Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So... any news?
    Waiting on adrian to come back, he has the latest video
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Goody!
    What factions are already in if I may ask? Romans, Celts, Ptolemaoi and?
    OK, let's not be shy about it. Any news on the Carthaginian elephants?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

News? News? Come back Adrian!!!
    We want to play a Roman Campaign with ETW engine!!!!
    However very compliments for your great work!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    News? News? Come back Adrian!!!
    We want to play a Roman Campaign with ETW engine!!!!
    However very compliments for your great work!!!!
    I think this is at least half a year from now and more likely 1+ years. The "polishing" usually takes far more time than the rough thing.

But custom battles? That shouldn't be long IMO. Just a bit more waiting.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Any news?

Moderator Emeritus

Question:
    Could you incorporate Darthmod's AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    Any news?
    Nothing from Adrian yet, but I'll soon be getting going on the campaign.

Question:
    Could you incorporate Darthmod's AI?
    I doubt it. We'll need separate AI personalities for Barbarians, Roman, Greeks, Indians etc. It's a long way off yet, so don't quote me

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Moderator Emeritus

I mean for the battle... the BAI.

Why do you think Darth AI would work any better in what will be mostly melee battles?

Moderator Emeritus

Because I play DMUC with melee units and it does quite well. Also cavalry loves to flank etc.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

thats what tc explained For the BAI they want different personalities, they'll want barbarians to be more reckless while romans need to be better organized

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    thats what tc explained For the BAI they want different personalities, they'll want barbarians to be more reckless while romans need to be better organized
    I wasn't even aware seperate BAI personalities existed... TopCat, I'll have to ask oyu a few questions sometime
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I wasn't even aware seperate BAI personalities existed... TopCat, I'll have to ask oyu a few questions sometime
    As for personalities I was referring to CAI

Moderator Emeritus

Anyway, release it and I'll speak with Darth anyway. A couple of weeks ago he told me that his BAI is more missile oriented with melee support, but still when I play only melee battles (i.e. swordsmen, archers and cav) the BAI behaves nicely.

Anyway, release it and I'll speak with Darth anyway. A couple of weeks ago he told me that his BAI is more missile oriented with melee support, but still when I play only melee battles (i.e. swordsmen, archers and cav) the BAI behaves nicely.
    I'll probably get a proper preview together with the videos we have atm. Regardless of adrian's activity, we would need lots more modelers.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

so I was wrong in the end sorry then

Indefinitely Banned

So is top cat the only person working on this?

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    So is top cat the only person working on this?
    adrian is very much still part of this mod, he's just gone temporarily AWOL. And then there's King Sama and Falconpilot who've both offered other help. There'll be more after we get some proper previews out

adrian is very much still part of this mod, he's just gone temporarily AWOL. And then there's King Sama and Falconpilot who've both offered other help. There'll be more after we get some proper previews out
    I've sent what i've done to Adrian, but since he hasn't been here there's been no response. The stats probably need testing.

Since you're back, are you guys still planning a scustom battle release, or are you going for a more full release?