Thread: Adding Units to Smaller Nations

Libertus

Default Adding Units to Smaller Nations

Hey I love playing as nations starting small and ending large ie: German city states / Random Emergents, so I was wondering if there was a way I could add units to their rosters. Also I was wondering if it were possible to add another construction slot in some town so you could build another theatre/barrack/magistrate/Artillery factory.

Thanks!

Default Re: Adding Units to Smaller Nations

You can try playing any sub-mod of Startpos Mods (Balkan, Iberian, Scandinavian). All factions have many units.

If you want to add to another minor faction extra units, check my mod pack of a sub-mod, following the entries of a certain faction and try to understand how you have to make the db/tables. Or copy mine and just change the faction references accordingly where ever you meet them. You can find tutorials about that but they are not clear at all...

For adding building slots in cities see my tutorial here.
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 11, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    If you want to add to another minor faction extra units, check my mod pack of a sub-mod, following the entries of a certain faction and try to understand how you have to make the db/tables. Or copy mine and just change the faction references accordingly where ever you meet them. You can find tutorials about that but they are not clear at all...
    could I use this to say add light infantry to a faction or jaegers or something?

Libertus

and where is your mod pack of a submod?

Download Startpos Mods.

Libertus

I saw this and it looks cool however I really enjoy the European grand campaign if I were to put this in would units still be more varied for countries in the european grand campaign?

Startpos Mods is about European Grand campaign. Every sub-mod has new stuff and introduce some new factions like Serbia, Croatia, Basques, Finland, etc. in a specific territory of Europe, e.g. Balkan, Iberia or Scandinavia (sub-mods). In any case you play in Grand Campaign.

Libertus

the startpos mods are very cool, great job, however I was wondering if there was a way I could undo the limit to the number of units of a specific infantry for instance Basque line infantry in the iberian mod

Libertus

also I was trying to play as finland and the capital I got was edinborough in scotland normal or crazy?

Libertus

hmm it seems the different mods were all working earlier but I tried again just now and it is just regular napoleon total factions, none of the scandinavia balkan or iberian mods work. Any idea? I changed user script, it doesnt crash, it just goes to NTF.

Start NTF and choose vanilla game. After game is loaded go in game's menu and exit. Now try Startpos Mods.

Libertus

It works! thanks! Was wondering if you can shut off the limit number for units, is it possible?

Yes in db/units table:

Libertus

awesome how do I get to this table?

If you are talking about vanilla, it is now in patch4.pack. You have to make a new mod pack where you will have the db/units table with the units you like to change and then make the change of limits. If it is your first attempt, look this guide here and if you need further help post your questions here.