Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

well, apparently, you can't use the latest version of RR/RC with ss6.3, which is a pity.

PB is working on RR/RC for TATW 2.1 right now, then he will see whether he will tackle 6.3.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    PB is working on RR/RC for TATW 2.1 right now, then he will see whether he will tackle 6.3.
    thank for info. i think ss6.3 deserves upgrade since it's becoming a new standard.

I've just starting playing this latest version with Byg 4e installed.
    I've noticed that the levels of civil disorder seem too high compared with previous versions. Every settlement I conquer stays below 25-50% happiness and revolts after about 3 turns. Even when I massacre the population and put a good governor and full stack of troops in a city it has no effect.
    I'm guessing this is due to Germanicu5' assimilation script?
    I'm playing on vh/vh so should I just start a new game with lower difficulty?
    Otherwise is it possible to disable/delete the script?
    I like the idea behind it but whats been happening in my game makes it virtually unplayable.
    Thanks

Did you convert the population ahead of time and put spies in the settlement after you conquered it in order to root out the enemy ones? And lower taxes?

On my user page, Soul Blade left instructions for deleting scripts.

Perhaps not as thoroughly as I could have done, but when my soldiers outnumber the population of a massacred town 2:1 I'd hope they could keep order a little better.
    I really liked the assimilation script in previous games but in my current games its just too much.

Just cut the assimilation script from this version and put in the one from the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by olekk View Post
    Nice mod this RC is (RR probably too but I haven't had time to learn to appreciate it as much yet ).

I've been reading through the RealCombat 1.8 Guide.pdf attached to the download and there are some things in the EDU that I don't understand:

1. Some units have higher armor value they seemingly should have according to the guide (and the "new armor system"). Take Gothic Knights for
    example. Gothic Knights have 25 in armor and they start with armor level 24 which gives 15 points in armor +6 for the armored horse and
    that's 21. Where are the remaining 4 points from? Is that with the two remaining upgrade levels included i.e. 26 and 27?

Using NEW ARMOR SYSTEM file in SS6 folder:
    GK has armor upgrade 24(15) + pre-included improved metallurgy (2) + armored horse (8) (See descr_mount file for mount armor values).

Here is another example. The Lancers start with level 24 and mount an armored horse. That gives 15+6=21 points. And they have 27 points. I
    understand that their maximilian armor is supposed to be somewhat better than the gothic armor but where does the remaining of the 6 points difference come from?

Lancers are same as GK but also include Thicker Armor (2) by default, but its not good to have armor upgrades as say 23, 24, 27, 26. The first 3 are included already so armor upgrades are just 24, 26.

2. The second question is about the rule in the guide saying
    "To the Base Charge Value, add 1 if Superior or Elite quality, and subtract 1 if Militia or
    Peasant quality." Does this also apply to lances for cavalry or only the secondary weapon?

It only applies to foot units. I should have made that clear.

3. The third question is why do the Gothic Knights have 3 in secondary weapon charge when the calculation should look like this:
    2 (base charge for mace) +1 (superior or above) -1 (armored horse*) = 2

Axes, maces and light swords on horseback receive a charge bonus of 4, -1 for slow (Armored) horse.

*according to this rule:
    "Fast Pony, Eastern Horse: +1 Charge for secondary weapons and non-couched lances.
    Mailed, Eastern Armored, Armored Horse: -1 Charge for secondary weapons and
    non-couched lances."
    There is much that needs updating in that guide, I just have no time at the moment
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 24, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

Yeah, some of the numbers are screwy, like the armor of Scholarii. I added up the numbers but came up 2 short. 6+5+2+5 = 18, not 20. Is there another padding that's 2? I think I read in the CBUR forum that they had a padded jacket, then the two armors, then another padded jacket.

