Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer /-/ Dol amroth Preview

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Divide and Conquer /-/ Dol amroth Preview

and here it is! congratulations Emprees Sqk!
    well done! +rep to you and Poo for descriptions

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Yes, give Pooh all the credit he deserves!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Nimrodel Sentinels <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are excelent,everything is very and very good just look to such a script:Kalmar union,maybe it can help with a peaceful unification of Gondor and Doll-Amroth...

They look really good squeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    They look really good squeaks.

Am talking to Bela*Bela, but I don't think this is the point of DA in many ways...will talk though and always listen

Looks Good Squeaks!

Excellent Job!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrummer View Post
    Looks Good Squeaks!

Excellent Job!
    Thanks....Secret Squeaky Club Rules!!
    Last edited by Squeaks; August 27, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by son of romans View Post
    They are excelent,everything is very and very good just look to such a script:Kalmar union,maybe it can help with a peaceful unification of Gondor and Doll-Amroth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Am talking to Bela*Bela, but I don't think this is the point of DA in many ways...will talk though and always listen
    The idea is not bad, not at all. But as there are limited faction slots, we must have had to do some very hard decisions and in order to use as many slots as possible, there will be another solution for the peaceful cooperation of Dol Amroth and Gondor. You will see it, and we can just hope you will like it.

Very nice units and descriptions Squeaks and Pooh, good job!
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Great work as always squeak! and well written descriptions Poo.

Thanks....Secret Squeaky Club Rules!!
    Absolutly

May I say how strong the new revamp'd Dol Amroth knights and men-at-arms look in their fine steel armour all metallic with the blue in their cloth dye and accoutriments. Well done Galadrielsqueak! The variation other than the 'Swan Vestas Matches' symbol is also spot on.

Keep up your tremendous work - as always.

Mr*T

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

WoW just WoW,even Gondor will look like cavemen compared with the armies of Dol Amroth or they will get some sqk love?

Oustanding work.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Those Nimrodel Sentinels Are The Sex.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    WoW just WoW,even Gondor will look like cavemen compared with the armies of Dol Amroth or they will get some sqk love?

Oustanding work.
    Nah...I's say Gondor are as good as it gets really. There's no Squeakification of Gondor, just Saladin's feudal units.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel of the 32nd Foot View Post
    Those Nimrodel Sentinels Are The Sex.
    Well, what DO you you say about that? Sexy Nimrodel? Hope they fight as well as be sexy....should be able to.

IT's quite horrid to see my DA units all dead on the floor; they're too pretty to die.... Playing is fun though!

Nah...I's say Gondor are as good as it gets really. There's no Squeakification of Gondor, just Saladin's feudal units.
    Since the mod is quite a long time from release maybe you can contact Taro_M and maybe you can get a few Gondor units if needed to round up the roster,he's work is very good.

What about a few leather/chainmail units for Dol Amroth or they will be the medieval robocop faction?

Your work is one of the best mate.

Since the mod is quite a long time from release maybe you can contact Taro_M and maybe you can get a few Gondor units if needed to round up the roster,he's work is very good.
    Yes, it is! I think Taro's helped a lot of peoplke too...I kno Sal speaks very highly of him.

What about a few leather/chainmail units for Dol Amroth or they will be the medieval robocop faction?
    Heh,,,good question. It won't be having any more units as it's still a minor faction as such. It will be eable to get low-tier gondor units, so it not that bad....I may even slightly alter them actually, thinking about it, but that's another story.

{quote]Your work is one of the best mate.[/QUOTE]

Errrm. Don't know what to say to THAT! It's okay, and the mate bit I've come to terms with over the last 6 months...but thank you! Nice of you to say. I think there are far better ones out there...

Yes, it is! I think Taro's helped a lot of peoplke too...I kno Sal speaks very highly of him.
    The new units are very nice - the full plated zweihanders are so nice,mybe i will bride you with lots of rep to include that in your Ubermod - but i am sure that the DAC team might ask for the units if they need any,after all you guys are making an Ubermod.

Heh,,,good question. It won't be having any more units as it's still a minor faction as such. It will be eable to get low-tier gondor units, so it not that bad....I may even slightly alter them actually, thinking about it, but that's another story.
    You can change one or two units if you like or you can make like 3 or 4 of them recrutable in only 1 or 2 locations so your main armies will be made from low tier gondor units your other units that can be recruited everywhere.
    Giving a bit of thought about balance early one is not bad,we all love full plated armies but one you can spam it the fun of kind of goes away,you must make the player work hard to get one of those armies(you know that we tend to go for the best units most of the time,those are the first that are in the que),always look at Dol Amroth if new units are ready to be shipped to the front lines and after those units have been shipped you can be happy that you have the majority of that army in plate armour

Errrm. Don't know what to say to THAT! It's okay, and the mate bit I've come to terms with over the last 6 months...but thank you! Nice of you to say. I think there are far better ones out there...
    You know the saying:''Give to the Caesar what belongs to the Caesar''
    You are also very frindly and speak with the players,this counts as much as your skill in the eyes of the community.

The new units are very nice - the full plated zweihanders are so nice,mybe i will bride you with lots of rep to include that in your Ubermod - but i am sure that the DAC team might ask for the units if they need any,after all you guys are making an Ubermod.
    Well, we flet with Gondor that we wanted to concentrate a lot more on the fiefs, as they're a major part of it's nature, so with the DA units Gondor has the privelege of using (not all of course), we have a pretty full roster. I'll look into the AUM to see if there is stuff we could use, but it's really up to them, I REALLY wouldn't want to take anything they do and belittle it in the mass of new Gondor stuff; to do them disrespect would be appalling.

You can change one or two units if you like or you can make like 3 or 4 of them recrutable in only 1 or 2 locations so your main armies will be made from low tier gondor units your other units that can be recruited everywhere.
    Well we have some Osgiliath aor units, which aren't super high tier, that should go part-way, and the fiefs. BUT yes, could fiddle with militia for Gondor.

Giving a bit of thought about balance early one is not bad,we all love full plated armies but one you can spam it the fun of kind of goes away,you must make the player work hard to get one of those armies(you know that we tend to go for the best units most of the time,those are the first that are in the que),always look at Dol Amroth if new units are ready to be shipped to the front lines and after those units have been shipped you can be happy that you have the majority of that army in plate armour
    Well the front lines for DA will be the Corsairs and Harad really, although there are events that see Gondor and Mordor as their focus too. Yes, of course we all want the high tier stuff...it's just so nice! I'd rather fight with Fountain Court guard than some militia, but you get upset when they die horribly!!

You know the saying:''Give to the Caesar what belongs to the Caesar''
    You are also very frindly and speak with the players,this counts as much as your skill in the eyes of the community.
    Really? People like me ??! That's really sweet - of course I speak with people..the sub-mod's for you and your opinion is something very valid and important. I know that sounds soppy, but then I suppose I am. Seriously, if you don#'t like the ideas and models, then why force them on you? It's as case of I want/we want every faction to be an 'oooh. I'll defintely play them...and them...and them' - no point i n having fillers that are not to be played by anyone...

Btyeeeee

Squeak out!

Campidoctor

Secret Squeaky Club Rules!!
    yiir

yes it does! *secret pawshake* ahem....