Thread: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

Nice mod this RC is (RR probably too but I haven't had time to learn to appreciate it as much yet ).

I've been reading through the RealCombat 1.8 Guide.pdf attached to the download and there are some things in the EDU that I don't understand:

1. Some units have higher armor value they seemingly should have according to the guide (and the "new armor system"). Take Gothic Knights for
    example. Gothic Knights have 25 in armor and they start with armor level 24 which gives 15 points in armor +6 for the armored horse and
    that's 21. Where are the remaining 4 points from? Is that with the two remaining upgrade levels included i.e. 26 and 27?

Here is another example. The Lancers start with level 24 and mount an armored horse. That gives 15+6=21 points. And they have 27 points. I
    understand that their maximilian armor is supposed to be somewhat better than the gothic armor but where does the remaining of the 6 points difference come from?

2. The second question is about the rule in the guide saying
    "To the Base Charge Value, add 1 if Superior or Elite quality, and subtract 1 if Militia or
    Peasant quality." Does this also apply to lances for cavalry or only the secondary weapon?

3. The third question is why do the Gothic Knights have 3 in secondary weapon charge when the calculation should look like this:
    2 (base charge for mace) +1 (superior or above) -1 (armored horse*) = 2

*according to this rule:
    "Fast Pony, Eastern Horse: +1 Charge for secondary weapons and non-couched lances.
    Mailed, Eastern Armored, Armored Horse: -1 Charge for secondary weapons and
    non-couched lances."
    Last edited by olekk; August 29, 2010 at 04:36 PM.