Thread: Civil War Generals Group!

Icon7 Civil War Generals Group!

Civil War Generals

A steam community group has been created for ACW mod enthusiasts to meet and organize epic battles and AARs! This great mod truly deserves an active, interconnected community of fans and players. I know there are some out there eager for opponents. Join us on the battlefield!
    Last edited by Ostheim; August 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Default Re: Civil War Generals Group!

General of the Week

[GOR] fishman50

If you could step into the shoes of a historical Civil War general, who would it be and why?

I am tempted to say Burnside merely for the facial hair, but in all seriousness I would say Sherman. I have always wanted to do his march to the sea. It makes the most sense of all the campaigns. The only way to wage war is total war and that's what he was doing.

What is your single most favorite elite unit in ACW mod and why?

Hood's Texans, I am a recently converted Texan so you have to give props to your home state.

Recall your most epic and decisive battle in The Blue and the Gray. Who was involved and what were the defining moments?

I would say our last battle. It was kp, myself, mthld, and jokerguy. When mthld tried to break through my right flank, he sent 5 infantry units against it and I had only one infantry and a cavalry unit. He forgot to tie up my middle with units, so I shifted 3 units to get behind the fight. I had my one infantry unit to fall back and as soon as he was behind my lines I opened fire with 3 units in close range, inflicting heavy damage. Routed all 5 of them and the battle was pretty much over.

What advice would you give a player adjusting to the units and tactics of the ACW mod?

Flank flank flank! Keep your distance, don't get too close, and infantry will always beat cavalry in a straight fight. That's it, I don't want to reveal all of my tricks, people may start beating me

What do you like most about The Blue and the Gray mod and what do you want to see most in a future release?

I love how bloody the battles are. Short of the campaign, which I know is coming soon, I would like to see more variation between the units. Maybe give elite units better range or a faster rate of fire not just better accuracy. Also elite artillery!

Thank you fishman for participating in the community! See you on the battlefield!

Laetus

General of the Week

Jokerguy

If you could step into the shoes of a historical Civil War general, who would it be and why?

James Ewell Brown "Jeb" Stuart what can I say I love my cavalry, they are the eyes of the army.

What is your single most favorite elite unit in ACW mod and why?

Hood's Texans, got to give it up for your home state.

Recall your most epic and decisive battle in The Blue and the Gray. Who was involved and what were the defining moments?

Dam that's a hard one. Well I think it was on shiloh map the one of the few times we got it to work. I think fisman was there and Ostheim but not sure who else. We tried something new, I had all the infantry and my other team mate had all the cav and arty and well it was a pain in the ass but we did manage to push back there line on right. Bang. Crashes. lmao, but it was epic ......! so many troops !!

What advice would you give a player adjusting to the units and tactics of the ACW mod?

Well, you said "flank" last time so I guess I cant say that. So, I guess cavalry is so very important, it can turn the tide of battle but don't just charge head on into infantry.

What do you like most about The Blue and the Gray mod and what do you want to see most in a future release?

Well, I like the whole enemy is invisible idea that is coming for 2.1, should be cool. As for the game itself, it's awesome just awesome cant just pick something from uniforms to the music.

Thank you Jokerguy for participating in the community! See you on the battlefield!

Civil War Generals steam group is hosting a ACW tournament this sunday all player welcome come out and join us on the battlefield any questions head to the steam page and posy a comment.......holding a meeting tonight 8 pm CST

CWG Tournament August 2010 is in progress and the group has reached 30 members! Get your boots dirty and join us!