Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Default [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Just an introduction to the mod - basically, this is just utilizing the graphical skills of AlphaDelta's glorious models produced for Broken Crescent, and placing them to cover up the relatively lack lustre units compared to the beauty of the Russian models.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [SS6.3] Broken Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Just an introduction to the mod - basically, this is just utilizing the graphical skills of AlphaDelta's glorious models produced for Broken Crescent, and placing them to cover up the relatively lack lustre units compared to the beauty of the Russian models.
    Please tell me that you're doing the Middle-East as well. That's cool and all, I just think the Middle-Eastern factions are in more need of a re-skin than the Rus.

And, I don't think this should be in the RR/RC forum.

That's... exactly what I said.

Why not incorporate these units into the RR/RC compilation? Everyone wants the BC units, but PB doesn't have time.

Also, I heard that BC units don't have animations for upgraded armor. Is this true?

That's... exactly what I said.
    Ah, well I misunderstood you then.

I'm excited for this mod, +rep just for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Why not incorporate these units into the RR/RC compilation? Everyone wants the BC units, but PB doesn't have time.

Also, I heard that BC units don't have animations for upgraded armor. Is this true?
    *Looks at the section* Fo'real?

And animations are nothing to do with the models, but I get your point - no, there isn't an upgraded armour model currently available, and AD I believed has moved on from a disagreement while I was away.

And animations are nothing to do with the models, but I get your point - no, there isn't an upgraded armour model currently available, and AD I believed has moved on from a disagreement while I was away.
    I personally don't care that the units wouldn't change cosmetically with successive armor upgrades, I'd be satisfied just to have the great-looking units of BC in Stainless Steel. Making them look different with each upgrade could be held off until you find someone willing to make them from scratch.

I am confused so I will just say what I think is going on and you can tell me if I am correct. You are creating a sub mod for RC/RR that adds BC units to the middle east factions? If I am correct, that would be an awesome addition.
    Last edited by charles the hammer; August 07, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

Probably for some units they could be added in purely as upgrade models for existing unit types, as long as they had the same animation.

What did I say that confused you?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

that's very cool, but how exactly are you going to approach this? especially for factions like the Moors that wasn't actually in BC?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    that's very cool, but how exactly are you going to approach this? especially for factions like the Moors that wasn't actually in BC?
    The Abbasid Caliphate has some Bedouin units, maybe he could use those for the Bebers and the units like them. I'm sure there are a bunch of units from different factions he could mix to make the Moors look cool.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

That's going to be an awesome addition!For the Moors and other units , you can check the Bellum Cruscis mod which have some wonderful models too!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232232

The 6.0 version is the last one. :-)
    R.I.P. Calvin

Sounds excellent Vaz, with PB's TATW crowd getting impatient its hard for him to keep updating this mod as frequently, especially with the much wanted BC skins. Its great to have another generous individual such as yourself willing to take up the graphical reformation call!
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Yep good one, definitely will be a great addition

Not a problem.

Do you add in any models for RR/RC PB? (too many abbr's there. Bugger, done it again). Bascailly, have you changed the modeldb at all?

Thankee for your time and blessing .

(note - I do not have RR/RC installed, so obviously will not be able to test).

Do you mean have I added models and changed the modeldb from 6.1 or 6.2? Yes, a lot.

That will probably be a problem, but how different is it from 6.3?
    Last edited by charles the hammer; August 15, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Don't know, I haven't downloaded 6.3 yet, but they are probably quite similar.

No real issue. As a sneaky request, would I be able to borrow your most up to date modeldb and edu? Don't particularly want to download the whole lot.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast