Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

ROMA VICTRIX

"Rome Conquers"

300 years ago a King named Tarquinius ruled a small city state in central Europe. This city state was of little size or importance, and of no concern to it's neighbours or the great Empires of the day - just another Kingdom of no value to anyone. Twenty-six years into this King's reign, after years of violence and oppression, his subjects revolted. A new Republic was formed, one which would be fair to all, and never see the days of Kings and dictatorship again.
    Over the next three centuries, this Republic faced many trials and challenges - it was sacked by Barbarians invading from the North, it faced many wars with local peoples, it suffered from internal strife, yet it thrived. Territory was gained; the rights of the poor promoted; a moral constitution formed, which, though unwritten and unofficial set the standards for generations of cultural practice.
    But this Utopia had it's flaws. For all the value this society placed on honour, corruption was rife. Although the poor had their "rights" they could hold few offices in government. And when the Republic grasped control of the peninsula in inhabited, it started to make itself enemies much more powerful than local tribes and rivals.

And now, to the present day: The Republic has just ended one of the most destructive wars it has ever fought - The First Punic War. With the resources that victory granted, it now stands ready to expand into the Mediterranean and beyond and forge itself as one of the true powers of Europe. But to do this there will be many lands and peoples to conquer - To the North lie the various Gallic and Germanic tribes and the rumoured isles of Britannia; To the West the remainder of the Carthaginian Empire smoulders, ever-ready to burst into the flames of war once again. And to the East lie the greatest treasures of all - The sophisticated Greek states; The wealthy Kingdoms of Pergamon and Pontus; The Ancient Ptolemaic Kingdom and the far-off continent of India.

The world is about to witness one of the greatest and most efficient military machines in all it's history - so will you command The Republic to greater glory, or will you defend your homeland from it? Whichever side you choose, the Republic will soon enter a period of Total War. All in the name of the city at the centre of the world. Rome.

Mod Background:Roma Victrix is a new mod for Empire: Total War, with a small but growing team. We aim to use the latest generation of community-made tools to push the boundaries of Empire: Total War modding to the next level. Empire:Total War offers many great opportunities as a modding platfrom - this mod aims to fully include India and Naval Battles, to name but a very small few of the features we will develop and introduce (And yes, we've dealt with America!). The mod is currently in a Pre-Alpha stage, and with current tools becoming more comprehensive by the minute now has the resources to enter full-scale development. Although assembling a team has begun, there are plenty of positions available. If you are interested in taking part in Roma Victrix, let us know! We need people of all skill levels - researchers, battle map editors, skinners, modelers, animators etc. We will also cater for people with no experience modding ETW, but with the enthuse to learn.

Shown below is the RV unit models gallery; as you can see all of the work to-date has been on unit models, we are soon beginning the campaign map design phase!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Latest preview videos:
    Quote Originally Posted by naxzul666 View Post
    When theatroN us screenshots, it's always great Art !
    My first video with Roma Victrix, hoping that there may be others ...
    Congratulations to Adrian74 and the team that made this mod.

On Vimeo (click on picture)

Older videos:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hers the roman faction video for those who have not follwed the unit packs thread
    and here are the celts

hi here is the beta for the romans verses celts/gauls custom battle set up

It is a beta as there are a few things that need doing but if you play the mod i am sure you will

work out what they are

I would like to thank the following who helped make this unit pack possible in one way or another,
    ferras, Halie Satanus , king Sama ,Falconpilot and T.C. who got me to have a go at making models

outside ETW time frame . If i have missed anyone out let me know.

And a few other people who gave me encouragement the likes of shugo560, pharo , medievaldue, Oggie

and a few more

This is more a showcase to hopefully get more people involved in the project for the complete ETW

overhaul ROMA VICTRIX.

The downlaod link is

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20430610/romavictrix.rar

save extract it using winwar or 7zip and then put the two files into your steam apps ETW data folder

and add to your empire script

mod "romavictrix.pack";.

hope you enjoy the models and have fun with your custom battles .

adrian

NOTE THAT THIS IS INTENDED AS A SHOWCASE BETA I.E THERE IS LITTLE BALANCING. LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH

Release preview video:

Last edited by T.C.; June 18, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Looking great Topcat, i can finaly see how this could work with the new converters! I wish you the best of luck (and the melee bug may serve to your advantage with pila!).

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

This is completely good, awesome.

great job guys!

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

If you pull this one off, me love you long time

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Nice I'm only checking in from my holidays, but I'll get on to you when I'm home
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Nice to see this up and running mate, looking forward to this

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

I'm sure you guys can do this with all the tools released now

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Looks promising Looking forward to this one.

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

me too
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks good.

Well done TopCat, good luck. 'Victory belongs to the persevering!"
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

This is great! I'm very glad someone is undertaking it, and I think its in very good hands.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

wow a roman mod for etw this is going to be ing sweeeettt!!! hope all goes well Topcat

looks good Please note these models are not in the overhaul they were my first test models to see if i could do models outside ETW time frame hope that has cleared up the issue of the egyptians . for updated egyptian models see post 132
    Last edited by adrian74; June 18, 2011 at 01:18 AM.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Wow chaps, this is quite ambitious if I may say so. I wish you the best of luck with this mod. It would be bloody amazing if you get it done.
    Most splendid sir, and keep up the good work.
    + rep to Topcat and adrian74

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Cannot believe i only just noticed this Wip,Awesome initiative Top Cat +rep
    ''Looking forward'' is an Understatement to me!!

Greetings!

Atlaas's Avatar Tiro

Topcat, I hope you realise my dream of playing Rome with nicer graphics.
    I'll follow this with great intrest.
    Cheers

Hi Oggie thanks for the rep not sure if i am part of the team on this mod yet the egyptian screen shots were my models and these ones here are too hope you like them . Have done tc a couple of models and waiting to hear what he thinks to them. But even if i am not on the team i am sure the mod will be great .
    Please note these models are not in the overhaul they were my first test models to see if i could do models outside ETW time frame hope that has cleared up the issue of the egyptians . for updated egyptian models see post 132

adrian
    Last edited by adrian74; June 18, 2011 at 01:18 AM.

Hi Oggie thanks for the rep not sure if i am part of the team on this mod yet the egyptian screen shots were my models and these ones here are too hope you like them . Have done tc a couple of models and waiting to hear what he thinks to them. But even if i am not on the team i am sure the mod will be great .
    adrian
    These are incredible! I suppose you wouldn't be willing to send me some to test?
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast