Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Default Re: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    Wow is this is the completed version of thew mod. Thats quick work.
    I assume the versions of BC and RRC 13thAug need to be installed in the same MTW II Total War folder. Sorry if thats a dumb question but I haven't done much modding with MTW II.
    It actually doesn't matter where broken crescent itself is located because we are just taking certain BC files for use in RRRC. All you need to do is copy the contents of the BC \unit_models\_units\ folder into the \unit_models\_units\ folder of RRRC before running RRRC using the new modeldb. Let me know if it works for you.

Aw, can you make a complication for SS6.3? I don't play rr/rc anymore since SS already have them orriginally.

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    Aw, can you make a complication for SS6.3? I don't play rr/rc anymore since SS already have them orriginally.
    I don't have SS6.3; are the Islamic faction units much different? If not I could just get the modeldb for 6.3 and compare it to the current RRRC modeldb, and copy over the relevant sections.

SS6.3 is basically a faster version of your rr/rc mod, not much diffrent, and the Muslim unit are basically the same vanilla

6.3 actually use OLDER version of RR/RC.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    6.3 actually use OLDER version of RR/RC.
    I believe PB said a version from about 10 months ago.

SS6.3 is basically a faster version of your rr/rc mod, not much diffrent, and the Muslim unit are basically the same vanilla
    Well if you send me the modeldb file I can check for compatibility and make whatever necessary changes.

BTW, on the issue of speed, I think that a 10-month old RRRC version would lack the various recent additions to the campaign script (assimilation script, sacking script, etc) which added hundreds of lines of code and consequently slow things down greatly. Personally, I remove many of these luxury scripts from my own campaign script and get much faster AI turn times.

The problem that motivated the assimilation script was that newly-conquered regions became happy and converted to the new religion too quickly and easily. I think that BC solves this problem without any burdensome scripts. As those who also play BC probably have noticed, the religion in provinces tends to be much more static. Fewer buildings create a religious conversion bonus, and these bonuses are much smaller than in RRRC. Also, only higher-level religious buildings allow priests/imams to be recruited, so they are harder to come by. Greatly hampered religious conversion leads to longer lasting religious unrest, so assimilation is mostly inhibited (as it was historically) without massive scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphoricus View Post
    Well if you send me the modeldb file I can check for compatibility and make whatever necessary changes.
    Heres the file.

About SS6.3
    It have everything rr/rc have including assimilation and sacking script if I remebered correctly, but some how it is much faster. 1 turn is just as long as vanilla game. So I think you should be able to make a complication, please do, maybe this will motivate me to play ss6.3 again.
    Last edited by Babygod22; August 25, 2010 at 02:06 AM.

OK, I have attached (in a 7zip file) the battle_models.modeldb incorporating BC graphics for SS units. The choices are somewhat different from my original plan but I think better (there were some glaring mistakes in the original plan).

For the time being, this requires that you already have BC 2.02 installed on your computer as well as the Aug13 RRRC compilation.

The instructions for installation:
    1. Backup the original battle_models.modeldb located in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\

2. Copy the entire contents of \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\broken_crescent\data\unit_models\_units\ into \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\_units\

3. Download and extract the attached file (requires 7zip to extract); copy the extracted battle_models.modeldb to overwrite the original battle_models.modeldb found in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\ .

I do not believe there are any additional steps. I hope that you enjoy the graphical difference and invite you to please express your opinion on this thread. Please also report any errors or problems you encounter. I was fairly liberal with the animations (following BC itself in allowing Mace animations for sword-bearing units, in some cases) and have not noticed any problems yet, but it is still quite possible that such problems do exist.

Great work!!! Runs fine.

Heres the file.

About SS6.3
    It have everything rr/rc have including assimilation and sacking script if I remebered correctly, but some how it is much faster. 1 turn is just as long as vanilla game. So I think you should be able to make a complication, please do, maybe this will motivate me to play ss6.3 again.
    OK, I have attached a 6.3 version, but I have not tested it (as I do not have 6.3), so please let me know if it works.

Remember to backup and move the BC textures to the appropriate location before trying it out.

mfdoom's Avatar Civis

remove khassaki

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Icon7 Re: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Thank you for the 6.3 version its working fine so far but could you also change the the genrals and there units if you could do that plz

@mfdoom: Don't worry, I didn't take out any units. This is just a reskin of some existing units.

@cloud700: This is a good idea because the vanilla Muslim generals look a bit clownish, whereas BC generals are diverse but all quality. I'll look into it sometime.

Great, hope you could reskin all of the general and captain including the Mongol

nothing wrong with it so far.

@mfdoom: Don't worry, I didn't take out any units. This is just a reskin of some existing units.

@cloud700: This is a good idea because the vanilla Muslim generals look a bit clownish, whereas BC generals are diverse but all quality. I'll look into it sometime.

Would be awesome if you could reskin (or find a good BC model for) the kassaki. The vanilla version looks

Yea you could let khassaki and mamluk share the same model texture, I rather have that than vanilla skin, like I said before, it feel incomplete if you change most of them but still leave some vanilla texture.

wouldn't it be better to do overhaul than just reskinning? because the way it is now, islamic factions have seriously underwhelming rosters if you don't want to call them sucks/underpowered.

at least some stats/cost rebalancing is badly needed, for example khassaki, they cost like hell -on par with top western cavalries- but have crap stats relative to their cost

How do you install the 6.3 reskin again? I moved the "battle_models.modeldb" to replace the orriginal one but I got unspecific error when loading the battle map.

How do you install the 6.3 reskin again? I moved the "battle_models.modeldb" to replace the orriginal one but I got unspecific error when loading the battle map.
    Plz look at post #39 - it's the same principle for 6.3

wouldn't it be better to do overhaul than just reskinning? because the way it is now, islamic factions have seriously underwhelming rosters if you don't want to call them sucks/underpowered.

at least some stats/cost rebalancing is badly needed, for example khassaki, they cost like hell -on par with top western cavalries- but have crap stats relative to their cost
    An overhaul would be nice because of roster issues but also because there are many unnecessary units. Why have 'Turkomans' AND 'Turkish Horse Archers'? Mamluks & Khassaki & Royal Mamluks & Ghulams? And Azabs... are little more than another crappy spear peasant/militia unit, but are for some reason a unique unit. I am not saying these units are exactly the same but some reduction could be implemented to free up unit slots.

I hesitate because (1) I am not sure what the complete process is for overhauling, (2) I am not sure what units should be created as replacements, and (3) I am not sure how I should balance the new roster (for RRRC and all that).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast