Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient World: Total War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Ancient World: Total War

GO HERE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=531973

Hello. I am Agamemnon. I have always wanted to make a series of mods that accurately re-create the ancient world on the RTW game engine. The first one, Ancient World: Total War, is in the beta production stage. The campaign will take place from the time of the Israelite invasion of Canaan to the time of the rise of Babylon. The mod team will be led by Cannibalking and I (jointly, because each of us had an idea for half a mod and we put them together), and anyone who wishes to join is advised to PM me.
    The start date will be 1,200 BC. I hope you have a Bible handy, cause a lot of our events, factions and units will come out of Judges and Kings!

UPDATE: We have resumed work and will hopefully release something eventually. In addition, we have moved to Mediaeval II Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; April 08, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Ancient World: Total War

Ancient World: Total War Developing team) List is not yet finished)
    Under construction.
    Last edited by Cannibalking; July 14, 2011 at 06:14 AM.

Official Faction List :
    Under construction.
    Last edited by Cannibalking; July 14, 2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Updating...

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

We will be using the Spartan: Total War map, if possible, and that map includes pretty much everything east of Greece to India (though it is much more detailed than Alex map).
    Correction: the map is from my mod, Persian Invasion (links in my sig), which was used without my permission for the short-lived Spartan: Total War. You have my permission to use it for your mod (which is looking good so far) as long as the credit goes to Persian Invasion.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade_general View Post
    Correction: the map is from my mod, Persian Invasion (links in my sig), which was used without my permission for the short-lived Spartan: Total War. You have my permission to use it for your mod (which is looking good so far) as long as the credit goes to Persian Invasion.

Thank you.
    Thanks. I knew it was from Persian Invasion (Spartan Total War says Persian Invasion all over it, literally), and I was looking for a member of your team, but I thought that the mod was dead. Can we modify it, though? Just because most of the settlements are in Greece and we need them all over the Mediterranian coast.
    Also, thanks Strategos.
    Here are the units that I am thinking about using for the mod *TEAM MEMBERS ONLY PLEASE DOWNLOAD*. They're only pics, so even if you disobey, you'll only get a bunch of Troy Total War pics.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; August 18, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Agammemnon View Post
    Thanks. I knew it was from Persian Invasion (Spartan Total War says Persian Invasion all over it, literally), and I was looking for a member of your team, but I thought that the mod was dead. Can we modify it, though? Just because most of the settlements are in Greece and we need them all over the Mediterranian coast.
    I know right, nothing like stealing someone's work and leaving their name all over it.
    But yeah, PI is in beta stasis, I am essentially the team, and yes, you may definitely modify the map to fit your needs.

[QUOTE=We will be using the Spartan: Total War map, if possible, and that map includes pretty much everything east of Greece to India (though it is much more detailed than Alex map).[/QUOTE]
    King, can you change this to Persian Invasion map? Just to make our new friend happy to see the right name on his mod.

Under construction.
    Last edited by Cannibalking; July 14, 2011 at 06:15 AM.

Good luck with this guys, perhaps ask around for unit types in other mods, aristeia and rop will probably have all you need, and of course you can use anything we at stw have in our large repertories.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Icon11 Re: Ancient World: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalking View Post
    Faction Symbols:

Greeks

This model isnt historical correct. The soldiers didn't had Corinthian helmet style, they looked in that period more like this:
    Maybe this is for making it more historical correct?

Thanks. A lot of my units will probably be coming from STWIII (yes, I kept the old one). At least the Eastern units will, I don't know about greeks.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; August 09, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Well if you prefer slimmer limbs then use models from RTR or RS although they may be too late? Perhaps you should set a starting date so people know what kind of units you need.
    Last edited by Amorphos; August 09, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I've never tried rise of persia. it would probably work, though. Precisly what would I need to re-texture something?

edited
    Last edited by Agamemnon; August 09, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Delete
    Last edited by Agamemnon; August 12, 2010 at 07:51 AM.

Agammemnon, this is not a private forum like our dev forum is, so please don’t add files that are not public as yet. Those models are unfinished and have clipping issues so you need to wait until they are sorted before using them ~ and ask permission from their creator as they have not been released yet. When I say you can use anything in Sparta what I mean is anything that has been released, sorry I should have made that clear.

the sparta map is borrowed from RS so you will need to get permission from them eventually.

I know you are new to modding but these things are basic moders etiquette, so you need to learn them.

edited
    Last edited by Cannibalking; August 09, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

For your first version I would suggest no more than 10 factions, and around 12-15 units per faction, you can always expand more for the next version. Also check to see if anyone else are making the same or similar mod e.g. troy tw, aristeia tw, or Assyria tw etc? if you want people to join your team you will need something different that makes your mod special, or you will have to complete it yourselves [which usually happens anyway] and thats gonna take at least a year.

Bronze Age Total War sounds a lot like it, but ours will be more detailed and will have more regions. I would also like to add scripts for different invasions, though I don't know how. I would also like to use the persian invasion map, not the STW map, sorry, but I can't seem to find the Spartan Total War or Persian Invasion makers.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; August 11, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agammemnon View Post
    I TYPED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!
    Bronze Age Total War sounds a lot like it, but ours will be more detailed and will have more regions. I would also like to add scripts for different invasions, though I don't know how. I would also like to use the persian invasion map, not the STW map, sorry, but I can't seem to find the Spartan Total War or Persian Invasion makers.
    Agammemnon I've a list towards the top the Thread, it has all of that. Also, Faction symbols, which I'm working on, Time period, and team. Take a look. You should delete that post because it's just taking up space.

QUETZ: The time frame is in the second post.

Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast