen though from my testing last time it will need tobe a lot smaller shield than i hoped to use. So again if it does not look right then i will leave out.
    Heres a few screen shots of a few models i am working on for Germanic tribes and barbarians , still got todo the equipment for them swords shields etc but will give an idea of what i am doing.
    hope you like them
    adrian

Moderator Emeritus

As for the pikewall, can't you change the "thickness" of it, so even in pikewall soldiers are far away from one another that this doesn't happen?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    Will there be flaming arrows that will be awsome

oops sorry pharoh meant to answer in last post i am sure if TC can get flaming arrows in game he will do it but something only he can answer so not much help.
    Hi alhoon yes that might work and now you mention it King Sama did mention something a while back about spearwall not looking too bad so its something he might have done while working on the romans celts unit pack. I have just based on the basic db pikemen table entry not alterations.
    adrian