There must be something that PB forgot to tell us about.
    Heavy mail 6 (+1 def) + lamellar 5 + extra padding 2 + cataphract armored horse 7

Multi-Layer Armor Penalty: -1 attack, -1 defense, +15 attack delay

Heat Penalty: +2 for first additional layer, eg cataphract
    +1 for second additional layer, eg super-heavy cataphract

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    but my question stand still, if a unit is upgraded to certain armor, will it have the exact same armor -in values/rating, I guess we can ignore the looks- to another unit that already have that armor as their base armor?
    As much as is possible yes this is the case.

i know you don't have time but do you intend to update rr/rc for ss6.3 in future?

As I have already told you once, and as bane has already told you once, and, as I suspect, several other people have already told you once or several times, yes.

As I have already told you once, and as bane has already told you once, and, as I suspect, several other people have already told you once or several times, yes.
    I meant asking PB, not you. however, if you speak on his behalf-sorry i didn't know.

I'm telling you what he said in other threads. Those are his plans.

oh i see. ok!

Hi,
    i've a couble of questions. After some searching I'd found nothing that satisfied me in the relevant threads. Mostly found posts are a way to old, refer to an older RR/RC version or just no proper information was given. Hope someone can do the job. Thanks in advance.

So here we go:

Does the mention of Germanicus Battle AI in the update notes mean that:

- newest available version of Germanicus Really Bad AI is included in this final RR/RC version ?

and if so:

- whats up with the AI-Switcher ? is it already active or must it installed seperatly ?

if not:

- can I install the latest Bad AI version (guess Oct 30 for RR/RC) over this final RR/RC version without any harm ?

Thanks again in advance for some clear answers. Hopefully.

Hi,im argentinian(so i speak spanish)please excuse my bad english .I had a big problem,i've started a campaing whit venice,and it runs fine,but when i want to play a battle,the game chashes.what can i do to solve it? i've installed the rr/rc compilation,the june 22 hotfix,and the august 13 update.Please,help me!!!!

Upload the log.

I'll assume you installed everything correctly. Have you?

Probably like me he have a bad videocard. Because that game cant manage to much polys to compute. Close all aplications, defrag hard disk, lower graficsetings and dont play 3 stacks versus 3 stacks.
    Use lower setings, lower unit size and things like that. Will help you a lot. I play more 6.3 just because I cant manage RR-RC latest in my computer now. Sadly.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

I've already played with minimum graphics,but it dosn't work.Here's the log:
    13:35:00.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_denmark_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.781 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_scotland_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.812 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_france_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.843 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_antioch_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.875 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_hre_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.906 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_england_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.937 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_jerusalem_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:00.968 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_poland_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.000 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_hungary_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.015 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_russia_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.046 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_rebels_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.078 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_england_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.187 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_spain_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.218 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_portugal_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.250 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_venice_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.281 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_milan_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.312 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_papal_states_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.343 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_sicily_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/late_northern_captain_byzantium_strat.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_egypt.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.437 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_moors.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.468 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_timurid.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.500 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_turks.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.515 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_mongols.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_rebels.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.578 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/islamic_captain_turks.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.687 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/Fancy_Captain_antioch.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.718 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/Fancy_Captain_jerusalem.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.734 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/Fancy_Captain_venice.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:01.765 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/Fancy_Captain_rebels.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.343 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/resource_apples.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/resource_persian_paper.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.375 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/resource_persian_rug.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/resource_glass.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.406 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/resource_weapons.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/residences/textures/islamic_stone_fort.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    13:35:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/residences/textures/crusader_stone_fort.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_jerusalem.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_antioch.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.765 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:03.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    13:35:03.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    13:35:03.937 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    13:35:04.031 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/banners/symbols9.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:08.781 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:08.796 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:10.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:11.312 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    13:47:11.312 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    13:47:11.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    13:47:11.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    13:47:11.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    13:47:11.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    13:47:11.500 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    13:47:11.515 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    13:47:12.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    it looks like a lot of archives are missing,but i've installed everything correctly.....
    I know it's not my video card,because i've played in the old version,and all works fine,any idea???