Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer /-/ Dol amroth Preview

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Re: Divide and Conquer /-/ Dol amroth Preview

Last of the eight AoR Dol Amroth units....have a peek, and you'll see that there's a unique missile unit there for them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

oh,cool
    they look great

I wanted to point any guests that visit here to my other units in the DaC teaser thread...there are 20+ units in there, and some of Saladin's great work too. I will try to update soon with models that haven't been placed yet.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=364802

Thanks.

heh,you really want them to see that dont you?its the 2nd time you say that

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    heh,you really want them to see that dont you?its the 2nd time you say that
    Oh nuts....my memory, as you'll come to work out is appalling. I forget everything!

Well, yes I do.....working a LOT and knowing no one's going to see them for months is hard....so when you can show off at least some of your units, it's a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Oh nuts....my memory, as you'll come to work out is appalling. I forget everything!

Well, yes I do.....working a LOT and knowing no one's going to see them for months is hard....so when you can show off at least some of your units, it's a breath of fresh air.
    at least youll be praised/worshipped when its released right?

So what will be previewed next for this faction?

the descriptions i think?hmmm...

Or maybe some ancillaries, IIRC Eol was the ancillary guy, so I'm looking forward to see what he has done for this faction in all those months.

I think Eol has been working on new Umbar units.

He might have some ancillaries for DA. I don't know.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Gotta say once again that Squeaky works wonders with her units, yo. Eol is a great dude as well. I'm sure that DAC will be an amazing submod when it's finally released. From what I hear the fires of Isengard the DAC team is working really hard.

We will be posting the descriptions and some events over the next couple of days, and have a couple of extra units for you, and some reworking of the others to be shown in total. The preview will carry on...sorry about the stall, we're all knackered

Pooh will be posting some descriptions tonight.

Ok, here are the first description of the Dol Amroth Units. Their most famous Unit.

Name: Swan Knights of Dol Amroth
    Weapons and Equipment: Lance, Sword, Shield, Helmet, Plate and Scale Armour

Short Unit Description: The Swan Knights are the Elite Cavalry of Dol Amroth. They are the mightiest warriors of the City.

Long Unit Description:

Famed for their bravery and valour the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth are unmatched upon the field of battle. Tall, grey-eyed and dark-haired each one of the knights is drawn from the ruling houses of Dol Amroth. Although small in number, when the Swan Knights take to the field, hope is stirred in even the most troubled hearts of men. For upon their grey steeds in full harness, with gilded banners bearing the White Ship and Silver Swan, the nobles of Dol Amroth are a sight to behold. Fair and stern, they trace their ancestry from the noble blood of Númenór, and ride into battle resplendent in armour of great craftsmanship and carry tall lances and burnished shields.

Few can stand against the mighty charge of the Swan Knights; those that hold are soon dispatched with swords forged in the smithies of Númenór of old. The Nobles of Dol Amroth are unsurpassed in their skill at arms in the world of men and once committed to battle they will not flee from any foe, even the foulest of the Dark Lord's servants. The most experienced and mightiest of the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth have the honour of accompanying the Prince of the City into battle.
    Last edited by Poosticks7; August 15, 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

As I had pointed for some months now, stunning work Squeaks

Senator

awesome work guys! long live DAC! stay tuned everyone, the fires of isengard are always burning!

Next up the elite infantry of Dol Amroth.

Name: Wardens of Tirith Aear
    Weapons and Equipment: Spear, Shield, Helmet, Mail and Plate Armour
    AOR: Dol Amroth

Short Unit Description: The Wardens of Tirith Aear are the most experienced infantry force that the Prince of Dol Amroth can field.

Long Unit Description:

The Tirith Aear stands high above the rest of the fair city of Dol Amroth upon a great cliff. The Sea-ward Tower watches over the Bay of Belfalas and the Guard of the Tower are ever vigilant for signs of approaching enemy fleets. Tirith Aear is also the residence of the prince of the city and his banners bearing the Silver Swan and the White Ship fly high over the city. The duty of protecting the Prince and his family also falls on this elite guard and it is a duty they do not take lightly. When the Prince of Dol Amroth goes to war a company of these tall warriors often accompany him.

The Wardens of Tirith Aear are equipped with plate mail for protection, their breast plates and shields carry the Silver Swan emblem of their prince. Their distinctive helmets are decorated with Swan wings, and these helmets are crafted with exquisite detail to show the elite status of these proud soldiers. They wield finely crafted war spears and are well drilled to form an impenetrable wall which no foe can penetrate. They show the discipline of their Númenórean forefathers and will hold the line against the shadow whilst lesser men flee.
    Last edited by Poosticks7; August 15, 2010 at 03:56 PM.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

is the music from avatar( i mean the anime one)?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    is the music from avatar( i mean the anime one)?
    Yup. Next video will use the soundtrack specially made for dac by a professional composer
    (its epic....)

Under the patronage of Pøntifex Maximus

Poosticks7, I have nothing against you personally, but I'll have to ask you to remove a couple of things from your descriptions. Unfortunately for you, you made these descriptions for DAC and two very friendly DAC admins know exactly what that means: Nothing that I made/wrote/invented can be used for this mod called DAC.

So first of all I'll have to ask you to remove this (as I invented the ratings):

Rating: 8/10

And this:

Rating: 10/10

Secondly, please remove the short unit descriptions, because as you know, I made them.

Furthermore, it's painfully obvious that you used my descriptions as a base, I would like to ask you to edit these descriptions even further or write new ones without using mine as a base. For all additional descriptions that you're going to make, please don't use those that I've written as a base in the future.

Regards, Elphir.

PS: To the bunny, you still have my Men-at-Arms description posted, so what about removing them? And while I'm at it maybe Eol would be so nice to remove the unit info that's on the first post. As well as removing my name on the credits on the first post, because I don't want to have anything to do with this mod.
    Last edited by Elphir of Dol Amroth; August 15, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

I've modified the Short descriptions Elphir but I'm not changing the long ones. I've pretty much rewrote the whole thing.

Yes I used your decription for reference but I reworded them and added things and took a lot out. Of course there will be similarities because we are describing the same thing.