Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: terrain tiles and splines?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: terrain tiles and splines?

What do you mean with Algeria map walls?
    Algeria is actual the only map (for ntw and etw) which has those fences, so they are the only possibility to research this issue.. thats why i refer to them, as "algeria walls".

Primergy, which file you copy to the custom map? buildings list or the props list?
    None of both.

Fences, Walls and field props (if used in a farm_template) are placed via the farms.farm_manager file. Actually it's a bit complicated to get hands on this file of the algeria map and only possible with Taw's Tools (A big thank you taw!).
    You also have edit a bit of his code to get the file extracted.
    If you want i could send you a xml file of the farm_manager and a already converted version, so you can try around yourself (as long as ntw still uses the same technqiue).
    Last edited by Primergy; December 09, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

So by any chance has anyone picked up on this and tried to place their own walls?
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    So by any chance has anyone picked up on this and tried to place their own walls?
    I am not sure if Primergy still has the tools/files he mentioned. I had looked at this in the past but not having all the applications to do so, mainly a functional 3dsmax, I opted to use Excel (the most powerful NTW tool) and placed all of the ACW mod fences as 'buildings', non-colliding, which Primergy converted for me back in 2012/13.

So far, this is the only 'easy' way to do so and I do have some Excel master files I can get to you. These are auto-calculation templates that you input start and end coordinates and it does the rest... sort of... LOL, it's manual labor, but functional.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12