Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

Default Re: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

@ Point Blank

and

@ k/t

Found an article which clarified the historical issue for me:

At the beginning of the 16th century, the arquebus was considered a general-purpose firearm. It generally weighed ten pounds or less--no heavier than a modern assault rifle ... on the other hand, the musket was a much heavier weapon devised by Spanish gunsmiths to achieve greater penetration against both steel armor and the wooden planks of naval vessels ... "musket" was at first reserved specifically for a specialized type of heavy infantry firearm but eventually grew to encompass the general-purpose firearms as well
    http://l-clausewitz.livejournal.com/221137.html

So now there are no more Late Musketeers with flintlocks?

Its just a name change.

Hey, this might be a random question but is your next version going to tone down the heretics in the game by any chance?

There is no need to, because in the RR/RC compilation the heretics and settlement growth rates aren't complete BS. Heretics that spawn never have more than 3 or 4 piety. I am still uncertain how the patch will be compatible with 6.4. I'm guessing you'll be able to download 6.4 and slap the RR/RC patch on top?

A name change? But there already were Late Arquebusiers. They were stronger than Arquebusiers, but weaker than Musketeers.

This will just go over the top of 6.4.

Early Arquebusiers-> Arquebusiers->Late Arquebusiers.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    There is no need to, because in the RR/RC compilation the heretics and settlement growth rates aren't complete BS. Heretics that spawn never have more than 3 or 4 piety. I am still uncertain how the patch will be compatible with 6.4. I'm guessing you'll be able to download 6.4 and slap the RR/RC patch on top?
    Great to hear. Really looking forward to trying this out when released.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Looking forward to seeing a new update! Take your time PB.
    Last edited by YD23; April 25, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Just wondering will you keep stuff like battle for the Baltic and the 1450 campaign?

Battle For The Baltic is a different submod, which is not yet compatible with 6.4.

The original BftB is included, that was for 6.1 I think.

It is? Where? But even if it is, it won't work for 6.4 until CC makes a new version, no?

I love your work and truly apperate the detail in it. Yet I do wonder what are the newest things your blending together and balancing out in this super mod and ofc when will it be avialble for testing and download?
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Read the last few pages of the stickied and last-to-be-modified threads and you'll get the answers to both questions.

If I took the time to post a question ... the I certainly did not find what I looking for in the post I replied in.

Yet , thank you so much for taking the 2 min to reply in such a wonderfully welcome way KT
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

It's the proper way to answer questions that are asked all the time and questions that should not be asked in the first place.

PB can you please clarify:
    Is this compilation compatible with SS 6.4?
    If I install it, will it screw my mod?

I would really like to give it a try.

Install over the top of SS6.1 with RR and BGR options UNTICKED.

It really couldn't be any clearer.

In terms of which version to install on, at least. Those unticked options refer to the 6.1 installation.

So the only way to play this Submod is to uninstall SS 6.4 and reinstall SS 6.1 ???

I would really love to keep 6.4 and add this compilation on top.

Please confirm this.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

That is correct.
    Point Blank is currently working on updating this Submod Compilation for 6.4, but it is a monumental undertaking. For now, it is only compatible with 6.1. Soon (hopefully), it will be updated for 6.4.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!