Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMA VICTRIX **Showcase Beta released**

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: ROMA VICTRIX

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Since you're back, are you guys still planning a scustom battle release, or are you going for a more full release?
    Please please! Custom battle release! Pleaaase!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I've sent what i've done to Adrian, but since he hasn't been here there's been no response. The stats probably need testing.

Since you're back, are you guys still planning a scustom battle release, or are you going for a more full release?
    Given that A.) I'm only going to be working on campaign design and possibly battle mechanics and B.)Adrian has the most up-to-date files, it's not for me to say
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

hi all sorry for the delay something happened family wise so modding had to take a back seat.
    but all sorted now so back on track,
    before my problems happened made a few models here they are in game

heres a couple more and a couple still in milkshape for india.
    will downlaos the custom battle rome celts this week too and that should alll being well be released this weekend

hi TC will get back to video again for you should get it done this week by sunday anyway sorry for the delay

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Hurraahhh! the Megas one has returned ! i have sent you a gift oh great one

Is the first image post#185 some sort of Armenian, Parthian or even Pontic light infantrymen. Maybe even Seleukia but please do tell me
    Last edited by medievaldude; June 05, 2011 at 07:49 PM.

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

thanks medievaldude do have some other new models in game they will be in the preview video i am doing for TC

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    will downlaos the custom battle rome celts this week too and that should alll being well be released this weekend

So... this weekend we will have the first custom battle between Celts and Romans?
    Cool. I'll do a siege in a wooden fort!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Indefinitely Banned

THE GODS HAVE GRANTED US A GIFT and its ardian 74

hi medievaldude forgot to answer the first one is for either Armenian or Parthian they are a few infantry models and an imortal so could be used for either.

hi alhoon yes all being well this weekend even if its just a beta . wooden forts are ok though you got to remember if missile troops man the walls then they will also man the cannons Indian artillery fort works well too though again the cannons lol

thanks pharoh
    will read few the previous posts in the morning and get back to anything i have missed but my bed time

Moderator Emeritus

Wooden forts have cannons?

Oh man this looks great I can't wait! I'll definetly be keeping an eye on this thread, nice job and best of luck!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Nice job! thanks for the news! Really nice done!

Vezon's Avatar Miles

That first picture is terrific! What units are those?

Moderator Emeritus

Adrian:
    Don't forget to include a front page announcement of this when you release the beta this week.

Put "beta version of mod for ETW" in the end.
    That way 95% of those seeing a screenshot of Romans fighting celts would go "Wooow! R2TW announced!" before they see it's just your work.

I'm pretty sure that even a custom battle beta will draw immense interest to this mod. Frankly, whomever I told about this mod was interested.
    Once the map gurus manage to break up the map (France, Spain 3-4 regions, Egypt, Persia, Anatolia 2-3 regions, Cyrpus and Sicily autonomous), this mod will be ... well, what I would want from R2TW.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 05, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Wooden forts have cannons?
    I'm pretty sure the forts can be changed at least abit, I've seen kunguserge put wooden trees on the tops to feel them more real, the cannons should be erasable I think. But do we really need forts in a rome era mod?

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Splendidly done mate! I hope all is well with your family now?
    Take your time, your models look superb

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi all sorry for the delay something happened family wise so modding had to take a back seat.
    but all sorted now so back on track,
    before my problems happened made a few models here they are in game
    Great to see you Of course family must always come first
    Lets have a chat on MSN whenever you can, I'd love a catch up

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    I'm pretty sure the forts can be changed at least abit, I've seen kunguserge put wooden trees on the tops to feel them more real, the cannons should be erasable I think. But do we really need forts in a rome era mod?
    For my custom battle sure. The Romans had wooden forts after all, with a nice ditch around them.

Anyone feel like helping towards the preview? I'd be glad if someone could trawl back through the last 10 pages and gather all of adrian's photos into a gallery - I'm only back at my computer to get examination marking schemes

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Anyone feel like helping towards the preview? I'd be glad if someone could trawl back through the last 10 pages and gather all of adrian's photos into a gallery - I'm only back at my computer to get examination marking schemes
    might be able to do that tomorrow for u, depends on my time